This is the worst day ever.

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

[Video Games] This is the worst day ever.

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:07 pm

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070919/ctgs.htm

New MML game confirmed. My greatest dream come true.

Guess what, bitches?

It's a shitty mobile phone game, and because it's for phones, it'll probably never come stateside.

This is the worst day of my life.
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:09 pm

I'm not even a MML fan, and that stung. Ouch.

My sympathies.

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:20 pm

Resident Evil 4...on a cell phone? What the hell?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:25 pm

What is with Japan's unholy obsession with cell phones?

They ruined Parasite Eve with them, and now my favorite game series ever? Oh, fuck that. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Because everyone there uses cellphones all the time, for almost everything. You know those 2 dimensional bar codes you see everywhere on Japanese websites? Those are for your cellphone. Whenever I bought UCC coffee with an Evangelion picture on it, there's this tag stuck on the can with a barcode that you take a picture of using your cellphone, then it takes you to a page where you can play some Evangelion slot machine game and get a wallpaper for your phone if you lose, and some figure or something if you win. On the subway, everyone is either playing cellphone games, text messaging, or reading manga. My friend in Japan didn't even want a cellphone but his work made him buy one because there are websites that you can only get to through a cellphone.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:14 am

Ornette wrote:Because everyone there uses cellphones all the time, for almost everything. You know those 2 dimensional bar codes you see everywhere on Japanese websites? Those are for your cellphone. Whenever I bought UCC coffee with an Evangelion picture on it, there's this tag stuck on the can with a barcode that you take a picture of using your cellphone, then it takes you to a page where you can play some Evangelion slot machine game and get a wallpaper for your phone if you lose, and some figure or something if you win. On the subway, everyone is either playing cellphone games, text messaging, or reading manga. My friend in Japan didn't even want a cellphone but his work made him buy one because there are websites that you can only get to through a cellphone.

You know the more I hear about Japanese culture the less I want to visit the place. (I hate cell phones)

Plus this worries me because I really don't want them doing this with a RPG I like to play. And I can easily see them doing something like this to the Dragon Quest series.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:18 am

Hunter21 wrote:I hate cell phones

The one bit of modern technology where the US is behind the rest of the world in deployment and adoption.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Coded to the Core
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Coded to the Core » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:14 pm

Well Cell phone's ROCK! , Here i can't even get thru a day without calling my friends! Or my GF , And i dont think a person with busy life style can actually without one ! .

I WANNA VISIT Japan NOW!
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Tines-ojichan wrote:

The one bit of modern technology where the US is behind the rest of the world in deployment and adoption.
I blame the FCC :evil:

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:

Until they figure out a way to automatically shut off cell phones in movie theaters and doctors offices (do you know how annoying it is when you're trying to do an exam and some douche bag actually answers his phone?), I hope we stay behind the rest of the world in this regard.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm

Don't blame the FCC, blame the mobile network operator's companies (AT&T, Sprint Nextel, Verizon, , T-Mobile, Alltel, etc) for not willing to use the same technology like Europe and Asia. Every mobile network company in Europe uses GSM, so any phone will work on with any base station's antennae, no matter what company owns it. In Japan, everywhere is either high-speed downlink or some type of 2G technology. But in the states, you have 10 or 15 companies using 10 or so different technologies (some of them overlap across companies). The top 5 carriers use 8 different technologies, meaning they all have to setup base stations all over the place and can't share. Years ago (10+) the telco companies refused to adopt a single set of technologies that would allow them to share base stations, and now, they have this huge overlapping infrastructure that none of them want to give up because they don't want to lose customers but doesn't want to maintain because it costs too much.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:36 am

BrikHaus wrote:Until they figure out a way to automatically shut off cell phones in movie theaters and doctors offices (do you know how annoying it is when you're trying to do an exam and some douche bag actually answers his phone?), I hope we stay behind the rest of the world in this regard.

That is one of the reasons I hate cell phones. People have no manners when they have them. If you are talking to someone face to face you DO NOT stop the conversation to answer your stupid phone.

Plus as "behind" the rest of the world as we are they still have intruded too far into everything in my opinion. I have seen people talking on them while cross country skiing and last year one of my cousins was bored because we hadn't seen a duck fly by for ten minutes so he pulls out his cell phone while we are in a duck blind. The idiot was lucky I didn't shoot his phone.

To me cell phones turn people into pricks as they forget their manners and lose all patience. While I agree they are incredibly helpful tools, espescially in emergencies, they are a pain in the ass in everyday usage.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:01 am

Wow, Resident Evil 4 looks very good on mobile phone!

And, Trigger's Elysium, I feel your pain! I know I'll never get to play Before Crisis: FFVII and Final Fantasy Agito XIII because they are mobile phone in Japan :[
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:51 am

You know my pain, but I don't think you know the intensity.

I haven't heard anything new from the MML game series, my favorite games ever, since the dawn of the millenium. When one finally shows up, this happens.

To be honest though, I suppose this can be a good thing, if it gives MML more exposure. If this is a side story thing, which i'm pretty sure it is, then maybe it'll give way for a real MML3. Still really dissapointing that i'll never play it.

omega_cc
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby omega_cc » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:53 pm

oh....ouch man! at least you can rest assure that they'll get cancer faster than we do. =D

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:23 pm

(Imagines a Metal Gear Solid game for Japanese cellphones only)

NoooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:27 pm

lol.

I believe there has been a MGS game announced for cells exclusively, actually.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:33 pm

WTF!?

At least we're getting MGS4...even though I don't have a PS3, and probably never will. ;_;

Bah. I don't really care about the gameplay, I just want the story.

CyborgZeta
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby CyborgZeta » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:09 pm

This is stupid. If you're going to make a new MML game, then make it for the PS2 or the Wii. Hell, even the DS would be a better platform than the mobile phone.

Sorry, just a little rant.
"Without courage all virtues lose their meaning." - Winston Churchill

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:56 pm

You think you have it bad? I'm still waiting for an English version of Sapphism no Gensou...

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”