Evangelion ambiguity

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
o_resentfull_one
Embryo

Evangelion ambiguity

•      
  •      

Postby o_resentfull_one » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:44 pm

In Evangelion there is little to no knowlage that is just 'spoken', (somthing i am greatfull for), there are no easy answers, or at least its not as good as the insightfull one behind it. My thought on this is that this is the reason why so many people debate the point and purpose on this show. it is, as Anno says "...what you make it" he created it to be anyalsed and debated. On the english commentary for EoE one of the producers said that the film was made in such a way that you could stop it frame by frame and study and come up with some points. In this volume of information could it not be possable for two contridicting points to be both correct, to a point. look at the Maya/Ritsuko relationship, some say maya was in love with her, but others say that she wasn't (im going to ignore the manga for this point, just bare with me a sec, its just an example) couldn't it be possable that, Yes, maya was gay, but not be IN love with ritsuko, i mean, its common for younger girls to have crushes on their superiors, maya could want to be ritsuko, more like her. y'know? i dont think i put my point across very well. hmmmm. there is sooooo much to take in from each epp, not to mention the movies! it is possable that one or two conflicting points may both work, as in real life there is no such thing as black and white, only grey this is the same in Evangelion.
The depth of a friendship cannot be measured by time, but the moments that define that time.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:55 pm

Welcome to eva monkey you will fit in just fine.

Also im withn you on the point you made Anno made the show to make us pull our hair out, .
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Nephilim » Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:12 pm

One of the coolest things about Evangelion is that more than half of the story is never shown in the series, you have to gess all the story behind the mysteries, sometimes is easy, but almost everytime you have to ask for help, like in this forums, because is very hard to understand evangelion by yourself.
*insert cool signature here*

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:08 am

Nephilim wrote:One of the coolest things about Evangelion is that more than half of the story is never shown in the series

I dunno... I thought it would have been "cooler" if we were shown more. Telling parts of your story with blurry images superimposed on a tank of giggling Rei that you subsequently REMOVE for the Renewal version... it just isn't cool.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”