[LAEM] What part would you audition for?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

What part would you audition for?

Postby Dark FireStar » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:24 pm

Me personaly I'd go for Toji.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:39 pm

I seriously doubt that my acting skills are anything but abysmal, thus I would go for one of the V-Tol pilots. IE: I'd get one line, than die a horrible, flaming death.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:58 pm

I would be one of the nameless Nerv agents, or one of the numerous jssdf agents. No real acting involved, but you could say you are in the movie. That is if I could get past the whole cameras steal your soul issue I've got.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby coff » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:19 pm

I'd be one of the fat guys.

Nephilim
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Nephilim » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:51 pm

I'd go for Kaji, i have long hair !!! :lol:
and i am so sexy... 8) the best triple agent you can find :P
*insert cool signature here*

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Ayanami » Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:12 pm

I'd want to be someone in Shinji's class. Not anything gi-nourmous, but not something too terribly insignificant.
Close your eyes and listen hard

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:02 pm

I wonder if they will hold aductions tho? On second thought i want to be the teacher of Shinji/Asuka/Rei's class. Im 16 but they can make me look 79 cant they. lol.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:33 am

Asuka..because i have blue eyes,brown-red hair,nice body and i would love to say "anta-baka" all the time.. 8)
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:56 am

Shinji if i could manage...
and if not...then touji, though i have no sports skills...so that might not work...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:21 pm

If I were a bit more muscular and 6 or so years younger, I would try Touji. I have his facial features, especially the manga version of him.

However the only character I'm close to in age is Hyuuga, who is something like 22.

Yeah, I could yell out various analyses at the top of my lungs. And if I'm lucky, I'll get to mack with Misato for a glorious fraction of a second in EOE.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

Postby MongolSquad » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:29 pm

I'd go for Shinji.....Even though I'm 16....I look a little younger, and I think I relate most to Shinji.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:19 pm

i dont think the age is a problem...what is a problem is your appearance...for example if you look like you are 13 no one cares if you are actually 18 or 20... besides ceratin people...
and do you think they would hold any auditions anytime soon?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:11 pm

Who knows how casting will go. Sometimes a casting director propositions people they feel would be good for a part, and if they're interested, they do a screen test or a reading for the part. Sometimes the actor's agent will go out and try to secure an audition. But in general, its not just a matter of showing up if you want to take a stab at it. You have to have an agent and some degree of credit to your name.

ADV Films has always been very open with their auditioning process, anyone can schedule an audition provided they can walk through the doors, make an appointment, and return at that date. However I doubt that ADV's casting policies will have much impact on the movie's casting.

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:01 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Who knows how casting will go. Sometimes a casting director propositions people they feel would be good for a part, and if they're interested, they do a screen test or a reading for the part. Sometimes the actor's agent will go out and try to secure an audition. But in general, its not just a matter of showing up if you want to take a stab at it. You have to have an agent and some degree of credit to your name.

ADV Films has always been very open with their auditioning process, anyone can schedule an audition provided they can walk through the doors, make an appointment, and return at that date. However I doubt that ADV's casting policies will have much impact on the movie's casting.

Is it the same with VO actors? Where can I go if so ?

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:18 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:And if I'm lucky, I'll get to mack with Misato for a glorious fraction of a second in EOE.

Going to set a redo record for that scene Monkey? :wink:

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:42 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Is it the same with VO actors? Where can I go if so ?

They're referred to as "VAs" (Voice Actors). And yes, that's what I was referring to. ADV Films has always had a very open door policy when it comes to voice talent.

Sometimes they cast people with no acting experience or roles to their name.

If my memory serves me correctly, Carol Amerson, who voiced Hikari Horaki in the TV series was a Houston radio DJ looking to pick up some extra cash. Gaijin Productions couldn't track her down when they did D&R and EOE, hence why she was replaced by Amy Seeley.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:50 pm

Hikari had lines in End of Evangelion? Did I miss something?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:06 pm

perhaps there was a part when Asuka looked at her memories? or rather when Shinji looked in his memories? i would think that any footage of hikari would have been in D&R

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Dave wrote:Hikari had lines in End of Evangelion? Did I miss something?

When Gaijin productions did D&R and EOE, which was a single production, they were unable to track down Carol Amerson to reprise her role as Hikari Horaki. I never said she had lines in End of Eva. They worked on both films concurrently. They went through a single casting process.

And I was wrong on the names. Carol Amerson was replaced by Kimberly Yates as the role of Hikari Horaki. Amy Seeley replaced Kendra Benham as Maya Ibuki.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:25 am

Sometimes they cast people with no acting experience or roles to their name.

All of life's questions have just been answered.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”