Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Scribe Sign-Up Sheet

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:30 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:I already created an account for you. As for why you didn't get the e-mail about it, I dunno. Spam filter? Are you cleared to receive stuff from evageeks.org?

It's not in my spam filter, and it's not in my regular email either. Can you PM me the password?
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:06 pm

View Original PostEl Squibbonator wrote:It's not in my spam filter, and it's not in my regular email either. Can you PM me the password?

Hmm... Only option I see is to reset your password, which still goes through the email you registered at EvaGeeks with. I tried that just in case. If it still doesn't work, I guess I could try just deleting the account and giving you the password from the get-go. Really sorry about this (taking over from Ornette here after doing nothing on the Wiki in forever), and thanks for all the patience you can provide.

Gargantuar: To prevent the problem I'm having with Squib, I'm going to use the tried and true method of PMing you your temp password. Make sure you sign in and change it pronto!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:22 am

Hi, I've been lurking EvaGeeks for a long time, and have tried to sign up on two separate occasions. The first time, a really long time ago, I couldn't get a confirmation email to show up in the email address I had at the time. This second time, I had the exact same issue, but on a whim today, I tried resending a verification email again because I spotted something on the Wiki I wanted to address in the talk page, and it said I needed to ask for a wiki account here. I'd appreciate a wiki account greatly. I've been a huge fan of NGE and Rebuild for a very long time (NGE specifically I first saw 13 years ago, and it became my favorite anime when I watched it in full 11 years ago, and I've rewatched both NGE and the rebuilds several times), and I've wanted to contribute to the wiki and the website for a long time now (about 2 or 3 years now, actually, lol--just couldn't get signing up to work out for me).

The page I'm looking to bring up discussion on is the Evangelions page. There is an excerpt that reads "Evas are referred to as "copies" of Adam, and, in the Classified Information files, by the awkward phrase "clonal regenerations" (in reference to the "Adam Revival Project", or Project E). In real life use, "clone" means an exact genetic copy, which, considering the differences the Evas exhibit amongst themselves, they clearly cannot be." that is inaccurate. The long and short of it is that many clones turn out looking different than their original, for a variety of reasons; the biggest reasons being that DNA includes tons of redundant data (and where genes are located with respect to one another plays a large role in what function those genes play; even two identical genes placed right next to each other can serve completely different functions), and genetic expression is complex and mediated via a myriad of factors, many of which are environmental. For this reason, it isn't safe to assume that the Evas are not exact copies of copies of Adam (not including Unit-01 for obvious reasons, at least in regards to the TV Series/NGE) based solely off of their individual differences. It's better to say that we don't know for sure, but given what we know (referencing the information I just shared), it isn't necessarily wrong to take the Classified Information files' word for it.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Squib: ...anything?

Goat: On the previous attempts, were you trying to create an account yourself through the wiki interface? If so, that would explain why none of them worked. We have drive-by sign-ups deactivated for... some reason or another. Does the Wiki username "StrokeMeGoat" sound good?

The bit from the Wiki you're interested in changing just goes to show how badly a clean-up a needed. Not only is it referencing an obsolete C.I. translation ("clone saisei" goes into English as the verb "clone", plain and simple), it's one of countless examples of personal opinion being gratuitously interjected where it isn't required. Nearly all the speculation needs to be moved onto Theory & Analysis pages (or just deleted outright), with the regular articles limiting themselves to summarizing canonical data and only the simplest speculation (e.g., simple, straightforward deductions, stated as suggestion rather than fact).
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

StrokeMeGoat
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby StrokeMeGoat » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

After a discussion in another thread with you, I don't really feel like correcting it anymore. To answer your question about signing up, no, I didn't try through the Wiki. I tried to sign up on the forums. I really have no idea what the issue was, but it's seemed to have resolved itself. As you can see, looking at the date I joined using this account, I signed up in January, but I never was able to use this account until September 5th. I resent my activation email several times for about a week after making this account, but nothing showed up. It could've been a problem with the website I signed up on for email, but the account I made about a year before this one had the same issue, and rather than using a gmail account for that one, I used an outlook account. I'm aware that a lot of the time these emails get sent to the junk folder, but there wasn't anything there either. I honestly think that, for a while, the forum was having trouble sending out emails or something. Otherwise, why would two separate email accounts using two different websites both not receive emails from the Evageeks forum, even after resending the activation emails several times?

If it wasn't a problem with the website, I really have no idea what the issue could've been. If no one else has had a problem, and now that it's no longer a problem for me, maybe it's best just to forget about it.

d423thvader
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby d423thvader » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:13 am

I'm currently rewatching the series and would like to help adding some details I noticed to the wiki, as well as help toning down some paragraphs that are too subjective.

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:41 pm

Requesting a wiki account - I'm a fairly prolific editor on various other wikis and would like to help contribute to our EvaWiki. Thanks!
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

Sk8erPrince
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sk8erPrince » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:11 am

I would like to sign up as a Wiki.evageeks.org contributor. I love the Evangelion series and I would love to contribute to the encyclopedia.

tamh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tamh » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:19 pm

I'm new to the forums, and I know that I shouldn't jump the gun so fast, but I was checking the Evangelion Chronicles wiki pages and I really wanted to be of help to the community.
I have all the binders by exception of the ST one (which I'm trying to obtain), and I would like to update the out of date information and other stuff, specially regarding binder 02 and Extra.

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Account created, tamh. The system should have sent you an email with a temporary password.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

tamh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tamh » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:07 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Account created, tamh. The system should have sent you an email with a temporary password.

Sorry to bother you, but I didn't receive the email, also I tried doing a "Forgot password" request in the Wiki and that email didn't arrive either.
Is my email address correctly set on my account?
Thank you very much!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:43 am

Code: Select all

Dec 11 17:09:44 castro postfix/cleanup[21604]: E5D699D5253: hold: header Received: from [XXX])??(using TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))??(No client certificate requested)??by castro.c from [XXX]; from=<[email protected]> to=<XXX> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX>
Dec 11 17:09:46 castro postfix/smtp[21622]: 28F9D9D525F: to=<XXX>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.201.26]:25, delay=3, delays=2.4/0/0.35/0.26, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1481494183 p35si25020265qtf.205 - gsmtp)

The mail server logs say the email was sent, to the email address associated with your forum account. Are you sure it didn't end up in the spam folder?

Charizard
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Charizard » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:13 pm

Are there any qualifications to becoming an editor?
My main hobby is dressing up as a 14-year-old girl
Instagram|Cosplay Facebook

tamh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tamh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:20 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:

Dec 11 17:09:44 castro postfix/cleanup[21604]: E5D699D5253: hold: header Received: from [XXX])??(using TLSv1 with cipher ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA (256/256 bits))??(No client certificate requested)??by castro.c from [XXX]; from=<[email protected]> to=<XXX> proto=ESMTP helo=<XXX>
Dec 11 17:09:46 castro postfix/smtp[21622]: 28F9D9D525F: to=<XXX>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[209.85.201.26]:25, delay=3, delays=2.4/0/0.35/0.26, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1481494183 p35si25020265qtf.205 - gsmtp)

The mail server logs say the email was sent, to the email address associated with your forum account. Are you sure it didn't end up in the spam folder?

Thanks for your reply. I think the mail server log snippet you pasted was actually from the verification email sent to me when I signed up for the forum. The ESMTPS id (p35si25020265qtf) coincides with the one generated for that particular message.

Delivered-To: [REDACTED]
Received: by 10.XXX.49.76 with SMTP id n12cspXXX7247uab;
        Sun, 11 Dec 2016 14:09:43 -0800 (PST)
X-Received: by 10.XXX.27.40 with SMTP id b40mrXXX40443qkb.256.14814XXX83558;
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from castro.cometway.com (castro.cometway.com. [23.25.95.132])
        by mx.google.com with ESMTPS id p35si25020265qtf.205.2016.12.11.14.09.43
        for <[REDACTED]>
        (version=TLS1_2 cipher=ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256 bits=128/128);

The later message when Monk Ed created my wiki account never arrived, not even when I attempted password recovery. My spam folder hasn't received any emails lately. I find this most confusing.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:57 pm

Yeah, it looks like gmail is throttling the email for some reason. Let's try it again, I'll have it deliver through another MTA.

tamh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tamh » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:12 pm

View Original PostOrnette#852408 wrote:Yeah, it looks like gmail is throttling the email for some reason. Let's try it again, I'll have it deliver through another MTA.

It now worked wonders. Thank you very much! :w00:

heavybassist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby heavybassist » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:08 pm

I would like to be an editor of the wiki, is there any requierements?
Post tenebras lux

Airsaber
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Airsaber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:25 am

If it's not a problem, I would like to be able to edit the wiki. I'm not sure whether I can contribute a lot, but I can certainly spot any mistakes or typos. (And boy, spotting them and being unable to fix them bugs me quite a bit.)

EDIT: Thank you!
believing a sign of Zeta~

kimilljong92
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kimilljong92 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:11 am

I wish to contribute to the Wiki. I may not contribute to it often (or even rarely) but since my 1st visit to the wiki it's kinda tempting to correct and fix grammatical errors in pages, even adding more details to them, and etc. So even if I'm a newbie here you may count on me someday.

To sum up everything - I'm in!
気持ち悪い。。。 ーアスカ
"shadilay, shadilay, la mia libertà!" - Pepe

SakoeraTyan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby SakoeraTyan » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:09 pm

I'd like to be able to contribute to the wiki. I can fix any typos I spot, upgrade images with higher quality sources or add ones where necessary, and potentially add content to some of the less complete articles.

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”