The Wiki Thread (General)

For discussion of and submissions for the EvaGeeks Wiki and Commentary. Open to all posters.

Moderators: UrsusArctos, Board Staff

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:53 pm

Never mind then. There was a temporary error on my part then. The forum spazzed out at the same time I got the error. I tried again shortly after, and it still gave me the error. I tried now though, and it works.

Thanks for helping.[/url:3jzia7ro]
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:08 am

Not sure if we need a separate thread for this, but it occurs to me that a to-do list might be helpful. Many folks have mentioned specific pages in need of editing, and if we go with OMF's idea for re-organizing the wiki it would be helpful to have a list of what needs to be revamped and what pages need to be added. We could even make it a wiki page so people can add to or modify it as the need arises.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not sure if we need a separate thread for this, but it occurs to me that a to-do list might be helpful. Many folks have mentioned specific pages in need of editing, and if we go with OMF's idea for re-organizing the wiki it would be helpful to have a list of what needs to be revamped and what pages need to be added. We could even make it a wiki page so people can add to or modify it as the need arises.

Sounds good to me.
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:46 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Not sure if we need a separate thread for this,
The existing http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/8214/Content-Submissions-Suggestions-and-Comments/ thread would be a sensible place to put to-do list postings.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:55 pm

The flags on pages, and the ability to bring up all flagged pages, serves as a to-do list of sorts.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:59 pm

I was more thinking about consolidating all of that onto a single page. If people have to hunt for pages that need editing that just serves as another impediment to updating things.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:08 pm

I was thinking along the lines of a "Drive" page, or "Present Objective" page. Not sure if I've got the right terminology here. But essentially one page with a general listing of current objectives, perhaps with a few specific page listings as well. I'll try to clarify my thinking on this as soon as I can.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Not sure where else this goes, but I noticed when replying to a talk page on the wiki, timestamps and other features didn't appear. I had to manually enter the timestamp myself. I had to edit the page to reply, but all the formatting options should appear, shouldn't they?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:54 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Not sure where else this goes, but I noticed when replying to a talk page on the wiki, timestamps and other features didn't appear. I had to manually enter the timestamp myself. I had to edit the page to reply, but all the formatting options should appear, shouldn't they?

Worked for me. You need to end your post with --~~~~.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:55 pm

View Original PostOrnette wrote:You need to end your post with --~~~~.

The time stamp and the other formatting options didn't even show up when editing the page, which surprised me. Maybe because it's a discussion/talk page?

Thanks for looking into it.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:22 am

The Wiki has quite a few short, useless old pages from years ago - normally stubs for Gainax employees, for minor characters, locations, and the like. Anyone care to clean them up and merge them into the appropriate pages?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:39 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:The Wiki has quite a few short, useless old pages from years ago - normally stubs for Gainax employees, for minor characters, locations, and the like. Anyone care to clean them up and merge them into the appropriate pages?

I'm willing to work on this. However, I just took the information from the "math puppy" page and put it into the minor character page, but now I don't know how to delete the old math puppy page. So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but, how would I delete the unneeded page?
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 pm

You need to put the {{delete}} template I think. Then at some point an admin can delete it.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:12 am

There are two pages for Class-2A. Just thought people should know so that they can be merged.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Class_2A
http://wiki.evageeks.org/Class_2-A
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:54 am

With the mergers and deletions - it's a matter of consolidating the text and then deleting the shell or replacing it with a redirect. Once all the content in a page has been copied to another, getting rid of it is a simple matter.

The two Class 2A articles have been fixed - one of them is now a redirect to the other. (Thanks, Cody!)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:04 pm

The article on Evangelion Equipment needs to be updated with new information and pictures for each configuration. http://wiki.evageeks.org/Evangelion_Equipment
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Done! :ritsuko_mug:

EDIT : hey, is the policy to put a spoiler template when an article talk about Q still in place, or can we delete them now?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:29 pm

Fixed the edits to refer to Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0 rather than Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 and 2.0. Remember that the movies are not titled "Rebuild" when writing/editing pages. We already have (properly titled) pages for each individual movie, so you should link to those when possible when referencing material therein.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:59 pm

^
So when we need to write about the Rebuild version of a character, what do we write?

For example, in Rei's article, there is a section called "In Rebuild". Do we have to change to "In Evangelion New Theatrical Version"?
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:09 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:^
So when we need to write about the Rebuild version of a character, what do we write?

For example, in Rei's article, there is a section called "In Rebuild". Do we have to change to "In Evangelion New Theatrical Version"?

Yeah. I'd just as soon see every reference to "Rebuild" purged from the site, apart from a single page noting the common usage of the term in the West and the fact that it is not an official name for the movies either in Japan or in the West. We're stuck with it when it comes to the forums but there's no reason we can't be accurate when writing the wiki, right?

Return to “Wiki Editing and Discussion”