Wiki Relocation

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Wiki Relocation

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:31 pm

The Wiki has been relocated to the new evageeks.org site. You should be seeing 404 errors for your old links. The wiki is now located at:

http://evageeks.org/FGP/

Everything should have transferred smoothly, but there may be errors lurking unseen. Everyone should check as many pages as they can think of for errors and also continue making edits on the new site while being vigilant for errors.

Report any difficulties or error you may encounter as soon as you can in this thread. Hopefully nothing should go awry, but things rarely come together easily when it comes to transfers like this.

The "old" wiki is still backed up and functioning on this site, so there's no risk of us being unable to recover from the move. We will at least be able to fall back to the wiki as it was yesterday, but I think such an outcome is unlikely. We'll likely only face minor irritations.

Here's hoping this goes off well.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:32 pm

Thanks for the headsup, OMF. ^_^

What I've checked so far seems to be fine.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:56 pm

Curiosity question since this seems like the best thread to ask: if this forum still going to remain despite the fact the media-wiki software site is evageeks.org? I guess I'm just kinda puzzled since the Eva Monkey forums are now using the forum from that. :unsure:

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:21 pm

I'm going to try merging this forum with the EGO forums in the very near future. I have to do some dry runs first however, and that requires that I reinstall my webdev suite on my PC. I'm hoping to get the move done by next weekend.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:03 am

Before a merge happens we may need to do a few minor things. Stuff like username merging. At EMF, I originally tried to use the username "Ornette" but I screwed up the registration. Since I don't want to have 2 users (Ornette Coleman and Ornette), we'd need to change my EMF username to "Ornette" so that the ownership of the posts stay with one user. I'm not sure how many others this needs to happen with, maybe Trieze?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Is there a way to make the FGs Members stuff still hidden or private so non-members can't "mess anything up" as it were?

Who me, paranoid? Yes. -o-;

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:57 pm

The registration for mediawiki is closed and invite only. Although there is the possibility that there are going to be many scribes in the future, not just anyone can edit your User page. I say, if you can't trust someone not to deface your userpage (which there will be a change log of), then they don't deserve to be a scribe.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:21 pm

Agreed.

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:04 pm

At the moment, as "Minionister of the Wiki" I want it will be official policy that, for the next few weeks while we "find our footing", we will not be inviting new members.

One or two people requested from EvaGeek's forum, but I think we really need time to get our footing and site policy straightened out (case in point copyright junk which is beyond my immediate control), etc. etc.

Just easing into it.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Absolutely. We still haven't formed the site oversight committee, or written any kind of a constitution. There's also the fact that this forum needs to get merged, and of course, Reichu has yet to return.

Hirings of all kinds will probably have to be put on hold until we get our bearings.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:07 pm

Would it be best to hold off inviting new members and all of that (writing a constitution, forming an oversight site committee) until Reichu returns?

Either way, I agree that we definitely need to get things squared away. I can only imagine how much of a bitch all the copyright information is.

Also, I apologize for not having helped much sitewise in the past several weeks, but ever since College started up I've been extremely busy...Being a 4th year student and getting all my requirements taken care of is hard. :(

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:53 pm

Well, I threw together a basic FGP Copyrights page but I'm sure it can still use some tweaking. Also put together a privacy policy page.

V
Banned

Postby V » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:08 pm

I'm in the same boat Sailor Star Dust.

Yes I would advocate waiting for Reichu to return, etc.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”