What was your most insane reaction after watching eva?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

iloveallecchianime
Embryo

What was your most insane reaction after watching eva?

•      
  •      

Postby iloveallecchianime » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:17 am

*Mods delete this if already posted* -Sorry-

After you watched the series and movie what was your reaction? did you go insane for a year? what did you do?

After I watched the movie (I was 13yo now im 20yo) I continued to watch it about 3 times a day (At night) for a week or more and sometimes I would sit (This is in cold winter) on the tramoline with just a sheet and cry.....another time I sat in my front lawn trying to calm myself from the thought of I am the only real person in existance and wondering if im god.....I thought I would not be able to live anymore.....I would also fantasize about being with Shinji and all them....That was the main reason I would hysterically cry cause they didnt exist....so I tried to make myself beleive they were real and my friends (I dont have friends).....I would print their pics (in black & white) post it in my wall around my wall scroll of Asuka and write weird saying in the pics, then take pictures of the pics and cry while laughing rubbing the pics talking to them.....I never really saw any other anime till about 2 years ago when I started watching a lot of anime....I still have a very special place for Eva and would die if that meant I could live in the anime.....Im really mindfucked from it....

I did have a GF (From 1/3/2001 till 2/17/2001) so mabey this is why she dumped me...oh I threatend to kill her afterwards XDXD
Your kingdom may be great, BUT I HAVE ALL YOUR ANIME!!!

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

Re: WHAT WAS your most insane reaction after watching eva

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:24 am

"I must learn more", that's pretty much the gist of it. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

Re: WHAT WAS your most insane reaction after watching eva

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:29 am

iloveallecchianime wrote:I did have a GF (From 1/3/2001 till 2/17/2001) so mabey this is why she dumped me...oh I threatend to kill her afterwards XDXD

Aren't you a thoughtful boyfriend :wink:?

For both, I felt like this a fantastic Anime series and it make me think deeply about the world. For specifics:

Anyway, my initial reaction after watching EoTV was just an overwhemling sense of happiness and thought it was not nearly as bad as some people made it out to be.

As for EoE, I felt dissapointed. Yes, it was a fantastic movie, but I just felt as soon as Asuka said that last line, I thought as soon as the screen went to black . . . 'that's it? what happens after' etc. etc. Not nearly as thoughtful as EoTV. But I still think it a fantastic movie . . . I just wish it didn't finish on that note.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:37 am

Well, there was a similar thread yielded by the Search function:

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=418

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:10 am

iloveallecchianime wrote: WHAT WAS your most insane reaction after watching eva

It depressed the hell outta me for the longest time (insane when you consider it's just a cartoon), but that's about it.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:47 am

It made me do lots of strange artwork, write strange things, and be a fan for at least seven years.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

fadingreminder
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby fadingreminder » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:08 pm

First time I watched EoE was a crappy bootleg copy, I sat in silence for about 5 minutes after the ~fin~, then proceeded to weep uncontrollably for a few hours. Then watched it again.

My uncle, who was living with me at the time, watched it with me, then picked up his cigarettes and left and didn't come back for 3 days, in which he then demanded we watch it again.

I recently let a friend of mine watch it, she had only seen a few episodes of the series but demanded to see how it ends, so after arguing about how she should watch the first part and losing, I gave in and let her watch it. After it finished she started swearing uncontrollably about "stupid fucking anime!" and "faggot ass shit!" and stormed out.

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:27 pm

I started to pace around my room, pulled at my hair, paced around again, drank some tea, jumped up and down cursing, laughed maniaclly (um, like I usually do), and strated punching the wall, and then... well... I started playing my piano and violin.
I feel old

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:32 pm

My reaction after watching the whole damned thing in one night?

"Bit of a downer ending there, what?"

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:37 pm

I sat in my front lawn trying to calm myself from the thought of I am the only real person in existance and wondering if im god.....I thought I would not be able to live anymore.....I would also fantasize about being with Shinji and all them....That was the main reason I would hysterically cry cause they didnt exist....

Damn....you wanted to be with Shinji after watching it? I wanted to go into the eva world to beat him up around the end of the series but I don't think I've ever wanted to be with him. Wouldn't mind being with Misato though!

Actually if the theory that an infinite amount of parrallell world exist is correct, inevitibly there must exist a world in which Shinji is in fact real. You should be able to derive some comfort fromt hat thought.

Well the most extreme reaction I had was after watching the whole series and movie at once. After I did that I hallucinated a white hand towel on the towel rack in the bathroom that didn't actually exist when I went to go take a shower. Yeah see I saw that towel there on the towel rack, then I turned away and it was gone! Yeah that was pretty hard core...guess this means there's also a world where that towel exists as well. Maybe I caught a glimpse of it...

One of my freinds could myteriously gangster rap after that marathon, and he couldnt do this previously, but then a few years later he lost the ability to do that again.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Evangelion completly blew my 14yo mind
I had much of the "must learn more" attitude
It also made me think twice about all of my beliefs
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:38 pm

If you didn't react in the sorts of ways people have described, then chances are you won't be on this forum. My lady wife watched the series and then EoE with me, but just shrugged it off, while I was in a blank "WTF!?" state.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Semisubtle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Semisubtle » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:08 pm

My FIRST time watching Eva was a crappy EoE bootleg... I figured "movie" would mean some sort of stand-alone plot that would get me into the series. I was twelve at the time, and had done pretty much zero research on it (I thought Rei and Asuka were the main characters XD).

It freaked me the fuck out.

I waited a year, then realized why NONE of it had made sense, and bought the series. My mind was blown for the second time for the same series, and I couldn't watch it for a long time after I had finished everything. Had to let it sink in, I guess.

Basically, I was speechless by the end. You see all that and simply CAN'T react. Experiencing Eva has been different than any other anime for me, and movies for that matter as well.

Sceleris
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Sceleris » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:08 pm

When I watched Evangelion for the first time (I was 14), I gained self-confidence, self-worth. (Getting self-esteem through a cartoon? Now that's an insane reaction!)

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:16 pm

Sceleris wrote:When I watched Evangelion for the first time (I was 14), I gained self-confidence, self-worth. (Getting self-esteem through a cartoon? Now that's an insane reaction!)
The weirdest thing is I felt the same way.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:45 pm

OP takes the cake.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:22 pm

My reactions to both endings (since I watched series first (DC eps of course) then Death then EoE):

EoTV: "I like it, but WTF did I just watch?"

EoE: "Again, I like it, but seriously W.T.F. did I just watch?!"

And with both endings I was met with a warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that things would be alright.

It also left me with well the urge to start writing fanfiction and join a certian forum to figure out the stuff I didn't get... ;) ("Um...so WTF happened with 3I? What's the deal with Seele being so insane? What's up with the Angels' objectives? And Shinji was ALONE for awhile before Asuka returned?!")
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:39 pm

When I first watched the series, I loved it, but I never really was in a total daze. Some things affected me though, but not like EoE. I flat out told no one to bug me while I was watching EoE. My brother came home right around the beginning of 26', and I flat out told him to go away until it was over. When I was done, I simply walked around in a daze, unable to shrug it completely off.

And is it wrong that since recently, I've actually felt more depressed than before? Might just be my current circumstances piss me off a ton with or without NGE, but I've actually found myself doing the Shinji hand thing from the train ride in one episode. Dunno why. Although, things are really in perspective for me now. Shows you just how blessed you are to live the life you have, and you learn a little something about...well...people. Anno sure as hell nailed the human psyche dead on.
Last edited by Shiro on Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:41 pm

I think the problem is that if you ARE the depressed-type already, Eva will give you that type of reaction somewhere down the line...

Or...you could actually feel slightly better about life instead, which happened with me.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 pm

Well, I dunno. I don't really think it's having to do with Eva at all, but I'm really not appreciative of something that's going on right now, and it's most likely what's making me feel like this...probably coincidence. I've never been the depressed type at ALL though.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”