[LAEM] does anyone get the ADV newsletter?

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

V
Banned

does anyone get the ADV newsletter?

Postby V » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:19 pm

some guy on wikipedia keeps saying the September 15th ADV Films newsletter said the live action project has been cancelled (for now) due to lack of funding
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby DatDude » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:29 pm

THANK YOU JESUS
THANK YOU JEWISH GOD
THANK YOU TOM CRUSE FOR KILLING THE LIVE ACTION EVA BEAST WITH YOUR VOODOO POWERS!
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:32 pm

...and happiness began to grow across the land...

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:06 pm

For now.... for now.... :twisted:
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

V
Banned

Postby V » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:31 pm

Big Panda wrote:For now.... for now.... :twisted:

Out there, out in the vastness of internets, in the void that is a system of tubes, out there is an force known as Eva fandom. It sits there in the depths waiting, waiting with the patience of eons, forever waiting...
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: does anyone get the ADV newsletter?

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:43 am

V wrote:some guy on wikipedia keeps saying the September 15th ADV Films newsletter said the live action project has been cancelled (for now) due to lack of funding

It's about time my incessant naysaying has finally been accurate.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:39 am

Quoting Cartman: "Sweet!"
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

V
Banned

Postby V » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:13 am

um guys, that wasn't a "statement"; I was asking "does anyone get the ADV Films newsletter and can confirm this or not?"

Either way, given that "The Hobbit" movie is about to go foward.....I was already anticipating a year or two's delay on the project. By then, with Rebuild coming out, they might get enough cash.
Who is "Codename V"?....

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:34 am

This needs to be verified.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:48 am

Alright... it's "in production", then suddenly canceled. XD
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

Postby Incisivis » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:48 am

In all honesty, I never expected it to get off the ground. But I also expected it to suck, so things are all good.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 am

I want to know about this to but, maybe it's better its on hold, that way it's potential grows a bit more with rebuild and all
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:28 am

How does its potential grow with Rebuild? If they must make it, I think it'd be better if they did it just based off NGE.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:19 pm

Enough with they nay or yay prattle, just answer the question.

V wrote:does anyone get the ADV Films newsletter and can confirm this or not?"

I'm not one to go blindly believing everything I read on the web so I want conformation with a source before I put up a party icon.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Szmitten » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:34 pm

Can't someone just contact ADV directly?

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Hunter21 wrote:Enough with they nay or yay prattle, just answer the question.

V wrote:does anyone get the ADV Films newsletter and can confirm this or not?"

I'm not one to go blindly believing everything I read on the web so I want conformation with a source before I put up a party icon.

Precisely.

I want to know about this to but, maybe it's better its on hold, that way it's potential grows a bit more with rebuild and all

Guys, I seriously always thought "The Hobbit" would get made before Live Action Eva, and that it would be better for "Rebuild" to add to the hype first.

I never thought this project would be released in 2009!

but I do still think we might actually be moving forward on it STARTING in 2009ish....

Even if this unverified report is true, it changes little; it's a delay we already knew about; the demand for the project, both from fans and from Weta Workshop, is there.
Who is "Codename V"?....

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:39 pm

V wrote:the demand for the project, both from fans and from Weta Workshop, is there.

It is? Who's demanding it? It seems like most people are demanding that it dies.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:05 pm

Weta CAME to Eva. Making a live action Eva film was (in this incarnation) largely Eva's idea. They are a massive SFX company built almost from the ground-up for the LOTR Trilogy...and they need a steady stream of CGI-heavy blockbuster films to sustain themselves with work. They were actually originally interested in doing live action Eva right after LOTR, but then the rights to King Kong opened up....
Who is "Codename V"?....

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:15 pm

V wrote:they need a steady stream of CGI-heavy blockbuster films to sustain themselves with work.

There seems to be no shortage of craptastic CGI-laden films being produced. I doubt that Weta will have any lack of business without live action Eva.
Awesomely Shitty

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Postby cat42 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:34 pm

Craptastic CGI laden movies that would be willing to pay for WETA though?
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”