For birdy -- Yuri anime (keep it TASTEFUL)

Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

birdyofthemoongoddess
Arael
Arael

For birdy -- Yuri anime (keep it TASTEFUL)

•      
  •      

Postby birdyofthemoongoddess » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:04 am

BobBQ wrote:
birdyofthemoongoddess wrote:So I like Shinji/Kaworu and Maya Ibuki/Ritsuko

The latter pairing doesn't get nearly enough love, says I.

Oh? That's too bad. I think that it's good to have some lesbianism in regular anime. ... Okay, Eva isn't regular anime... nevermind...
Birdy is a girl.
hannah's handprints.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:34 am

birdyofthemoongoddess wrote:I think that it's good to have some lesbianism in regular anime.

So do I, but I've come to realize that the only way I'm ever likely to see it done in a way I truly like - barring a miracle like Iono-sama Fanatics being animated - is if I write it myself.

(Wanders back to F&P, where something of that sort is supposed to be in progress.)

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:22 pm

There has been a lot more implied and not so subtle lesbianism in regular anime in recent years

Maria-sama ga miteru -- girls school drama with very strong subtext, and Sei is nigh-canon lesbian (fansubs only 3 series)

Kasimasi ~ Girl meets Girl -- A boy is turned into a girl by accident, and ends up deciding which of two other girls should be vis girlfriend. Yuri kisses in the first ninety seconds of episode 1 -- US release 2 disks out of 3 already out

Strawberry Panic -- girls school drama with girls ending up in bed together, just not H material -- US licensed

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha -- Very heavy sub-text : Nanoha's first reaction to the rival magical girl she meets is to remark on her beautiful hair and sad eyes, and to admit she has strange feelings about her. By the third season, they are sharing a bed and bringing up a daughter together -- first 2 seasons in Geneon licensing limbo.

Simoun -- everyone is born female, and chooses sex at adulthood. Yuri tongue wrestling is needed to activate their flying machines; and appears in close-up in the OP sequence. Includes one canon yuri->yaoi couple. US DVD release starting 13-Nov

Blue Drop -- Lesbian aliens want our women (currently airing)
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Don't forget Chizuru from Bleach, when it comes to Inoue she's rather forward.
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:37 pm

One series I recommend is Yami to Boushi to Hon no Tabibito. While based on an H-game and rather confusing on first viewing, it is relatively light on fanservice and has some very definite yuri interactions. Currently fansubbed.

While a lot of people hype Kannazuki no Miko as the best yuri series evar, I frankly think you should stay away from it unless you like plots based on painfully contorted logic and - here be spoilers - seeing Girl A rape Girl B, who she professes to love, because of said contorted logic. Currently in Geneon limbo, along with my beloved BL.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:44 pm

I tend to class Yami-bou as one of the anime with schlicking scenes (along with Serial Experiments Lain and Gankutsuou).

Mention of KnM (an anime which I've not bothered looking out, because the impression I get is that it's only being recommended because it has lesbians, which is not enough reason to watch anything) also reminds me of Mai-HiMe and spin-offs, which seem to be in much the same category (at least to my tastes).

Also remembered Noir, which has strong subtext (and one "w00t!" incident in the last couple of episodes :twisted: ).
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:54 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Simoun -- everyone is born female, and chooses sex at adulthood. Yuri tongue wrestling is needed to activate their flying machines; and appears in close-up in the OP sequence. Includes one canon yuri->yaoi couple. US DVD release starting 13-Nov

This is a good one. Although if you're specifically looking for yuri, you might be a bit disappointed because even though there are a ton of yuri couples, the relationships are realized very slowly, and are a sort of idealized romance, with little in the way of hot girl-on-girl action. Even so, its still really good.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:59 pm

slothen wrote:the relationships are realized very slowly, and are a sort of idealized romance,

and the incestuous lesbian rape takes place off-camera in flashback.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:13 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
slothen wrote:the relationships are realized very slowly, and are a sort of idealized romance,

and the incestuous lesbian rape takes place off-camera in flashback.

yeah, plus the other rape is never fully realized. Still, I thought the first one was partially consensual?
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Sailor Moon.

Also, I swear I've played an H-Game or two based on the exact idea found in Kasimasi ~ Girl meets Girl.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Squiggy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Squiggy » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:43 pm

.Hack//Sign
Don't like Eva?

What's the matter, too DEEP for you?

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:45 pm

Squiggy wrote:.Hack//Sign

damn, how couldve i have missed that
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:48 pm

Noir
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:31 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Noir
Tines already said that :P
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:38 pm

Mahou Sensei Negima gives the not-so-subtle hints that Setsuna has the hots for Konoka every few chapters or so.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:05 am

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:Noir
Tines already said that :P

A show with so much lesbianism needs to be mentioned twice. ;)
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

birdyofthemoongoddess
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby birdyofthemoongoddess » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:14 am

Mr. Tines wrote:Maria-sama ga miteru

Yes, I've heard of this one before. I thought it looked a bit interesting.

Mr. Tines wrote:Kasimasi ~ Girl meets Girl

Kasimasi!! ;p Read a good review for this on ANN. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/ ... /sub.dvd-1
I thought it looked cute. My sort of strange story.

Mr. Tines wrote:Simoun

Hmm... Interesting. I like the idea. I shall place it on my list of anime I must watch!! :)

Kaminoyouni wrote:Don't forget Chizuru from Bleach, when it comes to Inoue she's rather forward.

I despise Orihime...

Squiggy wrote:.Hack//Sign

Already watched it all. Somehow... with my sister... My eldest, anime-hating sister actually watched .hack//SIGN with me... It was quite interesting. I don't she exactly thought of it as yuri though.

With Mahou Sensei Negima... I'd rather watch the new one... just plain Negima.

Noir, I shall look into it. I've seen some clips and I know there is a song I like from it. Also, I have a friend who was obsessed with it for a bit at one time.

Oh, and I know that Azumangadaiyou has a character who likes one of the other girls. I need to watch the rest of that... I shall place that on my list as well.

Thank you everyone!! :)
Birdy is a girl.
hannah's handprints.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:50 am

Hentai? That's lesbian, we all know that for sure. 8)
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:06 am

Pure yuri hentai is pretty thin on the ground. It usually degenerates into hetero or futanari.

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:12 am

Ewwwww....you can really be disgusting when you want to be. Disgusting...hmm...too basic a word...sordid would be a good replacement. :lol: Anyway, were we just talking about Hentai? Or naked Rei's breasts or naked Misato etc?
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Return to “Anime and Manga”