How would you introduce Kaworu and Asuka

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

How would you introduce Kaworu and Asuka

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:46 pm

Never mind the stuff about new relationships and other stuff...how would YOU introduce Kaworu and Asuka earlier than they appear in the Anime? If that's going to happen in Rebuild, there are a couple of ways I can think of it happening. Do you have any more?

Asuka-
1. Nigoki is built and assembled in Japan instead of carrying the parts all the way to Germany and back. Asuka comes from Germany as the pilot, but is left out of action due to synchronization problems.

2. Asuka's arrival in Japan is delayed due to concerns for her safety or other reasons, so Nigoki can't be used operationally for a while.

3. Nigoki's synch tests are finished in Germany and it makes an uneventful arrival in Japan (I think the new character, and not Asuka, is the one going to fight Gaghiel)

4. She has fully synched with her Eva, but is sent to Japan as a standby pilot, in case of emergencies.

Kaworu-
1.He comes from Germany as the pilot of Sangoki (Eva-03), with or without a battle with Gaghiel en-route.

2. He comes from the United States as the pilot of Sangoki (Eva-03), with or without a battle with Gaghiel.

3. He's a standby pilot for the Evangelions, and this time, like Rei, he doesn't know everything about who he is (And is in for a big surprise later).

4. He's in Shinji's class as a potential pilot candidate, but is in reality a SEELE spy and infiltrator.

Any other situations in mind?

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:54 pm

- Kaworu -
5.) He's there to act as romantic interest for Shinji. (that's something screaming fapgirls and fem-kaworu nuts can both enjoy)
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:05 pm

Kaworu: (S)he arrives from Germany as a transfer student at Shinji's school, but isn't assigned an Eva [right away?? Maybe in a later Rebuild such as a normal-looking Gogoki or hijacks Nigoki again?]. Instead, Kaworu's assigned to be an Eva Pilot (still the 5th Children someway or another) after Operation Yashima is complete. Obviously still Adam and all that Jazz, though "takes an interest in Ayanami Rei" (no, not necessarily romantic) because he says to himself how they're the same.... ^__^ Kaworu acts like his 24'/EoE counterpart, meaning his sexual orientation isn't mentioned/left ambiguous (I really think people are reading too much into that anyway assuming he's gay.) and that he's Adam. The Past Duel of the Seeds is shown at some point in Rebuild, and towards the end, perhaps there's an indication that Adam and Lilith will watch over things together. ^_^

Asuka: Similar to how we met her in episode 8, she arrives from Germany via Ship. Perhaps she and Kaworu knew each other or at least passed eachother by in Germany? Eitherway, she "affectionately" refers to Kaworu as "Homo-otoko" until The Truth about Kaworu's revealed, kekeke. :twisted: She still lives with Misato and Shinji.
(Speaking of which, where the heck does she live for the week before she moved in with them [in between episodes 8 and 9]? Kaji-san??)
Acts the same as her series/movie counterpart, but perhaps "mellows out" towards or after everything ends, if we get a scene of what happens Post-3I (Her caress included); she and Shinji become happy together. ^_^
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

The Goose
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby The Goose » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:51 pm

Kaworu: Is seen when Shinji arrives at school. His character is devleloped a little and later becomes a pilot.

Asuka: She is seen at the very end of the first film and appears at Mistao's house in the second film.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:28 pm

Kaworu & Asuka: Introduced in second movie.

I can't really see them serving any purpose in the first film except to give fanboys a little hand service.

I'd rather wait for them to have valid and powerful introductions in the later films than just have Asuka shoved in as a silhouette or something at the end of Film 1. Lame.

Film 1 should all be Shinji, Rei, and Misato.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:55 pm

Film 1 should all be Shinji, Rei, and Misato.

You make it good point--it just wouldn't be a Rebuild of Prologue Arc without that.

Though I hope at least one of the things I mentioned would come to pass. :(
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:59 pm

Shinji becomes friends with Asuka's cousin Led, who introduces Shinji to Asuka.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

JP
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby JP » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:30 pm

If Kaworu is still sent by Seele, then his intro should be as vague as possible.

Asuka, to be honest, the same intro as the show would be fine with me.

I guess I just wouldn't make any big changes either way.
The pregnancy is now absolute.

Fearthebait
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fearthebait » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:33 pm

Kaworu:

(Kaworu Enters)
Kaworu: Sup /b/?

On a more serious note, They could always use the Cat scene like in the manga for Kaworu or they could just bring him in randomly like in the show.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!

the3rdchildren
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby the3rdchildren » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:27 pm

If Kaworu is truly going to be in the first movie as he's rumoured to be, I figure it will introduce him just like he's done in the manga. Sitting in his stupid tube homosmiling at SEELE. Right at the end, that smile and the credits roll.

As for Asuka, she's strictly second movie stuff. They could potentially open the second movie right in the action with Eva-02 fighting at sea and then cut back to show it as a video the others are watching... gee, just like the manga again.

Hopefully a lot of the manga stuff will be included in these movies.

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:53 pm

In regards to Kaworu, I assume he'll appear somewhere in the first movie. I really have no idea what his character is going to be like, I'm guessing he will be different from the somewhat maladroit philosopher from episode 24. If it was up to me, he'd show up to Shinji's school and they might meet during lunch/recess/break.

As for Asuka, I liked the concept of a coincidental meeting in the manga. However, I think that Kensuke and Toji's presence in the show and in the manga was largely unfavorable. I think it would be cool to have her and Shinji meet on the train on the way to NERV headquarters. She could get on at a later stop than Shinji (possibly from her hotel) and sit near him and there could be some interaction.

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:04 pm

Kaworu is now officially confirmed as being in the movie (in case you haven't noticed by now) since he's in 2 or 3 of the previews for it. Though, it's only him waking up in bed.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:46 am

Confirmed: Spoilers ahead!

SPOILER: Show
Kaworu appears at the end of the movie, waking up from sort of coffin. He talks with Seele, and expresses a desire to meet Shinji.
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

macattack
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby macattack » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Ayana-Me wrote:
As for Asuka, I liked the concept of a coincidental meeting in the manga. However, I think that Kensuke and Toji's presence in the show and in the manga was largely unfavorable. I think it would be cool to have her and Shinji meet on the train on the way to NERV headquarters. She could get on at a later stop than Shinji (possibly from her hotel) and sit near him and there could be some interaction.

I actually like that idea. Though I admit that Toji and Kensuke's interference in the 'coincedental' meeting was hilarious . . . though that was all it was. Plus it was kind of cool to see Asuka bashing a bunch of thugs' faces in. Maybe that'll make it into the second movie.
This I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual is the more valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, any religion, or any government which limits or destroys the individual.
-John Steinbeck

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:29 pm

How would I introduce Asuka and Kaworu? It would probably involve the two making out. With each other.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:43 pm

I think I'm the only one who would actually agree with you there.

I honestly beleive an Asuka/Kaworu could work.
Normality is overrated

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:49 pm

さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:53 pm

I know. I'm utterly hopeless, aren't I? :(
Normality is overrated

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:54 pm

I'll say. You aren't spelling "Kaworu" right!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Fine, how do you want me to spell it????!!!
Normality is overrated

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”