[LAEM] Just a few thoughts on Live Action Eva

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Merlin Ocelot
Embryo

Just a few thoughts on Live Action Eva

Postby Merlin Ocelot » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 pm

Hey guys! I'm new around here so I thought I'd post my first thoughts on Liva Action Eva:

A while ago I posted some post concerning Live Action Evangelion on IMDB. It was concerning the acting and actors to be chosen for the film:

"Ok... most of the people say that the actors/actresses that will be casted HAVE TO BE exactly 14 years old... euhm... most 14 year old cannot act very well! If you look at the first couple of Harry Potter movies the acting of the children is just bad... very very bad... but in the latest Harry Potter movie(s) their acting has become more and more natural... they act more "alive". a lot happens between the age of 14 and 17/18... So I think it would be better if they casted a little older actors and actresses.

And about the Asian and Western casting... I think that if the cast would be an all out Asian one, it just won't be much of a succes I think than if it would be a western cast. I wouldn't have problems with it if it had a western cast... I would however have a problem with a Asian cast... they just don't seem to... euh... fit very well with the characteristics in the story of the original series... I don't know guys but an Asian cast just doesn't feel right..."

Later I changed my mind and stated that a Live Action Eva should not be made:

"I agree that a Live Action Eva should not be made... Neon Genesis Evangelion plus End of Evangelion plus Death and Rebirth together with Rebuild of Evangelion are a perfect collection all together.... after Rebuild, no more Evangelion! A Live Aciton Eva would only change the story to make it fit in a live action movie.

BUT!!!! UNLESS!!!
They'd make a trilogy like they did with Lord of the Rings with movies that are about 3 hours long... man that would be sweet!!! I'd piss myself if that would be confirmed... The Evangelion Trilogy... about 9 hours of Live Action Eva drama, action, tension, character depth, good story, hopefully good acting and good effects!"

I began to dig in the psychological aspects of Evangelion and how it could be fitted in a Live Action movie... (this was a reply on someones post concerning the succes of Trandformers):

"Transformers is something totally different man... I mean, Anime have very VERY deep going story lines and have a very good moral. Heavy mind-raping stories and dialogs are what makes Anime so good... The whole "story" of the Transformers movie is silly (because Transformers is silly) compared to Evangelion...

I don;t mind of the special effects are a little less real than in Transformers as long as the story is good with a good undertone in to it. Unlike in Transformers, character depth is also VERY essential in Evangelion... Moral is what it is all about in Evangelion together with well developed characters and dialogs. Transformens will look like a b-movie (actually it is) if Live Action Eva is made properly!!!

If Battle Angel will make a good Live Action movie, being adopted by an Anime, with good drama, dialogs, effects, moral and character depth, than so will Live Action Eva... "

I think Live Action Evangelion will be a good movie if it will be a trilogy made of movie that are 3 hours or longer... otherwise it will fail to give all the info watcher need to understad the dark and deep undertones of the story. It would be lame if they'd change the story drasticly to let it fit in a Live Action movie. A good cast is also required... I agree that a Asian cast would be more realistic... but it wouldn't feel right (with me, that is). But, for example, Tokyo-3 shouldn't be renamed to New York-3 or something like that :wink: They could just make up some story that due to the Second Impact a lot of people seeked refuge in more safer countries like Japan (this would explain a Western cast)... who knows...

What do you guys think of the Live Action Evangelion movie? Any hope? Or only dispair?

P.S.: Who else thinks Clint Mansell should do the soundtrack of Live Action Eva? After I heard his score of The Fountain I was convinced that he should make the soundtrack! :D
"Death is the road to awe"

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:48 pm

A trilogy of 3 hours or more each would be hard to sit through for some people. What about a Quadrilogy of 2 1/2 hours each. That would be easier to watch and it adds an extra hour to the total. :wink:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:52 pm

Sachiel_13 wrote:What about a Quadrilogy of 2 1/2 hours each.

How about a tetralogy instead?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:57 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Sachiel_13 wrote:What about a Quadrilogy of 2 1/2 hours each.

How about a tetralogy instead?

THAT'S what it's called. It totally slipped my mind. Yes, a Tetralogy! :oops:
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”