Pages that need to be created

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Pages that need to be created

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:40 am

These pages are currently being linked to, but no page exists. Aside from the general Eva stuff like "Synchronization", "Wings of Light", and other Theory/Analysis stuff, these are more secondary, and I think they require a bit of knowledge of the subject. So anyone who knows anything about this stuff should create a page. I've already provided the creation link.

Songs and Music:
Thanatos~If I can't be yours~
Thanatos
Substitute Invasion
Neon Genesis Evangelion II (soundtrack)

I don't know about much of the details of these songs, maybe there should be a generic song/BGM page for this stuff? Oh, I created a makeshift S² Works page but I'm sure it still needs a lot of work, also made a few composers pages that needed to be created.

Publications:
Collector's Discs
Groundwork of Evangelion
Neon Genesis Evangelion RPG: The Nerv White Paper
Sore o Nasumono
Neon Genesis Evangelion Collector's Discs
Neon Genesis Evangelion Newtype 100% Collection
Newtype Filmbooks
Theatrical program books
01 Test-Type DVD
Die Sterne
Evangelion:Stripping Instrumentality Project
Angel Kiss

Games:
Mayumi Yamagishi (GoS page, Second Impression)
Battle Orchestra
Evangelion Detective
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Sega Saturn)
Super Robot Wars
T-RIDEN-T Land Cruiser
Data of Evangelion (is this a publication?)
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Second Impression
Eva and Good Friends (is this even a game?)

Was it "atomic punk" who posts mainly about games? Anyone who've played these games want to make a page?

People:
Carl Gustav Horn
Tomoki Kyoda
Tiffany Grant

I've already went through and created pages of people that there exists nearly no info for that were being linked to. But I think a lot more can be written about these people.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Re: Pages that need to be created

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:46 am

Ornette wrote:Was it "atomic punk" who posts mainly about games? Anyone who've played these games want to make a page?

Stardust appears to know quite a lot about these games too. Yes, it's mostly "atomic punk" who posts about the games, but I don't think he's been here in a while.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Pages that need to be created

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:10 pm

Ornette wrote:Substitute Invasion

Vicarious Invasion is a better translation, and this song really isn't important enough to warrant its own page. "End of Evangelion (soundtrack)", probably.

I don't know about much of the details of these songs, maybe there should be a generic song/BGM page for this stuff?

There should eventually be pages for all of the music releases. At that point, any existing pages on songs should probably be fused into the corresponding audio release in which they were first released. "Comments on included songs", or something.

I have information on a lot of the audio releases, but I'm due to be pretty overworked as is. There's a feature covering a lot of them in Chronicle, and I think I have it scanned. I can put that up and other folks can get started, at least.

Oh, I created a makeshift S² Works page but I'm sure it still needs a lot of work

I have a crapload of stuff on this release. Some of my translation work is old, though, so I should probably Wiki-tize this myself and incorporate the necessary revisions.

Same thing. The latter is the one that should be kept.

Should probably be "Neon Genesis Evangelion Newtype Film Books" (with Film Books as two words).

I think there's a page for these already. It should be renamed to "Theatrical pamphlets" (they're called "pamphlets" officially - don't ask me why), and the 1.0 booklet should be added.

Now that I look, this thing has "Neon Genesis Evangelion" prefacing the "01 Test-Type DVD" part. This is actually a DVD release.

The page at evacommentary should be enough to get anyone willing to tackle this started. (But my old thumbnails shouldn't be used. AchtungAffen has new ones that either I or someone else should get from him.)

This was originally a game (Neon Genesis Evangelion: Shinji and Good Friends: Stripping Instrumentality Project -- maybe we can omit the NGE part in the page title...), and a book was published of pictures from that game and others (Stripping Instrumentality Project / Shinji and Good Friends Complete [kanji I don't feel like looking up now] Collection). We could probably get away with making a general page for those PC games (the "Shinji and Good Friends" series) and dumping the book there, as well.

I wonder if this thing needs its own article, or if it should just be dumped onto Asari's page?

Mayumi Yamagishi (GoS page, Second Impression)

I propose a page for Extracanonical Characters, instead. I don't think Mayumi warrants her own page.

I won't if Shin-seiki couldn't be convinced to provide anything on this one. (He owns what seems to be a DVD port of it.)

It was suggested that the "Other Evas and Angels" page be expanded to "Extracanonical Mecha" or something (the Evas and Angels are both categorized as "mecha", officially), so that way we could just add the T-RIDENT-S and JA Prime to the preexisting page.

Data of Evangelion (is this a publication?)

It's a booklet that comes with the Renewal DVD Box Set. That said, there should probably be a page about the releases of Renewal, and Data could be under a subheading of the DVD-box entry.

Eva and Good Friends (is this even a game?)

Replace this with the "Shinji and Good Friends" thing I mention above.

Was it "atomic punk" who posts mainly about games? Anyone who've played these games want to make a page?

I haven't played many of the games, myself. Could go through the threads and cast the "Summon Spell" on anyone who has, though, including at0mic.

I've already went through and created pages of people that there exists nearly no info for that were being linked to. But I think a lot more can be written about these people.

It'd probably require a bit of research on our parts.

There is plenty that I can add, but I have difficulty "rationing" myself, fu~. If anyone has a preference as to what I should do first, that would help me. (As I mentioned elsewhere, I never finished the pages for Chronicle or Proposal.)
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 pm

The T-Riden-T has a Geektionary entry; I suppose we could could just be lazy and have the links point there. [url]http://evageeks.org/FGP/The_Geektionary_T-Z#T-RIDEN-T_Land_Cruiser[/url]
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:50 pm

The Geektionary entry was always intended to be moved, though. Doesn't really belong there, and JA Prime needs to go somewhere anyway.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 am

"Thanatos/Evangelion OST II/Tiffany Grant"

I'll cover those. Oh, by the way, what do we write for the Staff/CD profiles? Like do we write the song release date, the lyrics and stuff like that?

EDIT: Okay, I'm finalising the last two pages [OST II/Grant] and I couldn't gather much information on the two; info is scarce now on the Internet. I tried but failed to find any more relevant information on Tiffany Grant, so I think we will have to leave it at that.

Furthermore, why do we need "Thanatos", with a single page? It's part of OST 1 and no other tracks listings have their own page, so why do we even require it to be created?
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Reichu directly ordered us never to make articles about the english voice cast
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:55 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3700

Which was more about the dub related stuff, and not the voice actresses/actors:
Reichu wrote:Can we please, Please, PLEASE dump anything dub-related (except for stuff that causes misconceptions and whatever) into an "unthinkably low priority" box and focus on much more significant things right now? :um:

But a bit about the infobox:
Reichu wrote:In my mind, there should be a couple, at most, of purely informative pages about dubby things, and any other mentions would be to draw attention to the dubs' unfavorable clashing with NGE (TRUE).

Of course, once we run out of better things to do (five years from now), I might care less about more extensive treatment being given. But as I see it, the part bolded above is all we need for the foreseeable future. Any more is counterproductive and threatens Reichu's sense of personal security.

On a related note: I want seiyuu only for the character info boxes. Anyone else can be mentioned in a more appropriate place.

So no English cast in the character infoboxes.

The English cast is to be low priority:
The Eva Monkey wrote:Concerning dub materials, and other derivitive material:

We should focus on the show's canon and primary materials before we branch off. We should detail stuff like Characters, episodes, and various theories before we start bios for Spike Spencer and Tiffany Grant.

Please note that I am not denying the need to cater to dub fans, I'm simply stating that it's of secondary or even tertiary importance.

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:08 pm

So...why do we need an article on Tiffany Grant, then? Help me out here.

I like watching the dub, but I agree it should be left to the sidelines, restricted to pointing out errors and inaccuracies (which I've tried to add to several episode pages).
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I hammered it down to nothing, but if you want it gone...gone it shall be. It's protected right now.

True, we don't need the English dub cast any more than we need the other foreign dub actors (German, Spanish, French and so on...). Dump 'em.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:57 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:True, we don't need the English dub cast any more than we need the other foreign dub actors (German, Spanish, French and so on...). Dump 'em.

Agreed. But then, why is Amanda Wynn Lee on there?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:
UrsusArctos wrote:True, we don't need the English dub cast any more than we need the other foreign dub actors (German, Spanish, French and so on...). Dump 'em.

Agreed. But then, why is Amanda Wynn Lee on there?

She shouldn't be. User:Katayoku no Tenshi made that article and as he hadn't contributed before, I didn't want to discourage him at the time, so I didn't instantly delete it. I should have eventually.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 pm

Alles Fertig. AWL and Tiffany no longer have pages.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:48 pm

So the other pages can be created, without any deletions or delays?
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:49 am

Bump.

There's a lot more Wanted Pages. See first post in this thread if you don't know what these are.

Still a lot of publications and games. The "Talk:" pages can be ignored, but this is probably because its parent page has a template that needs to be addressed. Also, FGC pages can be disregarded since you need to have FGC editor rights to create those.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Bump again, it looked like there were people wondering what needed to be done. There's a maintenance page that lists the Wanted Pages, meaning lots of other wiki pages attempt to link to articles that have yet to be written. These are the ones that most need to be written.

Additionally, if creating a page from scratch is too daunting, we have a set of "Help" categories that has a set of sub-categories of pages that get flagged for things like: Pages needing cleanup, Pages needing deconstruction, Pages needing expansion, Pages needing images, Pages needing updating, Pages with spelling/grammar errors, and Stub Articles (pages that have been created as a placeholder, and need to be written, which is like one of the "Wanted" pages except a stub has been created for it).

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”