Will Webuild remove the 'It Just So Happens' part of NGE?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Will Webuild remove the 'It Just So Happens' part of NGE?

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:51 pm

I was thinking about that scene where the transport aircraft for Sangoki (The unfortunate EVA-03, that is) tries to hurry to Japan and flies through a cumulonimbus cloud formation where that scum Bardiel happens to be hiding. Flash! Crackle! Bardiel's made himself home aboard the Eva, and takes control of it without anyone having any idea how he got on board, except for the viewer.

All this would never have happened if the pilot had simply altered his flight path a little, and Bardiel would have probably come in after Zeruel struck, making him the 14th instead of the 13th.

Similarly, how exactly does Ireul enter? Fuyutsuki and the bridge crew mention substandard construction and air bubbles, but why does Ireul come up when he does and then spread so fast? Is that junction between plates where he enters a crack? Same goes for Leliel, who is just...bizarre.

Will Webuild decide to remove these 'it just so happens' sort of events and make it look like someone did something on purpose? Like Bardiel sneaking in inside a thunderstorm and arranging for a lightning strike to stick him to one of the Evas? Or Ireul sneaking in through a confirmed defect in construction? Zeruel having an anti-radar coating? That sort of stuff would add a lot of credibility, methinks.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Will Webuild remove the 'It Just So Happens' part of NGE

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:45 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Zeruel having an anti-radar coating?

A.T. Field Voodoo.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:19 pm

Similarly, how exactly does Ireul enter?

My guess was it was similar to Bardiel's entrance. Someone (if I recall correctly) mentions that there is corrosion on some plates. Perhaps if the plane (or train, whatever is carrying the plates to the Geofront) was enveloped in the same type of cloud, then got struck or whatever. Then it would wait there until they just happened to run the power or hot water through the pipes, then used the energy to grow out of an embryonic form into the adult form [/fanwank]

Same goes for Leliel, who is just...bizarre.

Leliel was just waiting there in embryonic form, then turned into the adult form. What suprises me is that no-one discovered it while they were building Tokyo-3.

Will Webuild decide to remove these 'it just so happens' sort of events and make it look like someone did something on purpose? Like Bardiel sneaking in inside a thunderstorm and arranging for a lightning strike to stick him to one of the Evas? Or Ireul sneaking in through a confirmed defect in construction? Zeruel having an anti-radar coating? That sort of stuff would add a lot of credibility, methinks.

Yeah, I would like some more information than the poorly constructed theory I had.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:32 am

CorporalChaos wrote:Leliel was just waiting there in embryonic form, then turned into the adult form. What suprises me is that no-one discovered it while they were building Tokyo-3.

Well, it DID have the ability to disappear and reappear out of nowhere. I always assumed it just appeared out of nowhere like they had said.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:51 am

Reichu wrote:A.T. Field Voodoo.

It's always that. :evil: That's EXACTLY what I hope won't come in Rebuild.

If it comes, well, never mind, I guess. Anno is Anno. :roll:

Ayana-Me
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Ayana-Me » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:51 am

UrsusArctos wrote:Bardiel's made himself home aboard the Eva, and takes control of it without anyone having any idea how he got on board, except for the viewer.

Yeah, they should also explain his stretchy arms.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:53 am

Maybe he's a symbiote, like Venom in Spider-Man 3? He starts off as a fungus, and then merges with the Eva, and by joining with it, he dies when the Eva dies (When Sho rips it apart). He mutates the arms as a convenience...but I guess they worked out the other way in the end.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”