One reason why

This is a forum for casual discussion of Evangelion. Topics like "Asuka is hot!" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?" belong here.

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:08 pm

because eva is mysterious and fascinating, and has a good musical accompaniment

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:34 pm

It somewhat changed the way i look at life, it looked cool, it isn't afraid to ask the big questions, and Misato and Asuka is hot
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:07 am

Because Evas are such sexy bitches.

But, no, that's only a very small part of the reason. ;) It would take much more than one grammatically unsound sentence to explain why the hell I love this show, though.

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:59 pm

because the story line gives us hope that third impact will occur sometime soon

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:26 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:because the story line gives us hope that third impact will occur sometime soon

So was third impact a positive thing??
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:27 pm

to some of us possibly...

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:29 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:to some of us possibly...

Like............
"Men judge generally more by the eye than by the hand, for everyone can see and few can feel. Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are."-Niccolo Machiavelli

"In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second hand, and without examination."-Mark Twain

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:43 am

really depressed old men and teenagers with problems

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:08 am

sadsadshinji wrote:really depressed old men and teenagers with problems

I meant what about it would be good, not who would think it would be good....

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:31 pm

No pain, no suffering, no seperate identities. I imagine it as akin to sleeping, only you never wake up and everyone shares the same dream.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

bp32
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby bp32 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:01 pm

Dave wrote:No pain, no suffering, no seperate identities. I imagine it as akin to sleeping, only you never wake up and everyone shares the same dream.

Not to nitpick, but in my eyes the whole point of EoE was to illustrate how empty and undesireable an existence that was. Even Shinji, someone who was predisposed to favor such an existence eventually rejects it precisely because there was no pain, suffering, or feeling whatsoever. Anno's entire point was that trying to live or hoping for such a situation is wrong--no one can be happy in thie utopia. It is only after confronting this reality and embracing it that someone can escape their demons and begin to live a fulfilling life...

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:15 pm

i felt that Shinji wanted real life more...not that he hated the sea of lcl...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:42 pm

A third impact would suck.
It would be like having a perfect world which would be boring and pointless cause nothing would go wrong and the human mind would stagnate and ultimatley die because there is nothing left to chalenge it.

For an example, in the book series DUNE, the human race had achieved a near perfection and nothing ever happened untill a group of 20 young adults took over the entire human race. and it was easy for them because the human race didn't see the point in living anymore, there were no chalenges for them to conquer or anything really.

so i agree with bp32 who said that Anno had made this series to say what a crappy life that would be for something like the third impact to occur
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:35 pm

just saying....some people might want it...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:56 pm

i can't see that unless the people who want it are
1. retarded
2. depressed
3. or suicidal

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:12 pm

hmmm...i think i know someone who fits two categories...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:22 pm

who??

Reichu
Space-Time Teratoma
Space-Time Teratoma

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 06, 2004 10:29 pm

ChronoX wrote:A third impact would suck.
It would be like having a perfect world which would be boring and pointless cause nothing would go wrong and the human mind would stagnate and ultimatley die because there is nothing left to chalenge it.

For an example, in the book series DUNE, the human race had achieved a near perfection and nothing ever happened untill a group of 20 young adults took over the entire human race. and it was easy for them because the human race didn't see the point in living anymore, there were no chalenges for them to conquer or anything really.

I still haven't read DUNE (my bad)... But this reminds me of the situation in a story I'm writing, where a race of what are essentially gods [:cough:Angels!:cough:] live forever in an enclosed environment where it is impossible to die. As a psychological coping mechanism for living in such an awful place (called, ironically enough, Eden), most of them do not have a terribly long-term memory; if you can't even remember what you did past a certain range of time, you can't realize how monotonous your existence is. For those that do retain their memories, their sanity is tenuous at best, and they devote themselves to trying to find SOME way out of Eden... Suffice to say, an environment like that where literally nothing ever happens is hard as hell to write about!

sadsadshinji
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:52 am

it easy:
it was blank, it was white....it was boring...yet there was life...

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:18 pm

Reichu wrote:
ChronoX wrote:A third impact would suck.

I still haven't read DUNE (my bad)... But this reminds me of the situation in a story I'm writing, where a race of what are essentially gods [:cough:Angels!:cough:] live forever in an enclosed environment where it is impossible to die. As a psychological coping mechanism for living in such an awful place (called, ironically enough, Eden), most of them do not have a terribly long-term memory; if you can't even remember what you did past a certain range of time, you can't realize how monotonous your existence is. For those that do retain their memories, their sanity is tenuous at best, and they devote themselves to trying to find SOME way out of Eden... Suffice to say, an environment like that where literally nothing ever happens is hard as hell to write about!

i can see that it would be hard to write about nothing

Return to “Evangelion Chit-Chat”