[LAEM] finally

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

finally

Postby master0rolando » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:59 pm

According to one of the forum members from trivialbeing (a site dedicated to keeping track of
ELAM), named zandor117, who was present at Anime Weekend Atlanta, ADV's David Williams said that the Evangelion live action movie is at last going into production...

According to zandor117

Questioner: "Is there anything new about the EVA movie?"

David Williams: "The EVA movie is now in Production"

Questioner: "Can you tell us the director?"

David Williams: "I am not allowed to say that yet."

those words mean that he knows the director...as in they have a director...good news

Big Panda
Lilith

Postby Big Panda » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 am

Ok.

Or that is another hoax that will make everyone fell a mixed felling of pure love and hate. OR That is true and... everyone will fell a mixed felling of pure love and hate.

Thanks for sharing.

Edit: Somehow, I think I am not the only one that bets on the first...
I guess it's time for a decent sig right? NAHHHHHHHH

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:56 am

In production... whatever. This is what we'll end up getting: Matt Greenfield's New Gospel Evangelion.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby TriLink » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:31 am

This sounds like a load of bull.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:07 am

I call hoax as well. If it was true it would have already been listed on the anime news sites.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:38 am

If this is true (which is porbably isn't) then YAAAY! I really want to see a new Evangelion film. And the fact ADV are making it, means we'll get it before the Japanese.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:37 am

I want to know the director realy really badly
but if this isn't a hoax
YAAY!
>confetti<
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:30 pm

frankly the directors I was hoping for were the Wachowski Bros, but they're busy on Speed Racer I believe....
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Hailtheplatypus
Adam

Postby Hailtheplatypus » Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:36 pm

Although its true David Williams was at Anime Weekend Atlanta I cant find the announcement, so its either fake or wasnt a big announcement. Either way I wouldnt hold my breath.
The fate of distruction is also the joy of rebirth.

EvaCub
Ireul
Ireul

Postby EvaCub » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:26 pm

V wrote:frankly the directors I was hoping for were the Wachowski Bros, but they're busy on Speed Racer I believe....

as in live action speed racer?
My Anime List
Apjak:"Basically, to make an A.T. field gun, you'd have to make a gun that fires Evangelions. Not a very efficient use.
SailorStarDust:"No, everything has SOME meaning to it in Eva!"
Reichu on Sequel Theory:lights bandwagon on fire again:

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 pm

My biggest admirer on this forum (TriLink12) wrote:This sounds like a load of bull.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

Postby chee » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:59 pm

I don't buy it either.

If they REALLY did, unless they're trying to keep things all hush-hush (and it would be hard with a project like this), there would be a whole bunch of announcements popping up.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:09 pm

EvaCub wrote:
V wrote:frankly the directors I was hoping for were the Wachowski Bros, but they're busy on Speed Racer I believe....

as in live action speed racer?
Yep. There's an official website up and everything. They really set their sights high, don't they? I'm guessing they chose it because it was one of the first things to ever use bullet-time.

As for this, I'm hoping it's not true. I think an American Evangelion movie can be done right, but probably not by ADV. There was a time when I thought differently and really wanted it to be made, but that was before Rebuild was ever announced.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:18 pm

NAveryW wrote:I think an American Evangelion movie can be done right, but probably not by ADV.

WIN!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:19 am

NAveryW wrote:I'm guessing they chose it because it was one of the first things to ever use bullet-time.

You mean static images with speed lines behind them?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

perfected_sound
Adam

Postby perfected_sound » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:12 am

BrikHaus wrote:This is what we'll end up getting: Matt Greenfield's New Gospel Evangelion.

Awesome.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:34 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:
NAveryW wrote:I think an American Evangelion movie can be done right, but probably not by ADV.

WIN!
agreed
perfected_sound wrote:
BrikHaus wrote:This is what we'll end up getting: Matt Greenfield's New Gospel Evangelion.

Awesome.
No it's not. Shut up. Or are you being sarcastic?

perfected_sound
Adam

Postby perfected_sound » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:44 am

Oh my god! I'm sorry! I was being SO sarcastic! My awesome was directed at BrikHaus for saying it, not for the hope of it's actual, ungodly existance. So sorry.
Remember that you will die. -persona3

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:45 pm

perfected_sound wrote:Oh my god! I'm sorry! I was being SO sarcastic! My awesome was directed at BrikHaus for saying it, not for the hope of it's actual, ungodly existance. So sorry.
I was kidding too. :P

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:02 pm

BrikHaus wrote:In production... whatever.

Kind of like how it was previously classified as being in both production and pre-production, when it was actually in early stages of development and development hell. It's not true. If it were actually in anything, it would be in pre-production, and if it were, they would be announcing a director, which for a least a year they have asserted would be the next big announcement. Although there is a vague improbable chance that it is in pre-production, and a director is informally attached who can't be named for legal reasons, and is finalizing legal attachment as they go.

Though, in all likelihood, it's probably still stuck in development hell. And I'll bet in the long run, a better movie could be made chronicling the development hell and the fan reaction to this project.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”