The Welcome Thread

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderator: Board Staff

Szmitten
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:32 pm

I'm Szmitten, the same Szmitten on EvaMonkey and TS Scorpio on Animenation and Trivial Being. I'm a Britfag and nearly 18. First saw Evangelion 2-3 years ago.

I like the direction, the look, the feel, the style. I like the style of narrative and how the characters are quite shamelessly flawed. I also just love how they managed to create something that has lasted for so long that is truly just an incomplete mess.

I hate the B-team episodes, I hate losing visual continuity. I hate the look of the first few episodes and am relieved that they're being redone for Rebuild.

I've made a few contributions so far, mainly trivia (Komm Susser Tod, Seele/monoliths/2001), slight additions of infomation (Lilith, First Impact) and a link on Gendo's page that I felt was missing.

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

Um...hi.

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:36 am

Um...hi.

Yes, I used to post fairly regularly on the AnimeNation NGE forums and got into the commentary project, *then* I kind of disappeared about three years ago, and...now I'm back. That's all I have to say on that.

I've already talked with Reichu a bit, and so far I think I want to help the most with the wiki's character profiles. Character analysis has always been my primary interest in regards to the series (the main reason I do much more than tolerate EoTV), even if it might be the easiest part.

Er...fanstuff? I happen to like Shinji Ikari, though not in a stupid, coddling fangirl-way; he's a fascinating little trainwreck, though I don't deny that there is at least some love and sympathy on my side (only some!). I also think Kaworu is nifty, and wish that his characterization was explored more. Strangely, though, I'm not a Kaworu/Shinji shipper, and not out of any anti-yaoi sentiments.

:ninja:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:59 am

Incisivis wrote: he's a fascinating little trainwreck, though I don't deny that there is at least some love and sympathy on my side

I gotta agree with you there! ^_^

Anyway, glad to have both you and Szmitten (Hi! *waves*) on board.
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Incisivis, just hang around for a few days to get the feel of it.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:11 am

Howdy to the new people, in particular SSD. Good to see some more folks I recognize from EMF. I too have been working off an on tonight on the site but I just wish I could devote more time. I should be able to give it my all at withing a month's time I'm guessing. Hopefully I can become a main contributor... The fingers are willing but the time is weak (or something like that). :)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:06 am

Reichu wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Random: Oh, Bobbq is Natchan! A-ha!

Yah. There was a "fun with Japanese" thread at EMF where he revealed his given (by posting the incorrect katakana form), and eventually I found out it what the official abbreviation was. It all went downhill from there.

Oe-sensei's incorrect katakana form, not mine.

Anyway, I'm finally starting to make progress. Laudatis me!

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:54 pm

Reichu wonders where BobBQ, LuigiHann, and KnT went off to...

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:13 pm

Reichu wrote:Reichu wonders where BobBQ, LuigiHann, and KnT went off to...

Tourist: Uh...those ARE sheep aren't they?

Shepherd: Yeh.

Tourist: Hmm, thought they were. Only, what are they doing up in the trees?

Shepherd: A fair question and one that in recent weeks 'as been much on my mind.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:46 pm

@ 'Jimbo: Howdy back! ^_^

Sheep in a tree, huh? ....Hmm. *ponders*

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:28 pm

I don't get the sheep thing.

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 am

I need a wiki account.

PLZ K THX BAI.
Webmaster, EvaMonkey.com; Co-founder, EvaGeeks.org; Moderator, r/evangelion.

Follow me on Social Media! [YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook] [Tumblr] [Twitch]

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:20 am

What do you intend to do with such powah?

Szmitten
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:43 am

Have great responsibility?

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:46 am

Reichu wrote:What do you intend to do with such powah?

Domo kun pron. Nazis. Futanari. The ski's the limit.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Tue Aug 28, 2007 5:34 pm

A fair question and one that in recent weeks 'as been much on my mind...."I don't get the sheep thing"

Quote from a Monty Python sketch; basically I was quoting it as a way of agreeing with previous post.
Who is "Codename V"?....

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:36 pm

Crap, obviously an episode I didn't see then. :(

Anyway...

@ teh Monkey: I'd return your stapler if I knew where it was, but besides that, what exactly happened to the forums? Is it ever going to return and/or were all the threads backed up somehow (lol Reichu)?? EDIT: Never mind, just read the main page. Oh, and it's FEM-Kaworu, not "Femme". The latter implies something else about Kaworu (effeminate-acting), unless that's your point. :lol:
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:50 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:what exactly happened to the forums? Is it ever going to return and/or were all the threads backed up somehow

It's up, and currently hidden. But if I were to make it public, the traffic would kill it quickly. So rather than have that stupid roller coaster ride, I just decided to shut it down until it can get rehosted, which is in the process as we speak.

I miss it. I miss it so hard.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:55 pm

Eva Monkey wrote:I miss it. I miss it so hard.

As do female-nerds like me who have nothing else to do in their spare time. :sweatdrop:

Shiro
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Shiro » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:45 pm

OK, seeing as this is slightly different from the OT Forum's welcome thread, I may as well post here.

I'm Shiro, just got a wiki account a few days ago. Don't worry, I'm not gonna go on a rampage and screw it up. I'll just clean up articles that are written badly (Like the old YA(N)A plot summary) and add some Webuild information, for now. (If I try to add factual information from Old Century, I'll probably get reverted...)

I found NGE this previous summer, and loved it right away. Found it due to a fluke, actually. Anyway:

(1) The fact that it's so honest. Most anime don't portray things honestly or realistically. Like for example, Touji asking Kensuke if he "has any balls at all." Little touches like that. As well as the fact that no character isn't believable. Every character fits into the series, and seems real. There's never a point where you feel like one character is too cookie-cutter or clichéd. (There's more, the above is just something that other people haven't said)

(2) Hm...probably the fact that a lot of the series requires fanwank. Sometimes it's a good thing, but others, not so much. As well as the fact that so much was revealed in a VIDEO GAME. And a video game America will never get. That kinda pisses me off.

(3) Hm, for now, watching and learning, and cleaning up articles. I'm still relatively new to the NGE fandom, so I'm still learning. But I can clean things up.
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0: YOU ARE (NOT) ALONE -My fanfic. COMPLETE, HAHA! 2/25/08.
2.0: YOU ARE (NOT) WORTHLESS: Updated (!!) 7/14/08
Nigecha dame da...
"Kaworu is not a character. Kaworu is a plot device. Kaworu sucks." -Reichu

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Welcome to the project Shiro: "join us in creating a new genesis" for eva :)
Who is "Codename V"?....

Return to “The Editorium”