[Film] Movie Recommendation Thread

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:39 am

Little Miss Sunshine

The summation of my review (soon to be on Amazon):

Little Miss Sunshine was simply a treat. An honest portrayal of dysfunction and family dynamics with clear insight into the characters that drive it. It could be called a dramedy, but to label it as either "comedy" or "drama" is missing the point. Like some say The Godfather isn't about drama or violence, it's about family: So is Little Miss Sunshine. Featuring outstanding dialogue, a well constructed narrative and an ensamble cast performance not to be missed, its one of the best and most surprising recent film I've seen.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:26 pm

Live Free or Die Hard

Pretty good. Lots of action, although lacking in plausability. I do think it is the weakest of the four movies. Nevertheless, the action is solid, and if you are a Die Hard fan you should check it out.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Film and Video”