[LAEM] LOL They Don't Have the Money

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

LOL They Don't Have the Money

Postby NAveryW » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:04 pm

ADV is currently downsizing bunches and oodles. There's no way they can get the money to make a live action feature length trilogy.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:28 pm

Unless they are downsizing in order to save money for the live action movie!
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:33 pm

Downsizing in order to fund a project that has a very real chance of blowing up in their faces and scuppering a whole lot of secure sources of income? Oh, no.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby drinian » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:50 pm

ADV was only responsible for part of the funding, anyway. If there are other Hollywood types who want to make this happen, I'm sure that whatever remains of ADV will be willing to license it to them.

V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:21 pm

as one of the anime shows which consistently "ranks in the top 5" of the "greatest anime of all time" straw polls (purely in terms of popularity and influence) , this is seriously one of THE titles to adapt, and quite a few parties are interested in it

I am not concerned at this
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Themaninblack » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

V wrote:as one of the anime shows which consistently "ranks in the top 5" of the "greatest anime of all time" straw polls (purely in terms of popularity and influence) , this is seriously one of THE titles to adapt, and quite a few parties are interested in it

I am not concerned at this

I am...there still a chance the guy who did 300 could do it
I won.

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:14 pm

I kinda feel relieved knowing that Greenfield will not be able to author any original content Eva related.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:07 am

AchtungAffen wrote:I kinda feel relieved knowing that Greenfield will not be able to author any original content Eva related.

If the director picked wants to "stay true to the vision of Eva", at least wants to try to, who would he be more likely to see, do you think?

The Japanese original creator, who he'd have to get a translator for, and may be busy working on other projects, or the man who speaks English, who has oodles of information that's just a phone call away.

I'm semi-convinced that Greenfield will be the head writer if the movie ever gets made.

Though, semi interesting side note, a friend of mine is watching eva for the first time. I lent her volume 2 of Platinum, and she decided to watch it with the commentary afterwards, and she thought "Wow, this man really has no idea what the fuck he's babbling about", just from the tone in his voice, lol.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:56 am

I say just let the Japanesse do it
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:56 am

I meant, I know Greenfield will put his greasy fingers in writing the Laem if he could. Thanks to providence, ADV seems to be getting broke, that's why I felt the relief.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”