Episodes without subtitles?

For Eva-related fan projects: fanfiction, fanart, AMVs, and other creations. Share your work and discuss others' here.

Moderator: Board Staff

Fallen
Embryo

Episodes without subtitles?

•      
  •      

Postby Fallen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:04 am

Either raw or dubbed. Where can I get them? Can I get them? I want to make an AMV, but could't find anything without subtitles T-T, Or, do you know how to download stuff at 6stage? In that case, I could get them from there, I guess.

I hope this is the right board. And it feels kinda weird that my first thread ever is a request.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:14 am

depends. What do you have now? My files let me turn subtitles on and off when i want.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

ThroneofDravaris
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThroneofDravaris » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:21 am

The easiest way, and the best way to ensue that your footage is of a decent quality, would to be to just rip them from the DVDs yourself. There is a guide somewhere on animemusicvideos.org that explains how in great detail.
BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Fallen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fallen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:49 pm

slothen
depends. What do you have now? My files let me turn subtitles on and off when i want.

I have the episodes with subtitles (downloaded. But if someone realise them over here, I would buy them instead), and both of the first films without, but I can't turn 'em off, neither in Mediaplayer nor VLC.

ThroneofDravaris
The easiest way, and the best way to ensue that your footage is of a decent quality, would to be to just rip them from the DVDs yourself. There is a guide somewhere on animemusicvideos.org that explains how in great detail.

I'm Swedish. Even if I did import the DVD's from the US, my DVD would't be able to read them.

Thanks anyway, both of you.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:59 pm

Fallen wrote:I can't turn 'em off, neither in Mediaplayer nor VLC.

Hardsubs, can't be switched off, as they're part of the image stream.

Fallen wrote:I'm Swedish. Even if I did import the DVD's from the US, my DVD would't be able to read them.

1) Japan is also Region 2 -- you could get the Rebuild disks
2) So is the UK -- you could get ADVs Platinum remuxed for PAL European release
3) Or, as you are using VLC, you could read Region 1 disks with that -- it bypasses the firmware and decrypts the VOB files directly.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:12 pm

I suppose you'll just need to find a torrent of a softsubbed version of Platinum. So you'll probably want file formats of ogm, mp4, or mkv.

Fallen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fallen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 pm

Mr. Tines -
Yeah, I guess. Have no idea. But to import would still cost a lot, and I'm -kinda- broke. But if you know some place I could get 'em cheap, please tell. I'm off to e-bay.

And if I by DVD's, I would like to be able to watch them on DVD too. I don't think I would import stuff from US to make one or two AMVs. Everything in Sweden is a lot cheaper then over the seas. Thanks!

EDIT: Neon Genesis Evangelion DVD Boxed Set Anime - 50$. That's 'bout what I survive on.

EDIT 2: Sorry, I most have overlooked your post in some weird way, Ornette. Yeah, I'll be searching! <3

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:51 pm

Case closed 8)
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Return to “Fan Works”