Character birthdays

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and the End

Character birthdays

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:01 am

What are the sources for character birthdays we have? Are all official birthdays the same as those of the character's seiyuu?

And what value is in-show information? I want to know if Toji's birthday has been shown any other time, apart from the messup in Episode 03. (Look at the image- Toji is given two different birthdays in the English and Japanese sections)
http://www.evacommentary.org/episode-03/03_C240_big.jpg
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 am

Yes I have devoted much thought to this; honestly I myself was going to bring up "where the heck does everyone get these dates?" they're in every "Eva Timeline" I've ever seen but I'm not sure of their canonicty

**Kensuke and Toji are on screen, but then there's the whole "they list two different dates for Toji" thing
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:06 am

Misato's birthdate is either on her ID card in episode #8 or in her other documents scattered around the place in episode #25 (sometime late in 1986 iirc, making her 29). This is again reinforced when in episode #15 she implies she's coming up to 30 when Misato and Ritsuko are talking about that upcoming wedding.

This should be moved from the editors-only forum to the EvaGeeks Wiki Discussion forum so it gets help from everyone on the forum, rather than the handful of folks who can see it here.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:27 am

I corrected all of the birth dates to be in a consistent format and match the info in Chronicle. (Only a couple were actually incorrect.) I actually don't have month-and-day confirmation for Yui yet -- those come from Hayashibara's birthday. One can find the figure on a few Japanese websites, but I haven't acquired Chronicle 30, which has Yui's profile, as of yet.

Ironfoot
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Ironfoot » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:42 pm

I fixed Kensuke's and Maya's as well. The rest look to be correct.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:52 pm

Oh snap. I feel like an idiot for missing those two. -o-;

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:56 pm

This is probably common knowledge by now, but Rei of course doesn't have a birthday--hence that CD called "The Birthday of Rei Ayanami" where that CD of Hayashibara's was released on March 30th (IIRC), which is her birthday.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Yes SSD thank you, though I've already disregarded that CD info as episode 5 specifically says her birthday is unknown
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:07 pm

Thanks for the help. For all the blundering with Toji's birthday, they got Kensuke's right. Interesting.
[Became a moderator on December 31st, 2007. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX.
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “The Editorium”