BLEACH (not the laundry cleaner)

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:43 pm

Before You Post

Spoilers from the Anime=OK :D
Spoilers from the Manga= Pissed off TriLink :evil:

Any other Bleach Fans out there?

I started watching a couple of months ago myself, and I haven't been able to get enough of it since then. Frankly, I think it's the best fighting anime to come along since Dragonball/Dragonball Z (notice how I left out GT). Momo Hinamori is a goddess among Kaworu fans. Hollow Ichigo is the coolest thing to come along in anime since Gattsu (Guts from Berserk). And Inoue's breasts are just the right size.

Discuss.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:51 pm

i've been into bleach for some time now(i'm actually caught up in both anime & manga). i'm a fan of Hitsugaya(suprising a more minor character is the second most popular in the whole series). although i'm not a of Hinamori(she a lot like hinata and shinobu).
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:08 pm

You won't have to worry about manga spoilers soon enough. The anime's catching up rather fast to where the manga is right now.
Last edited by The Bastard King on Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:09 pm

I couldn't bare to sit through a 200+ ep series with subtitles, so I've been waiting for the DVD releases - which is actually starting this Monday! Manga Ent.'s first volume of Bleach here in UK & Ireland has the first 20 episodes and I absolutely cannot wait to get stuck in!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:06 pm

The first season was amazing. The second season was even more tedious and repetitive than any episode of Dragonball Z. I quit watching around episode 40 or so.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:24 pm

also if any wants, i know a few sites where can get/view, all current chapters of Bleach's manga
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:35 pm

Sorry for the double post, but i was just reading through the wiki of Bleach characters, I come to the female Arrancar Halibel, i look to her Seiyū and see she's voiced by Megumi Ogata-Sama!
Proud Member of F.A.P.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:04 pm

I watch it, but I can't shake the feeling of how similar it is to Yu Yu Hakusho.

Also, something of Bleach and Naruto (starts towards the end near 5:35).

CitizenGeek wrote:I couldn't bare to sit through a 200+ ep series with subtitles, so I've been waiting for the DVD releases -

200? It's still in 140's, but do you mean you're waiting for the dubs? 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:46 pm

<sarcasm>our favorite eng dub voice actor from evangelion voices hanatoro </sarcasm>
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

King_Panther13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby King_Panther13 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:53 pm

I used to love it....now it's just way too generic, and the story is horribly stupid. It takes an entire episode to do something that I can explain within five minutes....I think it died along with the Soul Society Arc. I love the idea to it, but the story is just...bleh. I think the movie will be good, once I get around to watching it.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:21 pm

I really, really like Bleach. But I don't love it anywhere close to Eva or even Bebop. It has a great premise and there are some wonderful moments. The problem is it drifted so far away from where it started as it became more action-oriented that the story and character development suffered as a result. You end up having to skip through so many ENTIRE episodes because of all the action "filler".

@ My biggest admirer on this forum

Rangiku Matsumoto has the hottest you-know-whats, so there! :P

What? I'm a red-blooded Western male, I can't help myself!
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

The Bastard King
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby The Bastard King » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:30 pm

I personally think that the Bounto arc is one of the most well-executed anime filler arcs I've seen in a while.
16:26 <BastardKing> KICK REASON TO THE CURB
16:26 <Fuyutsuki> BastardKing fires the kick cannon and it EXPLODES IN HIS FACE

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:31 pm

I think Bleach is a lame piece of crap.

How did anyone even stay awake during Soul Society? I watched till the Aizen twist and then stopped. Must have been injecting myself with caffene or something...
Last edited by Trigger's Elysium on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 pm

The Bastard King wrote:I personally think that the Bounto arc is one of the most well-executed anime filler arcs I've seen in a while.
ha ha WIN :o
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:40 pm

This is a fun anime but anything that goes past 52 eps is to long for my tast
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:45 pm

This was another one of those shows where I caught two episodes, had only the vaguest of ideas as to what was going on ('cause they must not have been early episodes), and never returned to it. Based on my first impressions, I doubt I will anytime soon.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:05 pm

EvaCub wrote:<sarcasm>our favorite eng dub voice actor from evangelion voices hanatoro </sarcasm>

Yeah, I noticed that a couple of weeks ago myself. Not that I listen to the dub too much nowadays anyway, but Japanese Hanataro is 10x better.

Trigger's wrote:I think Bleach is a lame piece of crap.

Trigger's Elysium everybody.

Da Bastard King wrote:I personally think that the Bounto arc is one of the most well-executed anime filler arcs I've seen in a while.

Meh, it didn't really do too much for me, though it did have it's moments (namely Hollow Ichigo's reemergence). Kariya was just too generic a bad guy for my tastes.

HaL wrote:You end up having to skip through so many ENTIRE episodes because of all the action "filler".

QFT

You can pretty much skip everything from episode 60 to 95 or so in my opinion.

Rangiku Matsumoto has the hottest you-know-whats, so there!

BUT THEY LEAVE NOTHING TO THE IMAGINATION MAN! WHERE IS YOUR SENSE OF MYSTERY?!
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:10 am

EvaCub wrote:<sarcasm>our favorite eng dub voice actor from evangelion voices hanatoro </sarcasm>

Actually, one of my favorite eng dub VA's is the one who did Ichigo, as he also did...

As to Matsumoto (and Innou's for that matter), "exaggerated mamaries", I find it's one of the qualities of the show that disgusts me, the sexual innuendo about it is so glaring that it's hard to take the characters themselves seriously during serious moments, I also find things like that to be just damn unnattractive anyway...

... but perhaps that's because I'm a dog, where my concern is with the tail, not the "chest"... long silky tails... smooth with no split ends.... wagging back and forth, back and forth... :D
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:22 am

Alaska Slim wrote:200? It's still in 140's, but do you mean you're waiting for the dubs? 8)

Oh well, I'm probably just confusing it's episode count with Naruto or One Piece, then. Yeah, I'm waiting for the dub, I really find anime to be much more enjoyable dubbed and Johnny Yong Bosch is usually awesome, so I've high hopes for the Bleach dub.

I really do like Shoenen Jump! I watched the first 40 eps of Naruto on TV and loved it, Claymore is fantastic and I enjoyed the first 10 or so eps of One Piece that I watched. I prefer anime that's more mentally simulating, but shoenen jump stuff is great too!
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:55 am

CitizenGeek wrote:
Alaska Slim wrote:200? It's still in 140's, but do you mean you're waiting for the dubs? 8)

Oh well, I'm probably just confusing it's episode count with Naruto or One Piece, then. Yeah, I'm waiting for the dub, I really find anime to be much more enjoyable dubbed and Johnny Yong Bosch is usually awesome, so I've high hopes for the Bleach dub.

I catch a bit of the english dub on Adult Swim from time to time, unfortunately, for me at least, it kind of highlights the dumber aspects of the series, sort of how it's "okay" to see a Japanese person talk and act this way, but for someone who sounds like myself or at least comes from somewhere here in the west... it was same with Gundam Wing.
( which was absurd no matter what language I was hearing it in, at least in the Japanese dub I didn't have to deal with how Relena, in the English one, screeched Heero's name each time she called out for him, though either way I still wished he had just killed her when he had the chance... damn you Duo for stopping him... and for not doing it yourself when she berrated you for "chasing him away"). 8)

Return to “Anime and Manga”