[LAEM] As Asuka Langley

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

bap_120790
Adam

As Asuka Langley

Postby bap_120790 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:14 am

sorry to separate from the main thread 'pick your cast', but here's a suggestion I've read about:

Karoline Herfurth, a red head german actress, as Asuka. She's quite gorgeous. But that's what I thinK. how about you? what do you think and do you have other suggestions?

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:02 pm

Effin' granny, that one.

I saw either a trailer or a TV spot for a movie over the weekend that, damn it all, I can't remember what it was for. But it had a young redheaded girl who immediately caught my attention as a possible Asuka candidate. That mental note is literally all I remember about it. Gaaahhh, if I could only recall the title...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:20 pm

What Google came up with:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Karoline+Herfurth&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

....She looks way too old. >_<

If not for that, then I'd say she'd be prefect in terms of physical looks.

@ Hexon: Unless I'm tripping, I thought a saw a commercial recently with a red-headed girl that'd be perfect as Asuka, too.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:47 pm

I have to agree with Hexon and SSD

but she would likely be a candidate if LAE were to EVAR happen
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

bap_120790
Adam

Postby bap_120790 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:42 pm

I saw either a trailer or a TV spot for a movie over the weekend that, damn it all, I can't remember what it was for. But it had a young redheaded girl who immediately caught my attention as a possible Asuka candidate. That mental note is literally all I remember about it. Gaaahhh, if I could only recall the title...

that sounds really interesting, hopefully that trailer would show again : ))

Anyway, I'd have to agree with you guys about her looking too old in the pictures we saw from google, even if she's only 22 i think. maybe if lar were to happen, at least they'd make the candidate look 14

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:57 pm

ADV has repeatedly stated that the actors will be age appropriate. So they will be 13-16. No older, no younger.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: As Asuka Langley

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:34 pm

bap_120790 wrote:Karoline Herfurth, a red head german actress

Too old....
I'd still hit it.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:16 am

Oh yeah.

It was The Golden Compass. The kid's name is Dakota Richards. I dunno about her talents; this is her first big thing. Oh, and shey's Bri'esh.

_get some help

V
Banned

Postby V » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:19 am

Step 1 - they pick a director

Step 2 - pre-production work immediately begins

Step 3 - they pick 13-14 year old cast members

Step 4 - cast adults based on how well they work with the children

Step 5 -rapidly film 3-4 major motion pictures before the children age too fast

Step 6 - post-production CGI/special effects work (plus many scenes which didn't involve the kids)

Step 7 - Sweep the Oscars.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Wevangeliwon » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:43 am

Nah, she looks far too old. If she was younger, most probably she would be my number one pick with character matching looks. But no, she looks too old to play Asuka.

bap_120790
Adam

Postby bap_120790 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:46 am

It was The Golden Compass. The kid's name is Dakota Richards. I dunno about her talents; this is her first big thing. Oh, and shey's Bri'esh.

wow. she seems a lot better than the one i suggested, she's 13, which is much nearer to Asuka's age than 20+, and she would probably look like her with the right props. although she's a little short if Asuka's 5'5-or 6" i think.

i saw one of her pics at a fansite called http://dakota.skyefairy.net

so, how about her?

Fin.de.Siecle
Embryo

Postby Fin.de.Siecle » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:57 pm

I've seen Michelle Trachtenberg suggested as Asuka before.

If she were younger, I would think that Stacey Farber -- who portrayed Ellie Nash (a teenage girl with some issues) on Degrassi: The Next Generation -- might be decent for the part. Not that I watch Degrassi. Like I've said, she's a bit too old now. I think she's around twentyish now.

The trouble with thinking of actors or actresses is that kids between twelve and sixteen are always either tarted up to made to look older or dressed up to look younger.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:54 pm

Raven Symone.

(runs)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hexon.Arq » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:23 pm

chee wrote:Raven Symone.

(runs)

As Zeruel, maybe.

_get some help

brainDamage
Lilith

Postby brainDamage » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:21 pm

Anyone see the movie Juno? I think Ellen Page (20yrs old) really looks like she is younger, might be a good candidate.
"You don't know your own mind." -Jonathan Swift, Polite Conversation, 1738

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:54 pm

nah, Neither Dakota Richards or that Juno chick would really cut it for me. but hey, im not a fan of Cosplays AT ALL. it has to be REALLY FUCKING GOOD to get any respect from me.
anywayz, Asuka is kinda more perky then either of them. but the Juno chcik would be a better choice
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Shiro » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:31 am

Like I said...it won't be someone 20. They will be 13-16. Only. Period. ADV Films has stated this many times.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:07 am

Then again, ADV Films still hasn't even named a director though they were "supposed to" over a year ago. :roll:

My guess is the big holdup now is Webuild.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:09 pm

My guess is the holdup is a lack of money and interest.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:14 am

They should just get Anno to direct it
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”