RE-TAKE deserves its own anime. Why not?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

bap_120790
Adam

RE-TAKE deserves its own anime. Why not?

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:39 pm

Don't you think? It's such a beautifully written story. This is going to be a hit if it does get animated decently. I'm sure Anno's taken notice of its popularity. Perhaps he might, [he should], consider it after Rebuild. I suppose I'll be enjoying Evangelion's popularity for another decade.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:58 pm

copyrights would stop it cold :|
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:19 pm

If that were the case, that old crappy NGE hentai wouldn't have been made.

Copyright just isn't the same in Japan. That's why the doujinshi businses thrives so much.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Thamaker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Thamaker » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Even if it was animated, I don't think Anno would animate it, because ROE is proof that Anno still has something to tell us. It's proof that he will remain true to the original story and wouldn't change it just for the popularity of it.(imo)

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Lol, I just bumped the thread on Re-Take in the Fandom section, funny I should stumble on this here...

As for Re-Take getting animated or supported by Anno...Re-Take is Re-Take, nothing more. I am glad it exists, but I am also glad it is not an accepted part of the Eva canon. It DOES have it's fair share of issues, you know?
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

yokuchi
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby yokuchi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:55 pm

Thamaker wrote:<snip>ROE is proof that Anno still has something to tell us. It's proof that he will remain as true as possible to the original story, while still trying to tell us something new</snip>

Fix'd.
insert witty and offensive political banter here

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:09 pm

brainDamage wrote:It DOES have it's fair share of issues, you know?

Just like the Eva Canon!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:51 pm

Heck, i'd be perfectly fine with an animated Re-take, but I think that it just wouldn't be possible. For one thing it's too short a story. Second, it would need Anno's approval, and I've already speculated that Anno may be using ideas from Re-take in Rebuild anyway.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

bap_120790
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:05 pm

If he does use ideas from Re-take, then the fans would surely notice immediately, and I've yet to know if that's going to make them happy or not. Also, yeah, I agree with you that Re-take could be short for an anime, but I think it could last for about 6 eps like FLCL.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:08 pm

Actualy, yeah, I suppose that the 6-ep option could be viable.

What I meant by the "Anno using ideas from RE-take statement" was the current idea passing around the Rebuild might be part of a cyclic continuity.
Normality is overrated

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:16 pm

AAUGH, WE'RE NEVER GOING TO GET REBUILD ON DVD NOW!!!

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:20 pm

NAveryW wrote:AAUGH, WE'RE NEVER GOING TO GET REBUILD ON DVD NOW!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:35 pm

Anybody think that it wouldn't be possible because even if they did it in another country, or illegally, they wouldn't be able to get the same cast? That's what would be the worst part.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:19 pm

I'm with brainDamage on this one.

Also: All the Hentai would probably be cut, or it would be done in a sucky way (read: Without most of the seiyuu. I could imagine Ogata and Mitsuishi not having any problems with it*, but...), and the last we need is yet another shitty Evangelion hentai to add to the other 2**. (or 3, depending on your pov of the Asuka 3D one.)

*Mitsuishi was the voice of Ebichu in Ebichu minds the House while Ogata once made an interview comment (paraphrased) that she doesn't mind "doing sexy things if it's for her fans".

**The crappy HIP Hentai and that laughable Episode: Asuka thing.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:39 pm

I've never heard of "Episode: Asuka". O_o

/And I'm scared to look it up.

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:54 pm

I'd rather see an animated version of Azuma Kiyohiko's NGE doujins.

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:09 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:All the Hentai would probably be cut, or it would be done in a sucky way (read: Without most of the seiyuu. I could imagine Ogata and Mitsuishi not having any problems with it*, but...), and the last we need is yet another shitty Evangelion hentai to add to the other 2**. (or 3, depending on your pov of the Asuka 3D one.

Agreed.

IF there just had to be an animated Re-Take, here is my two cents on the sex: I thought that the Misato/Kaji sex scene in Eva was tastefully done (well, at least compared to Re-Take.) If you could just have the mere suggestion of sex in an animated Re-Take, I still think the plot would hold just fine.

Side Note: The thing I really would want to see in an animated Re-Take would be Rei dumping that can of red pain on her hair to look like Asuka. It would look cool as hell and uber creepy...
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:37 am

brainDamage wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:All the Hentai would probably be cut, or it would be done in a sucky way (read: Without most of the seiyuu. I could imagine Ogata and Mitsuishi not having any problems with it*, but...), and the last we need is yet another shitty Evangelion hentai to add to the other 2**. (or 3, depending on your pov of the Asuka 3D one.

Agreed.

IF there just had to be an animated Re-Take, here is my two cents on the sex: I thought that the Misato/Kaji sex scene in Eva was tastefully done (well, at least compared to Re-Take.) If you could just have the mere suggestion of sex in an animated Re-Take, I still think the plot would hold just fine.

Side Note: The thing I really would want to see in an animated Re-Take would be Rei dumping that can of red pain on her hair to look like Asuka. It would look cool as hell and uber creepy...

I agree with Everything said here.

I'd rather see an animated version of Azuma Kiyohiko's NGE doujins.

I have not heard of these. Please enlighten me.
Normality is overrated

bap_120790
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:13 am

First, the hentai must surely be cut. Second, it must be explicitly stated that this is not Canon. Third, Anno should give his thumbs up. Fourth, if it were to be, this must be kept short [about 6 eps]. Fifth, it would certainly help having the cast [as much as possible] assist.

If all of these are present, I think Re-take could actually have its own show [that I think it's deserving of]. However, maybe you guys could still add some more. I'm surprised this turned out to be a rather linear discussion. I mean, I thought more of you would dislike the idea. Anyway, the closure of this topic should be soon enough.

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:15 pm

BobBQ wrote:I'd rather see an animated version of Azuma Kiyohiko's NGE doujins.

WHAT!!! WHERE!!!
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

Return to “Fan Works”