Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:33 am

Then I rather read Ranma 1/2 or something of that sort, which it at the least has a proper plot.
I feel old

Stuffy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Stuffy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:11 pm

IrkenEvangelion wrote:Yes, but it's a good escape from the not so happy Evangelion.

Exactly. ^_^

The Bastard King
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:22 am

Mahou Sensei Negima is pretty badass. Magic, fighting, and insane fanservice crammed into every chapter.

I feel like I've said this before. Have I already posted in this thread?
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 am

Negima is alright. But it is kind of over complicated, but I guess that is part of its goodness.
I feel old

Lucretius
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:08 pm

My attitude towards Angelic Days is a lot like Asuka's attitude towards Shinji in the original series. I like it, but I'm disgusted with myself for liking it. Damn you, Angelic Days. You won't even hold me!

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

SeanTucker
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby SeanTucker » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:48 pm

ZapalacX wrote:YOTSUBATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an opportunity to buy Volume 1 of it at my school's "book fair" thingy today.

Then I realized that ADV Manga licensed it, and decided not to buy it.
Timstuff wrote:If you live in a Gainax production and are allergic to melons, I imagine you'd be sneezing a lot...

Oh wait, did you mean the fruit?

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:31 am

Blade of the Immortal, or Mugen no Juunin, is interesting... and the anime is out now. Lots of body parts and blood. Hehehe...
I feel old

Zaiku
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaiku » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:53 am

Lucretius wrote:My attitude towards Angelic Days is a lot like Asuka's attitude towards Shinji in the original series. I like it, but I'm disgusted with myself for liking it. Damn you, Angelic Days. You won't even hold me!

I've been wanting to get into Angelic Days, but I don't know where I can buy(download) it from.
For the love of everything... Watch this video: Give it 5 stars and leave a comment. Even, subscribe... Maybe? Well, I'd appreciate it. >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiBcbfvcE6c
"I did it for the lulz." ~Me: on everything

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:28 pm

Zaiku: Amazon.com or the Rightstuf International is your friend.

rightstuf.com: http://tinyurl.com/69lk9g < $32 bucks for the bundle of all 6 volumes :asuka_happy:

Amazon.com : http://tinyurl.com/5l7yfx Huh. Apparently Amazon is going to re-release Angelic Days in library binding format. I don't have any problems with the pages falling out of my copy or anything though...

And yes Angelic Days is nice; despite the sometimes shoddy art quality it's SO much better plot-wise than the nothing but fanservice Ikari Shinji RiAO Project manga. :yuck:

I think you have to play the game or at least read up about it here to get a better idea of what's going on though: http://evageeks.org/FGP/Girlfriend_of_Steel_2
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Zaiku
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaiku » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:12 am

^Thanks, and will do...
For the love of everything... Watch this video: Give it 5 stars and leave a comment. Even, subscribe... Maybe? Well, I'd appreciate it. >_>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiBcbfvcE6c
"I did it for the lulz." ~Me: on everything

dr.house
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby dr.house » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:40 pm

Azumanga Daioh was one of the first mangas that clicked with me and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a laugh. However, while Daioh was good at drawing me in right away, there was no manga, at least in my opinion, that held me, awed me, or immersed me as Chrono Crusade. The depth of the characters, the story, and the underlying messages attatched to me and have never let me go.
Tritter: You're rude.
House: Wow... you're like a detective or something.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:25 pm

And yes Angelic Days is nice; despite the sometimes shoddy art quality it's SO much better plot-wise than the nothing but fanservice Ikari Shinji RiAO Project manga. :yuck:

I liked raising project better from what I saw of it. I think one of the reasons I didnt like angelic days was that it tried to have a plot but didn't do a very good job at it. It just reads like a bad fanfiction which I hate. The raising project in that respect seemed to be a bit more honest since it didn't really have any pretentions about having a plot and also it was funnier. Though even with raising project I really didn't care for it enough to actually buy it.

The best parts were Kensuke somehow knowing about seele and Rei farting.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:55 pm

Im looking for romance/comedy with a dash of ecchi. I specifically like strange coulpes(guy and a alien girl, guy and a demon girl, guy and a girl that turns into a guy when she sneeezes. guy and ihs step sister, uy and his step mother, guy and his sister etc.) Id like it if the mangas are available on some website to read for free and preferably the manga is complete.
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Soljer13 wrote:Im looking for romance/comedy with a dash of ecchi. I specifically like strange coulpes(guy and a alien girl, guy and a demon girl, guy and a girl that turns into a guy when she sneeezes. guy and ihs step sister, uy and his step mother, guy and his sister etc.) Id like it if the mangas are available on some website to read for free and preferably the manga is complete.

To-love-ru basically ships the main character with every type of girl imaginable and is arguably one of the better harem mangas out there currently. It's not complete yet (no end in sight) but it does have 160 chapters up currently on Onemanga.

There's very little actual serious as hell romance stuff, but plenty of romance, crushes, ecchi shots and whatever.

Basically, every guy and girl combination you mentioned in your post, To-love-ru has it (seriously its all in there).
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

brainissues
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby brainissues » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Vagabond , Daydream , the first edition of blood
nietzsche is dead he has been killed by god XD

Cobra
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cobra » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Psycho Busters is one i would recomend to anyone, good story and introduction, fair ammount of plot twist and such, and all round a good series.
~------~can you hear the calling of the raving wind and water?~------~
we just keep dreaming of the land 'cross the river
we are always on the way to find the place we belong
wandering to no where, we're paddling
down the raging sea

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 pm

I just finished Negative Happy Chainsaw edge, holy crap that was good, I liked that manga almost as much as Alien 9, that's another one to add to my list of favorite mangas. Even though it was so short it was damned good.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Agentomega
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm

Psycho Busters and Future Diary are both pretty neat... Heh, I like a lot of things that involve manipulation of the timeline :P
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

Guyver Spawn
Donor
Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 pm

Bastard!! is a awesome manga worth checking out. It has amazing artwork (the later parts it is), very good characters, and some awesome action moments. The series starts off like a Dungeons & Dragons type anime, but it's later also focuses on aspects such as beliefs, morals and religions later on in the series.

You would be lucky enough to find it at a book store seeing I had to read vol's 1-10 on One manga sadly. So far Vol's 1-20 have been released in the USA from Viz.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm

D.Gray-man. it is the most awsome thing ever. its really hard to describe the plot without spoiling it or being to obscure, but i already have all 16 volumes that are out so far, and i plan to buy them all. if that dosn't sell it, i don't know what will.
on a side note, the anime sucks, don't watch it, it's just not something that can be turned properly into anime, its just too complex for that
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Return to “Anime and Manga”