Gunbuster 2 Fansubbed

This is for the non-Eva goings on at Gainax, both old and new.

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Gunbuster 2 Fansubbed

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:22 pm

You can find Gunbuster 2 Fansubbed by Lunar Anime.

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/

Here's the torrent for Episode 1.

http://a.scarywater.net/lunar/[Lunar] Gunbuster 2 - 01 [FE79B2EC].avi.torrent

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:32 pm

yo evamonkey, what did you think of the first ep?

I myself found that it remained true to both the original Gunbuster and the evolution Gainax has taken since.

Super Mega Ultra Deluxe
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Super Mega Ultra Deluxe » Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:46 pm

Gah, now I have to see the original Gunbuster, which I still haven't finished.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:00 am

So I am guessing there is only one fansubbed episode out right now? Did the series just premier in Japan this month or something?
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:10 pm

Its a 6 episode OAV, so the episodes come out one every month or two.

And I haven't actually watched it yet. I want to see the original Gunbuster series before I watch the second one.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:33 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Its a 6 episode OAV, so the episodes come out one every month or two.

And I haven't actually watched it yet. I want to see the original Gunbuster series before I watch the second one.

Speaking of the original, does anyone know of a torrent for that? I am dying to see it but Manga has not released a new DVD version and I hear old copies are not that reliable....any ideas?

I watched the first ep of the second series--its good, definitely very FLCL, but that seems to be the evolution of Gainax in general--I am optimistic though, I have to say...
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:33 pm

Gunbuster is supposedly a Manga license, but they have done nothing with it for years. The original DVD release was hard subbed and had severe quality issues. Not to mention that its out of print. I will most likely try and find a fan sub of it.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:58 pm

Otaprince wrote:yo evamonkey, what did you think of the first ep?

Okay, saw the original Gunbuster, and got around to watching the first episode of Gunbuster 2.

So far, I'm dissapointed. Gunbuster was such a great OAV series. Its as if they went and injected FLCL into Gunbuster to spawn Gunbuster 2. I'm starting to notice this thrend, where most of Gainax's OAVs are visually and directorially identical. I loved FLCL, and I think this style worked well with Re: Cutie Honey, but its not working with Gunbuster 2. If anything, I think it would be more appropriate to call it FLCL 2, if that makes any sense. I'm just not seeing why this show was made. Maybe it will become more cohesive as I see more episodes, but for right now. It seems rather awkward.

"Onee-Sama!! I did it!! I became topless!!!"

Worst. Pun. Ever.

DevilzillA
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DevilzillA » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:19 pm

In a way I agree, in a way I don't. IMO, the original GunBuster was too short to be a real masterpiece. To me, it felt like some kind of... I don't know... like one of those early films a director makes while he's in film school. It had some great ideas, and was an overall entertaining OAV... but I don't think it had established itself to the point where you could say DieBuster ruined it, just by being different. I'm just glad this new series seems like it'll be good. I know some recent Gainax titles apparently haven't been.

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:50 pm

in what formt did you finally see Gunbuster in? i'd gladly pay for official dvds, but there are none in the US.

Gunbuster 2 has the same director, writer, and character designer as FLCL, so it makes sense that there'd be similarities. however, it seems obvious that Tsurumaki is restraining himself from his usual frantic FLCL pace to remain true to the original Gunbuster.
Last edited by Otaprince on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeonZ
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:30 am

I'll wait for the later episodes to judge this show. I have to say that I enjoyed the first episode of Diebuster more than the first of Gunbuster, but both were nothing special. Gunbuster only became really good after episode 3, so, Diebuster still has much time to catch up with Gunbuster.
Last edited by NeonZ on Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:03 am

So then, is its title "Gunbuster 2", "Diebuster", or Gunbuster 2: Diebuster"? I'm confused.

NeonZ
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby NeonZ » Tue Nov 23, 2004 5:19 am

The Eva Monkey wrote:So then, is its title "Gunbuster 2", "Diebuster", or Gunbuster 2: Diebuster"? I'm confused.

Aim for the Top! 2
DieBuster

the previous series was:

Aim for the Top!
GunBuster

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:24 pm

where did you see the title "Diebuster" for Top o Nerae 2?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:40 pm

In the original Gunbuster, there's an eye catch where they say "Gunbuster" a bunch of times and the word "Gunbuster" in one corner.

In Gunbuster 2, its the same except with "Diebuster".

Soluzar
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Soluzar » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:00 pm

Haha! I wouldn't have believed it was possible, but this series seems to be even more servicey than the first run of Gunbuster! I thought that series was walking a fine line... now I see this! D00D! My eyes need washing!
Natsukashii, ne?

lyricaldanichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lyricaldanichan » Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:51 pm

It bothers me that this really has nothing to do with the original series and that DieBuster looks like Sadamoto the destroyer (no pun intended). 2nd episode was released on dish and the dvd should be out soon. Hopefully the 2nd episode will pick up the pace.

Also wonder about the Gunbuster game for PS2. The screen shots look very nice and kept with the story of the original series. I actually got to pick up the game poster at a local jp shop in the bay area (wish they had two) which makes me wish this gets ported over to the states asap. *crosses fingers*

Sectre01
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Sectre01 » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:17 pm

Gunbuster was cool and all but it took the "single robot ownz an entire army" farther then gundam wing, which already seemed cheesy.

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:31 pm

Agreed. That's the gunbuster con.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

lyricaldanichan
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby lyricaldanichan » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:04 pm

Sectre01 wrote:Gunbuster was cool and all but it took the "single robot ownz an entire army" farther then gundam wing, which already seemed cheesy.

You mean Gundam Wing took it from Gunbuster. ;-)

Return to “Gaina[x] Stuff”