Help with my plugsuit drawing

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Help with my plugsuit drawing

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:39 am

I have been wanting to draw my own imaginary character that I made up, and I was going to design a new kind of plugsuit similar to Asuka or Mari's plugsuit. I have been trying to find large, full body images of their plugsuits I could use for reference, but I have had no luck. is it possible to find a drawing of a plugsuit with no-one wearing it? (please do not give me a picture of Shinji's plugsuit from episode 20) can anyone please help me with this? By the way, I am thinking of calling my character Kana Ashigara. Following the eva last name tradition, her last name is taken from the name of a Japanese heavy cruiser called Ashigara.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

JimmyWolk
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby JimmyWolk » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Well, there's this shot from Ep.16:
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/101/plugsuit.jpg/]Image[/URL]
and backside from Ep.8:
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/plugsuit2.jpg/]Image[/URL]

Don't recall any full shots without on wearing it. I'm not sure if that's really the best reference anyway, unless you actually want to draw it without anyone wearing it. Otherwise I'd just recommend getting some regular pics of the pilots in suits. Those shouldn't be too hard to find.

Chowwow
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Help with my plugsuit drawing

•      
  •      

Postby Chowwow » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:26 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:By the way, I am thinking of calling my character Kana Ashigara. Following the eva last name tradition, her last name is taken from the name of a Japanese heavy cruiser called Ashigara.

Damn, you should have been here months ago! We've just finished a contest for making characters that fit into Eva, you could have entered! Still, I'd like to see what you've got when you're done.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Help with my plugsuit drawing

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 pm

View Original PostChowwow wrote:Damn, you should have been here months ago! We've just finished a contest for making characters that fit into Eva, you could have entered! Still, I'd like to see what you've got when you're done.

Oh well..... I can scan the pictures to my computer along with some of my pictures of Rei and EMK once I am done. I'm thinking of making the plugsuit dark blue, dark purple and some shade of red.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Return to “Fan Works”