The Wiki Thread (General)

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Needed to update the wiki to account for an upgrade somewhere else. If you see a page that looks blank, try purging the cache by adding a "?action=purge" to the end of the URL and click "Ok" when asked to purge the cache.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:56 pm

For those of you adding content to Shin (formely Final, alias 4.0), I've gone ahead and changed the titles to reflect the new 3.0 + 1.0 title. It's a pain, I know, but we need to make the shift sooner rather than later.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:57 pm

Yeah, I saw. You beat me to it, too! I was hoping to be the one to make the shift. :lol:

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Since this was the most recently posted on thread that falls into the "suggestion" genre I'll post here.

When you view an angel's page, it has the little window in the top right giving you the number, symbol, etc. on it. To get to the next angels page, however, you have to go back to the homepage to get to it.

My suggestion is this: Would it be possible to get "next" and "previous" buttons like there are on the episode pages? I know this is something rather minor, but it's just a thought. It would make navigation through the list easier.

P.S. - Maybe on the Eva Unit pages too? Again it's not a huge thing, just a thought. ^_^

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:24 pm

We can add it to the templates, but then there's some issues when it comes to Rebuild numbering vs TV Series numbering, or even vs Manga numbering.

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:49 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:We can add it to the templates, but then there's some issues when it comes to Rebuild numbering vs TV Series numbering, or even vs Manga numbering.

If you follow the order show here [url]http://wiki.evageeks.org/Angels_(Portal)[/url] it shouldn't be an issue. The angels each have their respective rebuild sections on their pages, but since they're posted in NGE order on the main portal for them, I don't see why we couldn't just have that be the order and exclude the Rebuild-only angels from that list.

If we were to include them, you could just include Angel #3 (Rebuild) or something as its tag.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:19 am

The Angels portal deals with the NGE Angels. While the ones from the Manga are a mere subset of the ones in the TV series (and need no separate inclusion), how do you go about the ones for Rebuild?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Ultrahuntr
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ultrahuntr » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:51 am

Separate list that, when tabbed through, sends you to the rebuild sections of the angels that were in both maybe?

painocus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby painocus » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

I'm assuming this is the right place for this: (If not please move this.)
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion_Proposal

The image on page 13 is Dies Microcosmicus, Nox Microcosmica by Robert Fludd from his Utriusque cosmi maioris scilicet et minoris metaphysica, physica atqve technica historia (vol. 2, p. 275).

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:16 pm

^ This is the right place, thank you!
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

Re: The Wiki Thread (General)

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 am

hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:55 am

It's likely the result of many people collaborating. Most of these analyses have their beginnings in normal discussion threads.

Why? Is there something in particular you want to comment on?
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

zlink64
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby zlink64 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:09 am

Nah nothing specific. Just that a youtuber(sudostef) made a video version of it in wich he basically just reads the wiki. I wanted to let the Arthur know since the video doesn't credit anyone and people seem to think it's Sudostef's original work. I would want to know so figure I'd just mention incase. If you guys view it as community thing then I guess it doesn't matter.
hmmm
http://animeanalysis.com /(Blog where I write anime stuff like above)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm

View Original Postzlink64 wrote:Nah nothing specific. Just that a youtuber(sudostef) made a video version of it in wich he basically just reads the wiki. I wanted to let the Arthur know since the video doesn't credit anyone and people seem to think it's Sudostef's original work. I would want to know so figure I'd just mention incase. If you guys view it as community thing then I guess it doesn't matter.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've reviewed his video and have come to the same conclusion. Please let us know if you find any other videos like this.

DawkingsDD
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DawkingsDD » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I've reviewed his video and have come to the same conclusion. Please let us know if you find any other videos like this.

Seems okay to me, nearly every Evangelion video from him has a ton of sources or links to the contributors and forum, such said link lead me to the forum, glad to be here! ^_^

My question revolves around the theory and analysis of Asuka and the bathtub, how come it’s been incomplete for so long? It always seemed like an interesting particularity to examine and I find myself coming back to this page only to find it unaltered.

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... he_Bathtub

I would love to see this article elaborated upon. I’ve read the fairly length forum discussion about Asuka trying to “AN HERO” and was wondering why none of it made it on the actual article? :emogendo:

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:57 pm

Just a quick question. On the wiki, is it possible to set a picture to resize automatically within the boundaries of the page based on the magnification and resolution? I'm trying to have the banner on the top of the manga page fit better and was just looking for some pointers.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Hello, can I get permissions to create a new article?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:41 am

I think wiki editors can create articles. What page do you want to create?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Thanks, but Reichu created them for me.

@DawkingsDD I have begun expanding that article! Let me finish my other projects first.

I have sort of finished this one: https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... Evangelion

Any additions and criticism are welcome.

I am also making an article out of this thread

thread/14454/Theory-about-Kaworus-intentions/

...here

https://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_An ... in_Eva_3.0

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:17 am

Wow that's awesome, great work!