"You are number one!"

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

You are number one!

Poll ended at Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:52 am

Shinji
6
26%
Asuka
16
70%
Rei
1
4%
 
Total votes: 23

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Fri Dec 10, 2004 10:22 pm

No vote from me. It's like choosing between a douche, a turd sandwich, and, um... um... a prophylactic.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Posts: 2078
Joined: Jun 27, 2004
Location: The End
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:03 am

Well, hell! "Screaming Lunatic" is even cooler in my book, thank you.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:48 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:Well, hell! "Screaming Lunatic" is even cooler in my book, thank you.


And Asuka proved how good SHE was at that in EoE...

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Posts: 2078
Joined: Jun 27, 2004
Location: The End
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:39 am

Naw, she was just a lunatic who screamed. That's completely different.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1705
Joined: Jul 06, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:38 am

eh? more like a screaming schitzo if you want to go there...
but we shouldnt be character bashing...its not very nice...

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:39 am

sadsadshinji wrote:eh? more like a screaming schitzo if you want to go there...
but we shouldnt be character bashing...its not very nice...


Is it actually schizophrenia if your "dead" mother really is talking to you?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin
Posts: 1018
Joined: Jun 21, 2004
Location: New York, U.S.A.

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Dave » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:46 pm

Reichu wrote:Is it actually schizophrenia if your "dead" mother really is talking to you?


I am so quoting you on that one Reichu.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:03 pm

Dave wrote:I am so quoting you on that one Reichu.


Is that a good thing or a bad?

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1705
Joined: Jul 06, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:17 pm

taken out of context to one who doesnt know a thing about eva... a very bad thing
and its sounds like a schizo to everyone but her...

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:24 pm

Well, you never know... Schizophrenics might actually have a sense that is either absent or latent in most of us, and the 'hearing things' is an effect of this that essentially drives them mad. See, it's the hearing things that causes the madness, not the other way around. Then, I don't know any schizophrenics, so this is just me gushing my nonsensical pet theories.

Hearing her 'dead' mother or not, Asuka really WAS a raging lunatic in #25'. I mean, cripes, just look at some of those faces she makes. And if pre-3I Instrumentality was any indication, she makes the same kinds of faces during sex. Scary.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 62
Posts: 20333
Joined: Nov 23, 2004
Location: This sceptered isle.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Dec 14, 2004 3:06 pm

Reichu wrote:Hearing her 'dead' mother or not, Asuka really WAS a raging lunatic in #25'. I mean, cripes, just look at some of those faces she makes. And if pre-3I Instrumentality was any indication, she makes the same kinds of faces during sex. Scary.


Seriously PO'd because she'd been dumped in the middle of all this by baka-Shinji - and then it gets worse. I can understand that in both cases.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Tue Dec 14, 2004 4:22 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Seriously PO'd because she'd been dumped in the middle of all this by baka-Shinji - and then it gets worse. I can understand that in both cases.


Hey, it's not like Asuka didn't bring a lot of it upon herself. And how much of a baka can Shinji be if Asuka herself has the hots for him? She must be a baka for liking him.

And about Shinji -- hey, it's not like he WANTED that bout of pre-3I Instrumentality. All he wanted were Asuka's boobies.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar
Age: 62
Posts: 20333
Joined: Nov 23, 2004
Location: This sceptered isle.
Gender: Male
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:25 am

Reichu wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:Seriously PO'd because she'd been dumped in the middle of all this by baka-Shinji - and then it gets worse. I can understand that in both cases.


Hey, it's not like Asuka didn't bring a lot of it upon herself. And how much of a baka can Shinji be if Asuka herself has the hots for him? She must be a baka for liking him.


Shinji is rather the last out of a field of exactly one... And we the viewers have more information than she does about his one act of volition during 25'

Reichu wrote:And about Shinji -- hey, it's not like he WANTED that bout of pre-3I Instrumentality. All he wanted were Asuka's boobies.


He seemed less happy about the prospect when rather literally applied back in ep#8 :wink:
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics||MAL
Avatar: Mahou Shoujo Rapture Asuka : "Slice them up with your magical karambit, chu!"

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:48 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Shinji is rather the last out of a field of exactly one... And we the viewers have more information than she does about his one act of volition during 25'


Whaaaaat? Asuka knows far more than we do. Her mind gets connected to his, for crissake.

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1705
Joined: Jul 06, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:04 am

i thought that it was the Asuka in his mind on top of him....

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2238
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Gender: Female

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:43 pm

Reichu wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:Shinji is rather the last out of a field of exactly one... And we the viewers have more information than she does about his one act of volition during 25'


Whaaaaat? Asuka knows far more than we do. Her mind gets connected to his, for crissake.

isn't all these illusions of Shinji?

and wow Rei has no vote yet..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma
User avatar
Posts: 23501
Joined: Aug 21, 2004
Location: Lost in Bat Country
Gender: Female
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:24 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:isn't all these illusions of Shinji?


Shinji is clearly connected to the minds of Asuka, Misato, etc., at that point. If he isn't -- then explain how he is able to see Misato's boink-a-thon with Kaji.

An awful lot of the stuff in EoE loses its significance if you go by the interpretation, "Oh, it's all in Shinji's head." Might be 'in his head', in a sense -- because the minds of these other people are CONNECTED TO HIS.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga
User avatar
Age: 28
Posts: 2238
Joined: Jul 14, 2004
Gender: Female

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby the_seventh_child » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:49 pm

Reichu wrote:Shinji is clearly connected to the minds of Asuka, Misato, etc., at that point. If he isn't -- then explain how he is able to see Misato's boink-a-thon with Kaji.

An awful lot of the stuff in EoE loses its significance if you go by the interpretation, "Oh, it's all in Shinji's head." Might be 'in his head', in a sense -- because the minds of these other people are CONNECTED TO HIS.

yeah it makes sense..it can't be all in Shinji's mind..and i read carefully lines of Misato.."yes,this is me..this is me from a reflection in your mind warping..this is a part of me you didn't know..the truth can be painful..but yuo wanted to know."
these lines surely indicate something..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin
User avatar
Posts: 1705
Joined: Jul 06, 2004

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:25 pm

so..they are the minds of others in his mind?
that would explain Asuka's expression once she found out about what he did, as well as not being there for her in the end

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot
User avatar
Posts: 2078
Joined: Jun 27, 2004
Location: The End
Contact:

  •      
  •      
  • Quote

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:08 pm

Shinji's position in Instrumentality essentially makes him the conscious hub of human existence.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does


Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests