Eva 00's insides *spoilers*

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

shogo monster [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shogo monster [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Who's soul is in Eva 00, can any one tell me? Personally I think its Dr. Akagi.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 10:09 GMT

Shin-seiki [ANF]
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:18 pm

shogo monster wrote:Who's soul is in Eva 00, can any one tell me? Personally I think its Dr. Akagi.

Read me.
It's not Naoko Akagi. That 'theory' doesn't stand up to any serious scrutiny at all...

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 11:15 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:18 pm

shogo monster wrote:Who's soul is in Eva 00, can any one tell me? Personally I think its Dr. Akagi.

Why? It contradicts everything else.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 12:45 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:18 pm

For the record, I remember a time when it was accepted on this board that Naoko's soul was in EVA 00. It makes sense if you don't look at it too deeply.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 17:34 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:18 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:For the record, I remember a time when it was accepted on this board that Naoko's soul was in EVA 00.

That was back in the days where I'd just joined. A long time ago now.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 17:43 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:That was back in the days where I'd just joined. A long time ago now.

Yeah, I only have vague recolection of those days... it was cool that Zharth was here though Image

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 17:50 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Flesh and blood, just like you and me.

Oh, wait, you're just talking about the soul? In that case, listen to Shin-seiki and friends. Rei-001 is what Anno intended, even though, in many ways, I don't think it makes sense.

Granted, Naoko makes even less sense, but it's still fun to pretend.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 22:13 GMT

Gundampilotspaz [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Gundampilotspaz [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

I believed for a long time that it was Naoko Akagi. But now I do think its Rei. But I still don't really accept it 100%. I have not seen enough information to comform who's soul is in Unit 00. But for now I believe it is Rei more the Naoko Akagi.

Originally posted on: 18-Jan-2004, 23:41 GMT

Siendra [ANF]
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Siendra [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:For the record, I remember a time when it was accepted on this board that Naoko's soul was in EVA 00. It makes sense if you don't look at it too deeply.

I don't remember that and I was here before you...

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 06:17 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

siendra wrote:I don't remember that and I was here before you...

I recall the big push against that belief happened in Summer 2002, as I recall thinking about certain aspects of it at my summer job then Image

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 08:48 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

siendra wrote:I don't remember that and I was here before you...

You very likely may have still been here before me, but remember Kakarotto? That was me. Image

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 21:23 GMT

Sharp-kun [ANF]
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Sharp-kun [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

NakedEYE666 wrote:You very likely may have still been here before me, but remember Kakarotto? That was me. Image

Your kidding right?

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 21:25 GMT

MDWigs [ANF]
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MDWigs [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Sharp-kun wrote:I recall the big push against that belief happened in Summer 2002, as I recall thinking about certain aspects of it at my summer job then Image

I did a quick search and found This Thread on Animeboards from August 2001. I remember talking about it before that though on Japan.anime.evangelion and the like. When I first got into Internet Eva fandom the Naoko theory was like a plague, it was everywhere, so much so that I almost bought into it at once stage thinking, "Well if everyone says it, it must be true!" (I was young, give me a break Image). It's really good to see that most of the established Eva fan communities have pushed out this idea now (this thread is a perfect example). Once upon a time it would have been the complete opposite, someone asks who Eva-00's soul is, and everyone would reply "Naoko!".

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 22:07 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

And now anyone who claims that Naoko is in EVA-00 is just asking for a good flogging... Save for at the regrettably n00bish communities, anyway where it continues to be accepted as fact.

It still boggles my mind why Anno decided to go with the neat, concise mother-child relationship for EVA-01/Shinji and EVA-02/Asuka and a... who-the-hell-knows-what for EVA-00 and Rei. Something still feels fundamentally, desperately illogical about it all.

Originally posted on: 20-Jan-2004, 23:59 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:19 pm

Reichu wrote:It still boggles my mind why Anno decided to go with the neat, concise mother-child relationship for EVA-01/Shinji and EVA-02/Asuka and a... who-the-hell-knows-what for EVA-00 and Rei. Something still feels fundamentally, desperately illogical about it all.

What really kills me is the whole soul copying theory. That alone renders the whole show pointless. That why I go with the Soul schism theory.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:35 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

tv33 wrote:What really kills me is the whole soul copying theory. That alone renders the whole show pointless. That why I go with the Soul schism theory.

Well, "soul copying" need not be applied where Rei is involved... Remember Shin-seiki's thread about how Lilith, Rei, and everything weird about them can be explained with quantum physics? Image

"Soul schism" might be on the right track with Kyoko... though I hate to think that the soul in EVA-02 is somehow incomplete. :bawling:

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 01:58 GMT

NakedEYE666 [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby NakedEYE666 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Reichu wrote:"Soul schism" might be on the right track with Kyoko... though I hate to think that the soul in EVA-02 is somehow incomplete. :bawling:

Yeah, though, could that not explain why the soul in 02 is so dormant? Eva 01 & 00 imposed their own will multiple times during the series, but Eva 00 was never really able to do that, and Kyoko only made her presence known at the end. I always assumed it was because she didn't want to be that way, but that could also explain it in a way. (Or maybe I'm way off)

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 02:09 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Reichu wrote:Well, "soul copying" need not be applied where Rei is involved... Remember Shin-seiki's thread about how Lilith, Rei, and everything weird about them can be explained with quantum physics? Image

Ay yes, pure genius. That is the best damn theory I have ever heard regarding the subject. Its rather nicely ties us all the louse ends in my opinion. It forgot about that as I was writing my last post, thinking only of more traditional theories.

I wish to correct my last statement by saying "Thats why I support the Shin-seiki quantum mechanics theory"

Reichu wrote:"Soul schism" might be on the right track with Kyoko... though I hate to think that the soul in EVA-02 is somehow incomplete. :bawling:

I assumed after she ceased to be the rest of her soul join back to its other part in Unit-02. What evidence do I have to support this? None at all. Image.

Well, except for the fact that Rei-02 soul was reused after she died, and implanted to Rei-03. My guess is that it was collected somehow by Nerv (You know, futuristic technology and such)

It ties into the quantum mechanics, Im sure.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 02:10 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

tv33 wrote:Ay yes, pure genius. That is the best damn theory I have ever heard regarding the subject. Its rather nicely ties us all the louse ends in my opinion.

For some reason, I always laugh like a maniac whenever you type "louse" instead of "loose".

I assumed after she ceased to be the rest of her soul join back to its other part in Unit-02. What evidence do I have to support this? None at all. Image.

No matter -- I'd prefer to think that's what ended up happening, myself.

Well, except for the fact that Rei-02 soul was reused after she died, and implanted to Rei-03. My guess is that it was collected somehow by Nerv (You know, futuristic technology and such)

The difference there is that Rei-002's soul was transferred directly from a dead body to a new one. Remember, in NGE, your soul hangs around in your body after you die. (Makes me wonder what happens if one's body is disintegrated or some such thing.)

NakedEYE666 wrote:I always assumed it was because she didn't want to be that way, but that could also explain it in a way. (Or maybe I'm way off)

No, I agree. Kyoko most certainly wasn't interested in leaving her Lilim life to besoul an Eva, but for whatever reason EVA-02 "swallowed her soul" all the same. (Presumably Kyoko's resistence to the Contact caused whatever "schism" might have occurred.) At least she, apparently, accepted her new self shortly before she died a second time. :bawling:

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 02:18 GMT

tv33 [ANF]
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby tv33 [ANF] » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:20 pm

Reichu wrote:For some reason, I always laugh like a maniac whenever you type "louse" instead of "loose".

Reichu wrote:The difference there is that Rei-002's soul was transferred directly from a dead body to a new one. Remember, in NGE, your soul hangs around in your body after you die. (Makes me wonder what happens if one's body is disintegrated or some such thing.)

I mean under the schism theory (I don't think it much works under the quantum mechanics theory) After Unit-00 went kaa-boom that half of it soul might have returned to its second half (Rei), that might also account for Rei's shift in personality from Rei-02 to Rei-03.

I don't know if I much like that theory (I don't support it), but eh.....

You have to consider these things from all angles.

Originally posted on: 21-Jan-2004, 02:25 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”