Multiple-Authored Evangelion Fanfic Thinktank

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

Multiple-Authored Evangelion Fanfic Thinktank

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:13 pm

Alright so I heard from the AvPvE thread in Evangelion Chitchat there is an idea forming to create a fanfic written by multiple authors who write a story that has a definite beginning, middle, and end, etc.

So here is the thread for dudes to get into groups, make storylines, etc.

The first idea i heard was something like an AlienVsPredatorVsEvangelion fanfic. So yeah. I remember that Sachiel_13, Anti-Goth, and myself have expressed enthusiasm about this...but I have to study for finals, so I can't do any contributions (to the storyline) this week or so....
Last edited by TheAyanamiOtaku on Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:15 pm

I CALLED DIBS ON EVANGALIEN ALREADY YOU CAN'T HAVE IT
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:15 pm

I say a Alien/Predator/Evangelion Vs. Predator. :D
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:17 pm

NAvery, you can join ussss....

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:26 pm

But my words will become lost, or confused with the words of others.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:43 pm

I'm already doing one, but I'll join as well. I'll continue my previous fan fic while we're doing a new one.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:59 pm

No Navery, you won't lose any of your uniqueness at all. I was thinking about each writer write a single chapter, moving the plot and characters towards the end, but is not allowed to write the end of the storyline, only move the story slightly foreward so the other writers have something to write about.

This continues for one or two cycles (depending on how many writers there are. Example: TAO, Sachiel_13, Anti-Goth, and Beserk Eva01: 2 Cycles: 10 Chapters, each writer writes 2 chapters; 3 Cycles: 15 Chapters, each writer writes 3 chapters, and so on) until the time for the ending arrives, which will be written by the writer that the others vote or choose to write the end, aka, when the cycle returns to that particular author.

Each chapter will pick up from the last, and main plots and plot arcs will be discussed and created/managed by the authors. I do not know how controlled or free this project should be, as it very may well end up as one writer making up for what another writer has done in the previous chapter.

I guess I'm saying in order for this to really work, we need to know what each of us will write so each of us can build from that. I am very excited about this project.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:03 pm

I may go ahead and work on this with you, but my EVANGALIEN idea already has too many ideas that I'd like to use and work with to fit in with the current idea, so I'll work on it separately.

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:13 am

Aww, oh well. I was really looking foreward to working with the five of us. =\ So it's just me, Sachiel_13, Anti-Goth, and Beserk.

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start? I have some ideas but I want to hear yours.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:06 am

I said I'll still work with you guys, but I'm also doing my own EVANGALIEN idea separately. I've finished planning out its overall story arc and it fits together amazingly well.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Does anyone have any ideas on where to start? I have some ideas but I want to hear yours.

The Predator Kid! (if you missed my other post about this see the eva/alien /pred topic)
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm writing a Fan Fic at the moment, but nobody's reading it! Is it really that bad? :cry:

It's going to have to be Evangelion related, why don't we start it off comedy-like, then get off from there?
>>Nothing<<

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:33 pm

@ Beserk: Not really, IMO writing fanfics is a good, because it expresses oneself, regardless if the entire forum is watch your every move or if the last family of rats moved out.

We could have some Predator-comedy, but since that they're very serious creatures, I think we would have to base the comedy around the Evangelion characters. I'm not saying Pred-Comedy is bad, I actually think that would be interesting to explore, but I do not know where to start.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:42 pm

Me neither. But, of course, as they say it, random stuff are always comedic and interesting. Do something random or whatever random stuff comes up to your mind. I'm thinking bees.
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:48 pm

Well, if we want a respectful fanfic, we should probably stay true to the characters. The Comedic stuff would have to stick with the Eva characters.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:09 am

Yeah. Sorry Beserk, I always imagined Predators serious-minded, ever-concentrating on THE HUNT, and events, ceremonies relating to THE HUNT, and nothing about bees in sight =\ sorry man...

EDIT: Defectron, I think that might be a good idea! I can definitely see a way to incorporate a human apprentice to a Predator in this, but we would have to discuss this a bit more thoroughly. Would you like to join us?

We could have a light Predator who jokes around sometimes, but gets shut up by the elder or something...random stuff may be too random, if ya know what I mean...like, there's a limit, and it's somewhere between you think you're too far up and everyone else thinks you're too far up.

Should we discuss this with PM's? because...I'm assuming that we all want this to be a surprise for our readers....to find our plot on another thread....hmm....well, it might be interesting to leave our plot out for everyone to see, and then they can see the product from it...I'm still mulling over this. I'm actually liking the idea of showing our plot here, and to start, I will show you guys my idea. Be warned, it is very long, as most of what I write is....

By the way, I made all of the Predator-names up as I typed them. Sorry...

Predator Storyline:

1. A young Predator listens to his Elder, Scy, speak of stories his father (recently decease Elder) told him when he was little, which were actually stories that were passed down from his great grandfather, telling him of a great war that enveloped across this galaxy, a war between God and man, wiping out entire systems, and that everyone is still lucky to be alive and to have found this planet, now called their Homeworld by many. The Young Predator is shocked, and asks why. The Elder "chuckles", and says

"Even though we are great warriors, we still need materials to live. The beings that our ancestors fought...they needed nothing. They were gods. What I am telling you, is to never regard anything sentient a permanent adversary or friend, alright?"

2. Fast-forward 400 years later to today, where the Young Predator, now a warrior, known as Silver, for his single dreadlock of silver-white hair, still remembers his Elder's teachings very well, and has collected a sizable amount of heads, but not as much as others....
Another Yautja, named Gen (translated?), is arrogant, boastful, but a remarkable warrior, holding the record number of heads collected within 100 years: (insert random number here) for 5 centuries, and believes that the Training Pyramid-Maze (see AVP) of old is outdated, and the Yautja of today require a new challenge. He and his arrogant friends steal a laboratory vessel (and keeps Silver from stopping them by stabbing three spears through his stomach into the wall of the spaceport) chock-full of facehuggers to crash-land on an island on Earth, believing that the natural boundaries will create an arena where he will beat his score in one year. They look at an overview of all the islands of Earth (this can be skipped), and one of Gen's friends, L'Tan, suggests Southeast Asia, because the climate is warmer there. Gen believes that makes it too easy, and chooses a larger island up north...Japan.

3. Back at the Yautja Homeworld, Silver, after tending to his minor wounds, reports to their clan's Elder, Tutona what they have done, but much to his surprise the Elder is taken aback at their ingenuity, and runs off to call a Great Assembly of all of the Tribe Elders, at The Stone Hall (much like the UN, I suppose). On the day of the Assembly (it takes 5 days for all of the Elders to travel to the Homeworld) Silver is walking with his Elder (the same in 1.) to the Assembly, who is now extremely old and frail, and requires to be lead in, much to his chagrin ("I'm not dead yet, alright?! Lemme go!"). They sit and watch in shock as Tutona and thousands of other Elders agree with him, and believe that the island of Japan itself should be their new training facility. Tutona contacts Gen during the summit and tells him that his crime will now be a competition: to beat Gen's score of (insert the same random number here) in three years. Thousands upon thousands of challengers erupt from outside of The Stone Hall, and break into the Assembly, creating a calcophony of Yautja shouting to be selected to follow Gen. Scy, who now commands great respect at The Stone Hall raises a hand to silent them, and reminds them of the danger on that ship.

"That ship, Omortson (hehehe!), is carrying queens. If that thing survives the crash...this, island of (reads) Ya'han, which...hmmm (his famous grunt when he is thinking, because it is reminiscent of a human's "hmmmm", which many find hilarious)...which has a bright future...(connects arm/computer with bead (think wireless USB) and shows short video of laughing Japanese people walking around in the metropolis of Tokyo (year 1995, so it's a little outdated) to audience via projector)...will have to bear a weight that we have proven to be only satisfactorily able to shoulder. I guess what an old Hish is trying to say is (means to say something else, but thinks better of it)...good hunting."
And the entire audience goes bonkers in cheering and roaring. Silver, surprised, thought his Elder was going senile, and (politely?) asks him

"Why did you do it? Why did you give them your blessing?"
(Scy:) "Because it will teach them something."
"Huh? What do you mean?"
(Scy:) "You, know, like a lesson?"
"Oh. -_-"

Human Storyline:

At NERV HQ, Aoba reads from Magi that a large unidentified object crash-landed in the mountainous area near Nagano (just sorta picked a random area on a map of Japan), and Major Katsuragi places the report under Secondary Significance as Hyuga reports the satellite detection of the Angel Sahaquiel...

This is the part where my story gets really tricky, and this is where I need everyone's input. Not that I don't want anyone's input on the Yautja Introduction, this is a work in progress. Anyways, what I'm basically asking you is, what should happen next?

Obviously, you may have better ideas (or shorter, XD) ideas than mine, and I would like to hear them as well, because it's not just me. I believe with us, what an idea from a single writer creates can be influenced, changed, and ultimately evolve into something better than originally discovered. So, Sachiel_13, Anti-Goth, if you're still with us, Beserk, NAvery, and (possibly) Defectron (?) I am in some need of restraint.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:31 am

Good work so far.
Yeah, let's keep it in PMs, what you just wrote can be the teaser chapter, or the preview.
- Sachi

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:16 am

Interesting...very interesting...

Excellent work, I'll PM you sooner or later about my ideas. :lol:
>>Nothing<<

Anti-Goth
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Anti-Goth » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:10 am

O HAI GUIZE WUTS GOIN ON IN DIS THREAD?

Sorry I wasn't with you...I have exams next week and a paper due on Friday. ><;;

If one of you could PM me with the ideas so far, that'd be good. I dunno about the apprentice idea; in a serious tone it'd be Asuka, but for comedic effect it'd be Shinji.

My TRULY brillant (LOL right) idea, though, was the xenomorphs somehow using one of the Evas as a big-ass incubator for multiple 'bursters/embryos. Just a brain fart I had, but Eva-born xenomorphs would be pretty damn cool.
"you ever had tempura ice cream
SHIT IS KAWAII UGUU AS FUCK, SON
AS FUCK" -damage

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:05 pm

EDIT: Defectron, I think that might be a good idea! I can definitely see a way to incorporate a human apprentice to a Predator in this, but we would have to discuss this a bit more thoroughly. Would you like to join us?

We could have a light Predator who jokes around sometimes, but gets shut up by the elder or something...random stuff may be too random, if ya know what I mean...like, there's a limit, and it's somewhere between you think you're too far up and everyone else thinks you're too far up.

Yeah sure I'm on board for this

But what would work better for predator comedy is a completely incompetant predator who takes himself too seriously rather then a jokester predator.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Return to “Fanfiction”