Behavioral logic of LCL

Notable old Evangelion threads from the AnimeNation Forums are preserved here.

Moderators: Monk Ed, Ornette

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RahOtaku [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Yui can override any command. But she didn't.

The fact that Eva-01 can move without any power, proves that in the end electronics can't explain anything.

Because the first question is, "If Eva is controlled by electronics, how does it move without electricity?"

Originally posted on: 19-Jun-2004, 19:11 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Yeh she didn't but that doesn't mean it was her who did it.

It moves without electronics cause it is "Berserk"

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 02:18 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

It moves without electronics cause it is "Berserk"

berserk? Being berserk means what? That the soul has control of the Eva? and provides for the Energy?

When berserk Eva-01 has more energy than it ever had while plugged in. Clearly electricity has nothing to do with the power of it's AT-field.

When Eva-01 goes berserk and has no electricity, how does the LCL remain gaseous?

When Eva-01 goes berserk and Splits Zereul's Arms like a paper shredder, what powers the AT-field?

It's absolutely not electronics or human science.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 04:16 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Have you forgotten that this is an anime? A science fiction anime, no less.

The Eva needs an Umbilical Cable or Batteries. The soul energy doesn't run the Eva or else they wouldn't have internal batteries. These internal batteries are made obvious durring a launch and Hyuga says "Internal Batteries fully charges.

The LCL change doesn't neccessarily have to do with electricity. The Eva's computer can recieve a command and introduce a catalyst to the LCL that causes the LCL to change form.

The AT Field comes from the soul. The soul needs a body (a working body) to project it. You have to remember that the Evas are as much cyborgs as the are artificial humans. The soul can do things without power. Like thinking (Shinji's mind trips inside the Eva). Otherwise the body it inhabits need power for it to move.

Its just like us humans. We can always think but if we have'nt eaten in a month and are still alive we cant move. The Eva is the same except istead of food it runs on pure energy. When it is "exausted" the Eva can't move. However there is such things as bursts of energy cause by adrenaline. A person who can't move somtimes suddely gets the ability for a period of time due to an adrenaline rush. Also with paralized people. Sometimes they move through the pure will of their mind even though it is impossible. Its the same with the Eva's. Sometimes they move without energy due to an "adrenaline rush" or pure willpower.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 20:06 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Washu-chan, I believe in the case of giant uber-beings, the soul itself actually does seem to be able to generate limited amounts of energy. Lilith is perhaps the best demonstrator of the soul-energy link:

After being separated from Shogouki, Lilith was able to regenerate her arms, but didn't have the energy to regenerate her legs fully. Apparently she never finished her legs because her soul was "salvaged" shortly after this into Rei 1. With no soul, she hung on that cross for some ten years and did absolutely nothing, her body only restoring itself after being "charged" with an outside energy source (LoL).

Odds are, the same "soul juice" is being tapped when Yui-sama and Kyoko-sama move without external power. Although, in Yui's case, I'm sure the adrenaline helped. Image (As if Evas weren't strong enough already.)

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 13:23 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Well I know the 5 min thing is batteries. Not the soul cause Hyuga proves the Eva has internal batteries when he says they are fully charged. Forgot what ep.

The "energy" can be what I said. Similar to an adrenaline rush cause by will power.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 13:28 GMT

Reichu [ANF]
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:11 pm

Washu-chan wrote:Well I know the 5 min thing is batteries. Not the soul cause Hyuga proves the Eva has internal batteries when he says they are fully charged. Forgot what ep.

The "energy" can be what I said. Similar to an adrenaline rush cause by will power.

Episode #01 - EVA-01 moves - no outside power (and before the batteries were "fully charged", apparently)
Episode #16 - EVA-01 moves after internal energy reserves completely drained
Episode #19 - EVA-01 moves after internal energy reserves failure
Episode #25' - EVA-02 moves after internal energy reserves completely depleted

That said, I think you should also read my previous post again... I was trying to make a point with Lilith.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 13:32 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Have you forgotten that this is an anime? A science fiction anime, no less.

No I haven't Image

The Eva needs an Umbilical Cable or Batteries. The soul energy doesn't run the Eva or else they wouldn't have internal batteries. These internal batteries are made obvious durring a launch and Hyuga says "Internal Batteries fully charges.

Yes they do have batteries! But Eva's don't need one to operate.

So what is the point?

The LCL change doesn't neccessarily have to do with electricity. The Eva's computer can recieve a command and introduce a catalyst to the LCL that causes the LCL to change form.

The LCL changes instantly. No catalyst can change liquid to gas that quickly.

The AT Field comes from the soul. The soul needs a body (a working body) to project it. You have to remember that the Evas are as much cyborgs as the are artificial humans. The soul can do things without power. Like thinking (Shinji's mind trips inside the Eva). Otherwise the body it inhabits need power for it to move.

Without the soul the eva can not move even with electricity. That's why there is synchronization.

Its just like us humans. We can always think but if we have'nt eaten in a month and are still alive we cant move.

There are studies on Starvation. In starvation of much less than a month, your Mental state of being is completely altered a long time before you can't move.

In that state You can not think.
What you're saying is great and all, but it's incorrect in modern medicine.
Just ask your doctor if you don't believe me.

The Eva is the same except istead of food it runs on pure energy. When it is "exausted" the Eva can't move. However there is such things as bursts of energy cause by adrenaline.

In my experience in Electrical Engineering. There are no adrenaline. Maybe in your dreams. But without current flow, nothing works.

A person who can't move somtimes suddely gets the ability for a period of time due to an adrenaline rush.

Which has nothing to do with machines or electronics

Also with paralized people. Sometimes they move through the pure will of their mind even though it is impossible.

Maybe on TV, or the religious channel, but that doesn't happen in the real world.

Its the same with the Eva's. Sometimes they move without energy due to an "adrenaline rush" or pure willpower.

That is very well said. Eva's are controled by the willpower of the soul.
As Kaworu stated, the AT-field is the light of the soul.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 17:51 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Reichu wrote:Episode #01 - EVA-01 moves - no outside power (and before the batteries were "fully charged", apparently)
Episode #16 - EVA-01 moves after internal energy reserves completely drained
Episode #19 - EVA-01 moves after internal energy reserves failure
Episode #25' - EVA-02 moves after internal energy reserves completely depleted

That said, I think you should also read my previous post again... I was trying to make a point with Lilith.

I know I know. Im saying that "energy" can come from an Eva version of an adrenaline rush or will power (Im betting on the latter). They do have brains and organ systems.

Originally posted on: 20-Jun-2004, 22:22 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Dr. Nick [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Washu-chan wrote:The LCL change doesn't neccessarily have to do with electricity. The Eva's computer can recieve a command and introduce a catalyst to the LCL that causes the LCL to change form.

I believe it's electricity because the D&R Deluxe Program Book says "After the pilot is on-board, this L.C.L is electrically charged to alter its molecular arrangement."

It's true that the Evas can, by utilizing their willpower, sometimes move without electricity, but that's not the issue we're dealing with here. I'm just trying to prove that the system which causes the LCL-transformation is a purely technical thing and has nothing to do with this mysterious "soul power".

Are you talking about the time when Gendou ordered Shinji to be removed from the cockpit?

:uh-oh: No, I definately wasn't talking about that scene, but thanks for bringing it up. Here's a simple breakdown of the scene in question:

1. Shinji threatens to smash up the place.
2. Gendo orders the bridge crew to raise the LCL-pressure.
3. The LCL reverts back to liquid and Shinji is knocked out.

Now if you say it was Yui who subdued Shinji on her own volition, you're claiming that there's no causal relation between scenes 2 & 3 and also that Gendo just gave an impossible order.

Consider also this: Every time an Eva does something on her own, the bridge crew goes pretty much apesh*t, like "Ohmigod a berserker!" or "WTF the ejection signal isn't getting through!" Why aren't they shouting comments like that every time the LCL "spontaneously" turns gaseous?

Originally posted on: 21-Jun-2004, 17:06 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Plus if you notice the Eva's rarely act independantley. They leave most of the things to the pilots and Staff.

And I didn't know about the D&R book. Thanks for correcting me Image

Originally posted on: 21-Jun-2004, 22:34 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RahOtaku [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

Consider also this: Every time an Eva does something on her own, the bridge crew goes pretty much apesh*t, like "Ohmigod a berserker!" or "WTF the ejection signal isn't getting through!"
Why aren't they shouting comments like that every time the LCL "spontaneously" turns gaseous?

The Soul is controlling everything and can override anything including the need of electricity.

The reason they are screaming is because they know it can't be explained by electronics. It's simply not science.

The science stops there, including the fact that MAGICALLY none of the Pilot's hair ever get wet when coming out of the plug.

Originally posted on: 23-Jun-2004, 00:38 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

The reason they are screaming is because they know it can't be explained by electronics.

Exactly. So allow me to repeat my question: Why aren't they shouting comments like that every time the LCL "spontaneously" turns gaseous?

About hair:
Law of Anime #32 - Law of Follicular Permanence[/b]
Hair in anime is pretty much indestructable, and can resist any amount of meteorological conditions, energy emissions, physical abuse, or explosive effects and still look perfect. The only way to hurt someone's hair is the same way you deal with demons... with bladed weapons!

So don't try to apply real life hair science here.

Originally posted on: 23-Jun-2004, 10:31 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:12 pm

That rule actually aplies in Japan a bit. I see some people whose hair you just can't mess up. The wind is blowing like hell and their hair doesn't budge. Its crazy.

Originally posted on: 23-Jun-2004, 11:01 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

I've made my point that electronics can't explain everything.

And as with the laws of Anime, there are no laws in Anime. Those are just funny things someone made up.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2004, 17:29 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

I've made my point that electronics can't explain everything.

Yeah, you kinda said that in your previous post. That's exactly the reason why I'm asking this question: "Why aren't they [the bridge crew] shouting comments like that every time the LCL "spontaneously" turns gaseous?"
And as with the laws of Anime, there are no laws in Anime. Those are just funny things someone made up.

That's correct: they are created by badass, hard-core otakus compared to which you and me are mere scum.

Originally posted on: 30-Jun-2004, 08:12 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

I don't know everything that the Bridge crew knows. Image They know how the soul interfaces with the electrical system, and they know that it's not supposed to work without electricity.

The reason they aren't screaming is because there is a power supply at that time.

Does that answer your question. lol...
If you consider yourself to be mere scum, don't add me to the list.

Originally posted on: 29-Jun-2004, 22:15 GMT

Dr. Nick [ANF]
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

The reason they aren't screaming is because there is a power supply at that time.

That doesn't really work: There's a power supply when Eva-01 goes berserk in ep. #02, and the bridge crew still goes apesh*t.

Let me ask you this: Why do you want to believe it's the resident soul of the Eva who causes the LCL transformation, even though so many pieces of evidence prove otherwise? Isn't the techical explanation much more simple and elegant?

Originally posted on: 30-Jun-2004, 11:37 GMT

RahOtaku [ANF]
Adam

•      
  •      

That doesn't really work: There's a power supply when Eva-01 goes berserk in ep. #02, and the bridge crew still goes apesh*t.-Dr. Nick-

Actually, my explanation works perfectly. Your example actually helps proves my point. Image

Thank you for pointing out, A great Example where the soul is in charge.

Shinji has never seen and much less operated an Evangelion.

(Shinji turns from not knowing how to stand, to regrowing his arm and ripping a new hole in Sachiel.)

Someone on the Bridge shouts, "Oh, my god! He's walking!"

Then magically Ep. 2 the scene turns into.

1. Eva-01 rips a Rib out of Sachiel and proceeds to Ram it into Sachiels Core.
2. Eva-01 Regrows it's arm.
3. Eva-01 Neutralizes an AT-field...

Isn't the techical explanation much more simple and elegant?

The soul is in charge, and not the bridge crew.
Now please provide a "technical explanation that's simpler and more elegant."

And also [b]explain technically how Shinji knew how to regrow his arm
and neutralize At-fields.

Obviously, Shinji's an Engineering Genius and could figure all that out electronically. Or maybe with some of Washu's electrical "adrenaline"? ^^;

I think I missed your simple and elegant explanation, could you run that by me again?

Originally posted on: 30-Jun-2004, 18:25 GMT

Keisuke-kun [ANF]
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Keisuke-kun [ANF] » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:13 pm

If the Eva could just say "K im gonna go w/out power now" then the bridge wouldn't be worried in the slightest about the angels winning.

A Berserker isn't something that just happens cause the Eva is like "Okay guess Ill go berserk."

Just like a person can't say "Hey im gonna read the bible once and memorize it word by word."

Originally posted on: 01-Jul-2004, 04:11 GMT

Return to “AnimeNation Archive”