Asuka's birthday animation project.

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Asuka's birthday animation project.

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:39 am

Hi everybody.
I may start by introducing my self. My online name is Zeak.
Best known from the transport tycoon fourms site where I make mods for a game called Locomotion.

Im from Australia and Recently Discovered Neon Genesis Evangelion.

I have become an adict trying to crack the story behind it all and beleave I have worked most of the story out. Have got and played both GFOS games and now waiting for Rebuild also have the NERV parking permit on my car (lol).

Ok In my research I have found a little part of the story I think was missed in the months between September 2015 and January 2016.

This event takes place on the 4th of December and is Asuka's 14 birthday,

Where do I come into this. Well I have some experience with animation and wrote out a script for a set of events around this day involving Rei, Hikari, Shinji, Misato and of corse Asuka.

What I want to know is If I plan to animate this I would like to also have a bunch of voice castings to play each of the characters. below is a post of the script. Im open to sugestions and willing to accept any help and advice.

It is based Purely on what I think happened around this time. The script is not final as of yet.

I plan to Animate this when compleated.

The following takes place during episode 22 I place the day of the battle on Asuka's birthday. December 4 2015

Asuka's birthday

Date December 3 2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shinji and Rei are Standing on the platform waiting for the train to come
unaware that Asuka is on the platform behind them.

Asuka: That Idiot Shinji's Eva Just Swollowed him for a whole month. And now he's acting
like nothing ever happened. Ok so I lossed this time, that dosent change the
fact the your the...

(Asukas words are cut off by the passing train)

Shinji: Tomorow is Asukas birthday. I dont know what to do for her.
Rei: What do you mean Ikari? I dont understand.
Shinji: Understand what?
Rei: What you would do for someone for their birthday.
Shinji: I want to make her feel happy because its a special day for her.

(Shinji smiles and express train passes on the platform behind them)

Rei: So why would you want to make the second happy for being another year
older?

(Shinji now sits next to Rei)

Shinji: Your jokeing right? Have you been given anything on your birthday or
praised?
Rei: I... Dont have one.
Shinji: You dont have what? A birthday?
Rei: Yes, I dont have one Ikari.
Shinji: What... you do have one. everybody does. I bet you dont know it because of father.
Some one must know?
Rei: (starting to blush) does it matter Ikari, it has never bothered me before.

(The train pulls into the station and Shinji and Rei are interupted. Asuka has been
watching them from the track behind them, she is starting to get upset with Rei)

Asuka: (under her breath) That Bitch.

(The train pulls away from the station. Shinji stands next to Rei as she takes a seate.

Rei: Ikari what are you going to do then for the second?
Shinji: I dont know. What would you get for someone you find special?
Rei: (looks at Shinji and Blushes, he doesnt notice as Rei's station is getting close) I...
Dont know Ikari. What would one give to another to show how they feel?
Shinji: I was thinking about a card but I dont know what she will think.
Rei: Try being nice to her tonight and maby you can think of something.

(The train arives at Rei's station Rei Leaves. Hikari Bordes the Train)

Shinji: Oh hay Hikari Hi.
Hikari: Shinji hello how is Asuka.
Shinji: She is ok I guess. But not that good after the last battle, and she is getting worse and
worse every day.
Hikari: Oh. Tomorow is her Birthday isnt it?
Shinji: Yes. I dont know what to get her I asked Rei and she did'nt know.
Hikary: You like her dont you Shinji?
Shinji: (blushes) Well... I... Ahhh... Yeah... I do...
Hikari: (looks at Shinji, looks at her feet then back at Shinji. She brings her bag up on her lap
And shuffles over a tad and Invites Shinji to sit down.)
I want to show you something Ikari. Do you remember this day? (Hikari pulls a Photo
out of her bag of Shinji and Asuka, The photo from Re-take.)
Shinji: This is the photo that Kenske took of us in that first week. (Shinji's eyes grow heavy).
I just want to make her happy but she wont tell me anything all she does is push me away,
even when we (utteres under his breth) kissed...
Hikari: When you what? I didnt catch that last part Shinji.
Shinji: (looks away) It doesent matter.
Hicari: She likes you Shinji as much as it dosent seem that way. She does. Take the Photo that
Will start you off.
Shinji: (looks back at Hikari) Thankyou.

(The train arrives at Shinji's station he gets off.)

Hicari: (thinking to herself) I wonder what he ment by "even when we..."?

(Later on that night at home Asuka is just finishing talking to her Stepmother in Germany)

Shinji: Wow Asuka, you to where on the phone quite a while.
Asuka: Well its just a routine communication.
Shinji: I wish I talked to my family.
Asuka: Its Totly over rated and its all just for show. She's not my real mum any way.
Shinji: Ha?
Asuka: Its not like I hate her or anything. ah I just feel like... AND WHY IN THE HELL AM I TELLING
ALL THIS TO YOU!
Shinji: Im sorry.
Asuka: Ha. Ive realy hit rock bottom when I get simpathy from a loser like you.

(Asuka Storms off to her room. Misato puts the beer back down on the Table and Shinji takes
His meal over to the microwave to be re heated then sits back down).

Shinji: I dont understand Misato what am I doing wrong? All I want to do is make her happy yet
I cant get through to her but when I do she goes nuts.
Misato: Did you rember about tomorow Shinji?
Shinji: Yes Im still stuck for Ideas all I have is this.

(Shinji shows Misato the Photo, both of them un aware Asuka is listening)

Misato: I dont ever recall seeing this anywhere. Its an impressive shot, it should do fine.

(Now just prior to the bath scean)

Asuka: Tomorow, December 4.
A day I hate,
A day I regret,

Date December 4 2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------
(At the end of the fight when Asuka is in the taped off area)

Shinji: Hay Asuka...um glad you ok
Asuka: SHUT UP! WHO THE HELL IS OK. HOW COULD IT GET ANY WORSE.
THAT LITTLE BITCH. THAT LITTLE BITCH Rei RESCUED ME. DON"T
YOU KNOW THAT ID RATHER HAVE DIED. I HATE HER. I HATE YOU
Shinji. I HATE EVERYTHING.

Shinji: Asuka...
Asuka: What!
Shinji: I wanted to say this to you bef...
Asuka: WHAT!!!
Shinji: Happy Birthday Asuka.
Asuka: (Now Crying) WHATS THERE TO BE HAPPY ABOUT. YOURE AN ASS HOLE!
FUCK OFF!!!!

(Shinji drops the photograph and turns around and runs. The wind catches the photo on the way down
and lands next to Asuka. She looks up at the Image now lying dirty and on the ground. She picks it
up and holds it close to her heart. She now begins to cry even more than before. After seeing all
Those images of him and not being shown affection from him, this one act of kindness from the thrid
child makes her think about her first kiss. The cover up after and the way she felt. Unwanted).
Last edited by Zeak on Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:45 am

Oh wow, what a depressing ending. That didn't go where I expected. Anyway, it's not too bad. At times some of the dialogue is awkward, or not natural to the characters. I think some of the more experienced, long-time viewers around the forum may be able to help a bit with that. After a couple of drafts, this could be really good.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:51 am

Thankyou I was hopeing for something along the lines of that. I agree its hard to come up with a story that fits into that time though and I have spent many hours in this. Im realy looking forward to animating it to if all goes well.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Well, firstly, welcome to the board! Any fan of RE-take is a friend of mine.

I just wanted to express my interest in the voice acting offer. It's always been a bit of an interest of mine, especially for evangelion, but I simply haven't had the means or knowledge to do it. I may need a bit of a tutorial in this regard :oops: However, if everything did manage to work out, I would love to play the part of Shinji.

Secondly, a little hint for the story of the script. To me, it doesn't seem that Shinji as a person would be aware of things such as Asuka's birthday. Maybe he could overhear Misato going over a progress report or something?

Anyway, once again, welcome, and I hope to be of service! :D
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Hmm I was thinking about opening it with Shinji saing to Rei "Misato said tomorow is Shinji's birthday" but I may need to back track a tad. Thanks for the offer im going to start work on the storyboard today anyway.

Thanks for the offer Ill get back to you on this as it is still early days but sounds good people are jumping on.
Writer and Lead animator of Cold Heart
webpage

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Zeak, how good are your art skills? This sounds like a really aggressive plan.

I would love to contribute though. I don't have an art degree, but I took some classes in college and I draw a lot of Eva related stuff. I will try to post some in the fan art thread soon.

I do, however, have a writing degree, and I write a lot of fiction. I've never done an Eva fanfic, mainly because I like to come up with 100% original concepts.

Anyway, sounds like some good times ahead.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Thankyou Well I have done some work with flash Good enough to do basic animation like this (ill post some screens of my drawings).
This is an Image I redrew from GOS1 of Shinji when I first started playing around with the idea of animation.
This is an Image I redrew from GOS1 of The robot in the city. If you look at the original you can tell the difference.

Well here is page 1 - 3 of what I have done so far sorto comic like and Just slapped togethere.
Page 0
Page 1
Page 2
Page 3
Last edited by Zeak on Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
webpage

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:12 pm

brainDamage wrote:I do, however, have a writing degree, and I write a lot of fiction. I've never done an Eva fanfic, mainly because I like to come up with 100% original concepts.

An admirable attitude.

Hey, tracing isn't drawing!
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Tokpile Quohog
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes
Marquis Tokpile de Boîtes

•      
  •      

Postby Tokpile Quohog » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:15 pm

Kaysow wrote:Hey, tracing isn't drawing!

But it is good hand practice.
TheEvaMonkey: I HATE BEING A FAT CHICK

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Tokpile Quohog wrote:
Kaysow wrote:Hey, tracing isn't drawing!

But it is good hand practice.

I can think of other ways to give your hand practice *nudge, nudge* *wink, wink*
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:18 pm

Yes but there is enough of each person to create a decent scean and for the little animation there is needed to be Im able to do it. I have done many projects like this before but not as detailed. the main focal point is the characters. backgrounds are easy to do as motion same with little movements.

Any help would be aperitated. Exept with that BrikHaus Im able to find many ways lol.

Here is one picture I have done im going to use (no background as of yet)
This is in part 2.
webpage

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:52 am

That IS decent, actually. I expected worse =)

If I had to be in on a project like this, I'd dedicate my efforts to one of my own ideas. But if you get this whole thing going, who knows. It might be fun.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:48 am

Impressive
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:50 am

Now we have an image of Rei sitting at the station looking at Shinji. Well that is what its going to be used for anyway.

Im glad you dont think there too bad. the only thing I realy have trouble doing is backgrounds but I have ways of getting around them. Im starting the animation on the first part which involves the original footage of Asuka on the platform then into the new stuff. If there are any sugestions to change the script I would like to here them. I think I have it correct appart from Shinji not knowing about Asukas birthday but I need a way to let him know.

But still things look good so far.
webpage

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:00 am

Oh! Nice one, I myself have started to animate this little sketch about Rei and her love of beards since around a week ago, so it'll be good to have some competition to motivate me. Thing is when I did an animation course at this place called seevic we didn't spend as much time on classical animation as I would have liked, so it has been an interesting learning experience so far!

If you want some help with splicing together the different audio tracks and so on then post in the audio commentary thread in this forum, as they have experience doing that.

This project of yours is much more ambitious than mine looking over it! Edit: Hang on, are you just reusing/tracing from the animation already in the show to make this? That's a shame.

Zeak
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Zeak » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:54 am

Ok now one final post before I call it a night. This next image is in part 4 and has by far been the hardest to draw as there is no image like it in Evangelion. So here is Asuka sitting in self pitty looking at the photograph.
webpage

bap_120790
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Hey, Zeak. That's some plan you got. I hope you could pull it off. Your art style is good and it doesn't give the viewer much of an art shock. The story's written well already, though I think you might revise it a bit more

brainDamage
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby brainDamage » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Zugzwang wrote:This project of yours is much more ambitious than mine looking over it! Edit: Hang on, are you just reusing/tracing from the animation already in the show to make this? That's a shame.

What's your project about? Is there a thread on it? Sorry for being uninformed :wink:

Also, I couldn't agree more on the sentiment about tracing. You know, when I draw Eva stuff, sometimes it ends up having my own little stylistic devices to it. That's because my hand isn't the same hand as Sadamoto's. That's also why Sadamoto's characters look a little different than some of the EvaTV ones. Hell, even within the TV series, you can tell the difference in who was currently employed in the drawing. Asuka in the episode "The Day Tokyo 3 Stood Still" almost looks like she was drawn from an older style of animation, almost earlier 90's or late 80's style. If a project like Zeak's or anyone else on this board is to be done, it should be original, and if it has a certain flavor in animation style or character design, all the better, it makes it more ours and less some base exercise in fanart.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:09 pm

Indeed. The chracters of Eva can be depicted in many different styles withought looking too alien. In Rebuild, they have their own look, in the manga, they have their own look, and in Re-Take, they have their own look. They're all the same, but different, if you know what I mean. That's the same thing that you should aim for.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:56 pm

I think this is a great idea and would love to help out! (Though currently I'm pretty busy...) I'd like to give voice-acting a shot. *shrugs* (I'm a girl, by the way.)

First off, Asuka's Birthday in December is actually her turning 15, not 14.
I like the idea of her birthday happening around the 15th Angel's attack, I wrote an Angst fic awhile back where her birthday happened after that.

While the characterization/spelling&grammar need some work, I think this is awesome overall.

Just one question: Are you going to end it so angsty since it's during the depression part of the series? I think making it a little happy at some part would be good, but that's just my two cents.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Return to “Fan Works”