Anyone seen Battle Royale? Asuka's in it.

A forum for discussing the filmmakers and artists associated with Khara, Trigger, or Gainax, but apart from their studio projects.

Moderator: Board Staff

houtaru
Lilith

Anyone seen Battle Royale? Asuka's in it.

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:54 am

I just saw a great Japanese movie called Battle Royale. It's about kids being forced to kill each other in a game because of increasing youth lawlessness. Sounds silly i know, but the movie itself is a satire on Japanese school life. Being controversial, it never made it to the US. One of my friends has an import DVD.

Asuka's voice actress is in the movie playing a perky girl introducing the kids to the evil 'game'. When I heard her talk I kept saying to myself "I know I've heard her voice somewhere". She's really cute.

Anyway, good movie. Check it out, if you can find it.

Vulkurt
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: Anyone seen Battle Royale? Asuka's in it.

•      
  •      

Postby Vulkurt » Thu Jun 24, 2004 9:47 am

houtaru wrote:I just saw a great Japanese movie called Battle Royale. It's about kids being forced to kill each other in a game because of increasing youth lawlessness. Sounds silly i know, but the movie itself is a satire on Japanese school life. Being controversial, it never made it to the US. One of my friends has an import DVD.

Asuka's voice actress is in the movie playing a perky girl introducing the kids to the evil 'game'. When I heard her talk I kept saying to myself "I know I've heard her voice somewhere". She's really cute.

Anyway, good movie. Check it out, if you can find it.

Is that her that does the breakdown of the game on the screen? No kidding! I must go back to my copy and check it out.

I wholeheartedly agree. Battle Royale is an interesting film, but as always, the book is far better. I don't think I've ever gone through a book so quickly, and I read a lot.

Have you seen Battle Royale II? Many people absolutely hate it, but it is not the worst thing I've ever seen.
Done. Guarding.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:59 am

I saw the second half of Battle Royale at my anime club's 24 hour marathon this spring. It was pretty nutty, I didn't notice Yuko Miyamura was in it. I'll have to take another look at it.

Asuka Loves Toji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Loves Toji » Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:23 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I saw the second half of Battle Royale at my anime club's 24 hour marathon this spring. It was pretty nutty, I didn't notice Yuko Miyamura was in it. I'll have to take another look at it.

yeah she's in the beggingi ya missed it
comming soon so a siggy near you

utero2001
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby utero2001 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:42 am

BR is great fun

be aware though BR2 is a bit of a dissapointment and just don't touch the 1st

imagine kids turning into terrorists with AKs, fighting off Japan SAS style army guys

Alien Guy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Alien Guy » Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Battle Royale is one of my favorite Japanese films of all time. Love it. BR2 is good to, IMO, but yea no were near as good as the first.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:52 am

I have watched both BR and BRII..but the first is absolutely one of the best movies ever made..about the sequel it was good..
and yeah when i watched it for the first time i said "hey that's Asuka"..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:08 pm

I know this thread is ancient, so sorry to necro-post, but I'm really shocked that I didn't spot this. I've seen BR several times, and I never noticed who the voice was. Last time I watched it, I remember commenting to my housemate that the voice sounded familiar, but I've never managed to spot who it was. Thanks for that!
Natsukashii, ne?

Return to “Related to the Filmmakers and Artists”