Exact dates

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

Exact dates

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:20 pm

Alright, alright,

I searched through the forum archieve but couldn't find this question, though I don't doubt it's been asked before here.

What is the exact date of both Second and Third Impact?

And I'm not talking just year and month, that you can see in EOE, I wanna' know the exact date on which it happened. Is it written anywhere? Is there some point in the series where it's mentioned/listed, or what about the numerous books about Eva? Anything there?

I've heard that some of the staff and VA's from ADV (Tiffany Grant for one) as well as the original Japanese GAINAX staff recieved cards from fans wishing them a happy Second Impact when the day rolled around^_^.

Just want to know for...y'know, future reference =3

Thanks again.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:26 pm

2I - 9/13/2000
3I - Forget about it. The show can't even decide whether it occurs in 2015 or 2016.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:21 am

well shoot

I guess It would have been almost a year since Shinji moved to Tokyo-3, but c'mon.

arrrrrrg. I won't give up, if there isn't an actual, documented date than there must be one that has at least come up in discussion, isn't there?

phooey.

Thanks anyway Reichu,

you da' man. ^^;;
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:16 am

I once figured that if you looked at the calender in Episode 9, and that the production actually checked what the calender days would be in 2015, that the events at that point would be in the winter. So in theory, the whole show takes place in the span of something like August to December 2015.

Although I can't say for certain if thats accurate.

I think thats also where the idea that Kaworu is actually 15 came from, because the calender date for the battle with Israfel falls after the date of Second Impact, and he's introduced well after that.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:06 pm

i know of a site that has a countdown to third impact and it occurs in 2016. what date i have yet to get around to figuring out yet, but if you think that i am too lazy i can just give you the address right now.[url]http://naru.easynetonline.net/asukanote/an/site/english/index.html[/url]
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Dec 18, 2004 7:49 am

I'm a little confused how she determined the date for third impact :? IMO there is no definite way to determine that date, as the series doesn't really tell us.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Dec 18, 2004 3:42 pm

I don't know how Axel did it but maybe he acually did get the date somehow or maybe he just guessed? I don't know.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Jan 08, 2005 12:17 pm

new revolation, the date of 3I is sometime in 2015 afterall. If you look at Maya's cpu when she analyzes the Anti At Field, their are 2 dates on it. one part of the screen is filled with data from 2I and the other side of the screen is filled with current data and says 2015 on the top. Yet that would mean that 2I was caused by an anti at field emmitted by Adam.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”