[LAEM] Matt Greenfingers

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Matt Greenfingers

Postby chee » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:47 pm

split from the MPAA Rating thread

CitizenGeek wrote:I like Matt Greenfield.

They're going to kill you for saying something positive about Matt Greenfield. RUN, CITIZENGEEK, RUN!! [/only halfway joking]

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:49 pm

chee wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:I like Matt Greenfield.

They're going to kill you for saying something positive about Matt Greenfield. RUN, CITIZENGEEK, RUN!! [/only halfway joking]

*Big Panda comes out of the shadows and catches CitizenGeek like A NINJA*
- HAL..gWarf..
- Shhhhhhh.
*Panda laces CitizenGeek*
- HEY EVERYONE! HE'S HERE! START THE FIRE!
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:59 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:I like Matt Greenfield. He done more than a good enough job on the dub, seems to have a genuine interest in Evangelion's "deeper" meaning. Both him and his wife seem to be very fond and very passionate about Eva ... isn't that better than dragging in someone who's never even heard of Evangelion before, forcing them to watch it a few times and then giving them the job?

*Cat42 is trying to restrain himself*

"Dammit dammit"
"Dammit dammit"

*Move has failed!*

He looped goddamn Grant's lines 5 GODDAMN TIMES because, he claims, "GAINAX told him too, as the scene was too confusing".
Bullfuckingshit!

This is not the only instance of Greenfield's failure.

Matt Greenfield is full of himself, believes he created Eva, and Grant has a worse Asuka complex than some fap-boys out there.

*Cat42 tries to not imagine the two of them having sex while she wears her plug suit.*

"Oh god no"
"Oh god no"

*Move has failed!*
*Cat42 goes to burn the image out of his brain.*
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:45 pm

I still remember Greenfield trying to say Aum Shinrikyo's sarin attack was one of the main basis' for Evangelion at a con I went to. And his big relationship with Anno was he was friends with a guy who knew Anno becuase they were both model train otaku. If you ever see the guy in real life speak at a con it is almost impossible to like him afterwards. He really does give off the impression that he is the mastermind behind Evangelion over here. (Unfortunately Grant was with him too. She didn't answer one question and let Matt do almost all the talking. The only thing she really said was she hated Shinji and then she left the room when Monica Rial (Sp?) showed up.)
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:41 pm

Greenfield does love Evangelion and has an interest in its deeper meaning; I certainly give him that. What annoys me is that he gets so many things about it completely wrong and lays them out as though they were the truth. Some examples are the meaning of the phrase "Human Instrumentality Project", his erroneous translation of the series' title ("First Book of the New Gospel" instead of "Gospel of the New Beginning"), and his insistence that I like other men.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:34 pm

NAveryW wrote:and his insistence that I like other men.

Well, don't you? I mean, there's Kaworu, Dumbledore, and NAvery.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:52 pm

cat42 wrote:*Cat42 tries to not imagine the two of them having sex while she wears her plug suit.*

That image is at the same time disturbing, horrifyingly plausible, and weirdly hilarious for reasons I can't fully explain.

It would make for great German expressionist cinema.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:22 pm

cat42 wrote:*Cat42 tries to not imagine the two of them having sex while she wears her plug suit.*

Matt Greenfield boning Tiffany Grant in a crotchless red plug-suit is probably the greatest thing anybody has ever thought of. It's probably already been on THAT BOARD by now, or if not, it soon will be.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:38 pm

I watched the tour of her Asuka room. I know she has a plug suit. I hope to god it's not crotchless...
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:09 pm

Mrs. Grant apparently made an appearance on THAT BOARD. I wished I saved those threads. Can't remember what exactly she said about Matt Greenfield, in response to some of the criticism from some of the posts concerning both her and Matt.

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby Kaminoyouni » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:14 pm

Ornette wrote:Mrs. Grant apparently made an appearance on THAT BOARD. I wished I saved those threads. Can't remember what exactly she said about Matt Greenfield, in response to some of the criticism from some of the posts concerning both her and Matt.
they really tore her apart didn't they?
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:23 pm

I can't even imagine the insults they probably hurled at her.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:39 pm

It was pretty bad at first, nobody believed it was her. EM even emailed her and confirmed it. Then it got a little better (but not much) and she left. Personally, I think there's a fuzzy line that should be avoided if you want to be taken seriously. It's fine to criticize someone's work, but personal attacks on someone because of a work is just infantile. ("Grant's Asuka is retarded" as opposed to "Grant is a retard") I know most of what gets posted on THAT BOARD isn't very serious to begin with, but the insults did get to the point where Tiffany Grant actually came there to straighten things out (it was hard to believe it was really her).

AuthenticM
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby AuthenticM » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:34 pm

When did this happen?
In my case, I refuse to go easy on the ignorant, regardless of degree. Hitler was ignorant. Joshua C. Whatshisface is ignorant. To me, they're in the same category of ignorant and stupid people who should have been left in some isolated corner of the world where they couldn't bother anyone. --The Eva Monkey

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:36 pm

Not that long ago, sometime over the summer I'd say. I guess I can check the image archive.

Looks like probably between May 28 to June 3rd, that's when a bunch of Tiffany Grant/Matt Greenfield images got posted.

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:46 pm

the ultimate goal is to work WITH the ADV people, not against them.

Essentially there are 2 courses of action:

1 - Sit around in messageboards arguing amongst each other, simply reacting to mistakes/errors made by the translation team, nothing "proactive", inevitably to complain about the next set of DVDs.

2 - Actively build the ultimate guide to Evangelion, become involved with the English voice cast folks, show them our *totally free* guide to Eva and use it as an instructional tool....thus actively affecting the quality of the next set of Eva stuff.

Lord of the Rings, for example, went with "actively make incredibly accurate, pre-existing fan-made free comprehensive guides to the entire thing, then become involved with the people actually making it, pointing out errors they make, and thus use it as a reference guide (i.e. so many people wrote in that "Frodo actively shoving Gollum into the Crack of Doom makes no sense and is in effect murdering him", that they were influenced (upon seeing the godawful temp footage) to reshoot it to be back in keeping with the books, and "Fate" kills Gollum.

We're not living in the age of 10 or even 5 years ago, when online fan groups had little influence over how major franchise works are produced.

Or, put more simply:

It's "Fandom: The Fifth Estate", bitches!
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought "THAT BOARD" as you call it was little more than a hentai fanart posting, and not a "messageboard" per se....
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 am

V wrote:Ok, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought "THAT BOARD" as you call it was little more than a hentai fanart posting, and not a "messageboard" per se....

It's as much as a message board as 4chan is. More specifically, I guess it's called an "image board". It's not a message board the same way a forum is. And I don't even know who they are, since most people there are "Anonymous".

As far as the criticism goes:
me wrote:Personally, I think there's a fuzzy line that should be avoided if you want to be taken seriously. It's fine to criticize someone's work, but personal attacks on someone because of a work is just infantile.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:18 am

V wrote:1 - Sit around in messageboards arguing amongst each other, simply reacting to mistakes/errors made by the translation team, nothing "proactive", inevitably to complain about the next set of DVDs.

Sounds good to me!

2 - Actively build the ultimate guide to Evangelion, become involved with the English voice cast folks, show them our *totally free* guide to Eva and use it as an instructional tool....thus actively affecting the quality of the next set of Eva stuff.

Seeing as how that thing is by invite only, 99% of fans will be excluded, and they will have to resort to option 1 instead.

Besides, I don't want Matt Greenfield getting ideas from the Eva Wiki, anyway. I'd rather have the Live Action Movie be all about how Shamshel looks like a penis.
Awesomely Shitty

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:34 am

You know what? Greenfingers LAEM Unit-01 is going to be a penis. A big purple penis. And the less said about the entry plug the better.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”