Eva Geeks - Getting Involved?

Important site and forum news, announcements, and feedback goes here.

Moderator: Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Eva Geeks - Getting Involved?

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:29 pm

Eva Monkey wrote:This new site can be found at EvaGeeks.Org. There you will find (in time) many of the same resources and features of both Eva Monkey as well as Eva Commentary, particularly the Eva Monkey Forums, which are now the forums of the new Eva Geeks site. And if you've ever wanted to get involved, now is the time to do it. This new site is being built from the ground up to allow any dedicated and responsible Evangelion fan to get involved, share their knowledge, theories, and ideas. Whether you're a forum member, a wiki editor, a content editor, or a news poster, this new project is a communal effort, possibly unlike any before. This is a site by and for the fans in every sense of the phrase.

So how do we get involved? What kinds of contributions are you looking for?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:25 pm

I was actually invited by Reichu to contribute a while back and later agreed after some initial reluctance, but then I never got a response. XD She seems to be gone for the time being, along with the rest of Nevada.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:55 pm

At the moment, Reichu is internet-less.

For the time being, questions can be directed towards me, Ornette, ObsessiveMathsFreak, V, or Mr. Tines, to name a few. Some of the involved members can sound off in due time. And we'll be cycling people into things, posting info on what positions there are to fill, who's doing what, what will be coming soon. Stuff like that. LOOK FORWARD TO IT.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:30 pm

Let me know how I can help.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:39 pm

Me too!

Kaminoyouni
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaminoyouni » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:44 pm

i'll try to help
Proud Member of F.A.P.
"A twenty-nine year-old woman having her way with a fourteen year-old boy? This is perversion! This is ephebophilia!"
"Ephebophelia...? This is SHOTA!"

WARNING: Brik is being incredibly awesome

Join the Evageeks discord!

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:59 pm

For starters just continue lengthy analysis on the boards (an essay length in-depth analysis goes farther than "Asuka is hot", if you get my drift, while "Rei is hot" will get you nowhere).
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby EvaCub » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:19 pm

I always wanted to help start an Eva site
guess nows the chance!
I'm in !
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

Squiggy
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Squiggy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:41 pm

Best of luck to all of you

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:36 am

Yes, best of luck to you all. I'd offer to help, but my knowledge of Evangelion is quite poor, really, so I'll just leave it to the experts ^_^
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:39 am

V wrote:For starters just continue lengthy analysis on the boards (an essay length in-depth analysis goes farther than "Asuka is hot", if you get my drift, while "Rei is hot" will get you nowhere).

Follow this advice. Discuss anything and everything, even remind everyone of maybe forgotten discussions; the existing members will read it and incorporate the relevant information into the Wiki.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Keep in mind, the Evageeks.org encyclopedia, although it uses a MediaWiki system, is NOT like wikipedia. There is a hidden forum for the scribes that goes into detail the policies of the encyclopedia, the theory and analysis, comparisions, images, etc. I think the current stance is to take is slow, over the last few months we've (mostly the scribes and V) been putting together the structure and conventions for editing and adding content sometimes making thins up as we go, and I think it's been going very smoothly, and some people a little hesitant about just opening up registration. But a better person to talk to about this would be V, since he's spearheading the encyclopedia part of the site (and I just mostly drink whisky and add categories).

The biggest thing the entire project needs atm is translators. I've been giving some texts to my friend, and he's been doing what he can during his free time, but I feel bad pressing him because he usually gets paid for doing stuff like this. Other than that, we have Reichu.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:32 pm

The main things I want to see translated are Evangelion Chronicle (of course), the Proposal, and Sore wo Nasumono. All three of these are bound to be bountiful with information, though the Chronicle's information will probably be mostly trivial things, such as the part Reichu translated about Shinji's SDAT.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm

I believe I could currently help out as a commentator, scribe-minion or a sauce nazi.

I currently have no knowledge of moonspeak but I hope to learn it within the next few years, so I'll have to wait on translating and being a librarian.

Since I currently have no knowledge of dealing with MediaWiki or phpBB, I could not help out on any "wizardry", but I could learn either or both if I was pointed in the right direction(s).

I might like to be a photoshop whore or art director but my computing power is nil so wait until I get a computer that was made in the this century within a year or so to help on those fronts.

PM me on this soon please, beotches.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:56 pm

The only thing we're really doing at the moment is scribe-type work, adding and editing content.

A few months back when I emailed Reichu about an interest in a certain job and she said herself that so far we only need scribes. It seems like the status quo (Am I using that terms properly? ^^; ) in regard to that hasn't really changed.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:29 pm

Keep in mind, the Evageeks.org encyclopedia, although it uses a MediaWiki system, is NOT like wikipedia. There is a hidden forum for the scribes that goes into detail the policies of the encyclopedia, the theory and analysis, comparisions, images, etc. I think the current stance is to take is slow, over the last few months we've (mostly the scribes and V) been putting together the structure and conventions for editing and adding content sometimes making thins up as we go, and I think it's been going very smoothly, and some people a little hesitant about just opening up registration. But a better person to talk to about this would be V, since he's spearheading the encyclopedia part of the site (and I just mostly drink whisky and add categories).

Due to several real live (RL) problems beyond my control (involving a lot of scary problems) the Evapedia/wiki was not quite ready to go up by October 4th (which is kind of an arbitrary date but whatever...) it will be up an running in a week or two, but before then, there needs to be heavy debate on "how the heck do we actually run this thing"

My own personal vision was that current veterans of the EvaCommentary, etc. who are currently working on the wiki become Admins and eventually we let other people on, invite-only, from the forums. Eventually means months: I see "EvaGeeks.org" as a vehicle for the live action Eva movies which will be the next LOTR trilogy.

The idea is we're trying to "stack the deck" so that the people "holding the reigns" are all diehard Eva fans who have been fans since it filtered into the US on DVD or TV: if we wait for it to "go mainstream" with the films,....well by then a mix of casual fans and wikipedia-addicts will try to take over. I'm trying to avoid that.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Arcwave
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Arcwave » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:51 pm

I'd love to offer my services. Just let me know what to do 8)
tricofilms.com
"From Suite No. 3 for strings"

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:59 pm

well actually at the moment the nice thing is just; patronize the site. Actually read through things and post in the forum. And spread the word.....
Who is "Codename V"?....

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Probably the thing I can the most helpful is with Japanese. I am Japanese so...yeah, you get my drift.
I feel old

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:39 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Probably the thing I can the most helpful is with Japanese. I am Japanese so...yeah, you get my drift.

Good we need translators
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Return to “EvaGeeks News and Feedback”