This particular scream...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

InvaderRen
Lilith

This particular scream...

•      
  •      

Postby InvaderRen » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:33 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-4myiJIQg&NR=1

Theres a clip of EVA-01 screaming at 1:15. could someone tell me what EP and what audio track its from? [i heard that the screams are different on the eng and jpn versions]

Im planning something and dont really want to use the tinny robotic one from the first episode

Thanks

yokuchi
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby yokuchi » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:03 pm

It sounds like it's probably from the first time Yui-sama went berzerk [jpn track]
insert witty and offensive political banter here

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:16 pm

I've read some of the comments there and most of them point to the scream from Eva 01 when she goes berserk, ingesting the S2 Organ.

You can also tell that because of the scene when it screams; pulling its head back with white teeth, and white teeth on Eva 01 was only shown in Episode 19+, when she goes berserk, eating the Angel.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:23 pm

The Yui-sama scream is probably from Episode 19 when she acquires the S2 Engine.

Shinji shown screaming right after that seems to be from Episode 19, too, or from the Episode 24' battle. (Don't remember that sorta scream in EoE.)

(Either way, who cares! Ogata Megumi=Image)

Also: The Death OST having the whole 38 minutes of Dies Irae [REQUIEM] is just insane.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:42 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:(Either way, who cares! Ogata Megumi=Image)

Yes, but...

Hm? I was under the impression that Megumi Hayashibara performed the vocal effects (i.e. roars and screams) for Eva-01. Can anyone confirm that?
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:44 pm

I dunno, but I've heard this too, if that helps any. ^_^;
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:32 am

I also heard that she does the vocals for PenPen as well. Wow...if she did Sho's screaming then...how would she do Sho's screaming?
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:20 am

Easy. All she needs in a low-pitched voice, and make her yell low, and deep, and groaning/moaning as well. It is almost far off from Sho's screams, but they use computers to digitize the voice so it can sound more frightening and what not.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:58 am

All you need to do is get her to scream or breathe or grunt in a normal voice and then lengthen it. Drawing it out prolongs it and lowers the pitch. Add other pitch alterations and distortions and you get appropriate Eva noises.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:29 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:All you need to do is get her to scream or breathe or grunt in a normal voice and then lengthen it. Drawing it out prolongs it and lowers the pitch. Add other pitch alterations and distortions and you get appropriate Eva noises.

I'm guessing that, too. Though I always liked to imagine her as a Frank Welker-esque talent who can do vocal effects with little more than their own voice. ^_^
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”