Warehouse parrallels

A forum for discussion of other Gainax works, people belonging or related to Gainax and the non-Eva projects they've worked on, media that reference or have distinct parallels to Eva, etc.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:25 pm

Dave wrote:
Olin of Xephon wrote:And everything about Christianity (or Judaism) remind me of Evangelion now.

Oh my God! Anno has reconditioned my mind!

Welcome to the club. I can't even read the bible without thinking, "...so where's Tabris?".

I think all the active users here are like that. lol. Why else would we be on here at least 3 x a week!
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:59 am

Dark FireStar wrote:How did you froget that part? Its like one of the biggest bible quotes in the....... bible!

oh well in the bible the quote it's not exactly like this..and when i hear or read this quote i don't think "oh let's think about it in english"..
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:47 am

ded for accuracy. We all know this Hexon, but some songs seem to have more in common with Evangelion than others.

It takes a lot to upset me, but DON'T CHANGE MY FUCKING WORDS EVER.

And while that's true, I say this because this particular example does little to really exemplify that. It's all a matter of perception.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Tabris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Tabris » Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:24 pm

Dave Matthews Band do indeed rock.

On the subject of songs that remind me of Eva, Chris Cornell's Steel Rain reminds me very much of EoE, not just in terms of lyrics, but in the melancholy and disconcerting melody too.

And so we start another day together
You and I and a million miles between us
I train my moods to bloom like flowers unfolding
Instead of fluttering around
And slowly drowning in the
Steel rain, it’s taking over.

The sky is open and the drones are pouring out
The day inhales in a contagious yawn
And there you smile as though the sun
Were bouncing in the

Here in our little world, the tiny world spins for me
All’s well in the tilted world, but there’s something
Falling down in the

There's something reminiscent in it of Shinji's apathy/hopelessness, the inevitable process of TI (I'm visualising the 'drones' being the MP Evas, etc.), and maybe I'm just wired on caffeine right now. I can only say listen to it, and perhaps you'll see what I mean.

Return to “Related Works & People”