Ramiel versus Zeruel

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Ramiel versus Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:17 am

Which angel do you think would demolish the other, if both got into a fight? Zer's got the attitude and the mercilessness, Rami is clinical, precise, and unwaveringly brutal.

(Gah, I can't set up polls yet. I guess it has to be a forum-based grudge match...)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Ramiel versus Zeruel (poll)

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:34 am

Polls are disabled in this forum. Monkey doesn't like them.

Well, hmm, it's hard to say. Zer can make those badass cross-shaped explosions that can penetrate the Geofront in one go, but Ramiel also has an ATF. If Zeruel could get through it from a distance, he'd be fine. If he had to get up closer, he might be in trouble. "EAT MY HEAT RAY OF DEATH!!!" Zeruel isn't exactly the most mobile guy around, and we never really see how even badass ATFs hold up against that ray.

Not that it would be a problem for Wild 'n' Crazy Yui.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 am

Add the fact that Ramiel can shoot a long way and even pick up targets before they reach the surface, Zeruel might have that heat ray heading for him before he charges up those mighty optic blasts of his...

I really wonder how the awakened Yui-sama would deal with Ramiel, since Zeruel seems a little slow with his blasts. He doesn't try to shoot her a second time and get rid of her once and for all once she's awakened and ripped his arm off, and tries to fire when he's at the brink of death...and off goes his head. He's foolish. Or his blasts have a large cooldown time. Or both.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:58 am

quantifiably, Zeruel's energy blast was more powerful than Ramiel's. It could easily blow off an Eva's arm and blasted through 18 of 22 armor layers in a single shot.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:Add the fact that Ramiel can shoot a long way and even pick up targets before they reach the surface, Zeruel might have that heat ray heading for him before he charges up those mighty optic blasts of his...

Ramiel has to charge up, as well -- you can see this happening before ve shoots EVA-01.

I really wonder how the awakened Yui-sama would deal with Ramiel

She's much faster than Zeruel, and her ATF is pretty badass, both defensively and offensively. She can do the cross-shaped blasts, as well. If not dispense of Ramiel from a distance, get close in (where the ray would be useless) and do some of her magic.

since Zeruel seems a little slow with his blasts.

He does two types, though. There are the ones that set off the eye halations and produce the cross-shaped pillars (also used by Sachiel and Israfel, with variations from two Evas), and it seems like these can be set off fairly spontaneously. (Though there may be a potential "down time" in between shots.) For some reason, Zeruel isn't seen using this in close quarters, unlike Sachiel, who produced a ground-crawling version. He does that focused eye beam instead, which he needs to (somewhat inconveniently) charge up.

He doesn't try to shoot her a second time <snip>

I get this sense that Zeruel had lost all sense of calm efficiency and submitted to panic and fear at that point. Actually, I think he started losing it as soon as Sho took him by surprise, and he decided to stick around and try killing her once she was down, instead of just going ahead with his business.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:26 pm

Even with Ramiel's (longer) charge-up time, Ramiel can targets before they can see him or even come from underground. The charge-up time is irrelevant if Zer's too far off to send his own blasts.

Shogoki and Nigoki only do the cross-shaped blasts in EoE, if I remember correctly. Why and how Nigoki set off that blast makes no sense, and Shogoki conveniently blew off the pyramid on top and was set for Godhood, S2 and all.

I wonder why she didn't do her ATF badassery on Ramiel instead...do you suppose Ramiel would've met Zeruel's fate if he came as the fourteenth angel instead?

You're right, Zeruel was a moron. Why try using the toilet paper of doom instead of another explosion to kill her, or even try to kill her at all? He could've gone back to his usual demolition, no problemo. Well, Yui-sama must've been grateful for his foolishness. :twisted:

EDIT: Speaking of Sachiel, doesn't he suddenly seem a lot more powerful than before? His cross-blasts blew through the geofront's roof too! Did Yui stop his blast with ATF magic again(I thought that blast was because she'd negated his AT field)? Judging from the way Zeruel blew off the armor and Ramiel boiled Shinji even with the armor on, there should've been a lot of damage. There isn't.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:23 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:The charge-up time is irrelevant if Zer's too far off to send his own blasts.

What's Zer's range?

Shogoki and Nigoki only do the cross-shaped blasts in EoE, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, but there was nothing intrinsically different about Yui then than there was at the end of #19. And if EVA-02 could do it, then it's just a latent Eva power that they decided not to show us until that point.

Why and how Nigoki set off that blast makes no sense

Why: Because it looks cool, explosion, and visual parallelism.

How: She's part of Adam's Family.

I wonder why she didn't do her ATF badassery on Ramiel instead...

Too early in the show.

do you suppose Ramiel would've met Zeruel's fate if he came as the fourteenth angel instead?

Sounds like getting at Ramiel's core and eating the contents would cost too much to animate. ;)

You're right, Zeruel was a moron.

I don't think he's a "moron" per se. I just think he's... human?

Why try using the toilet paper of doom instead of another explosion to kill her, or even try to kill her at all? He could've gone back to his usual demolition, no problemo.

"Oooooo, bitch, you've really pissed me off!! I let those other Mama-wannabes live, but you won't be so lucky. Roasting Lilim at point-blank range can wait! The Mission can wait! And to hell with efficiency! I'm going to do this SLOW and HARD -- and get off on every fucking second!" :BAM!: :BAM!: :BAM!: etc.

Speaking of Sachiel, doesn't he suddenly seem a lot more powerful than before? His cross-blasts blew through the geofront's roof too! Did Yui stop his blast with ATF magic again?

The one that crawls along the ground? Well, they don't really say, but she does seem to be joyfully oblivious to it, doesn't she?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:20 am

Reichu wrote:What's Zer's range?

Good point. I assume that Ramiel can see and shoot further than Zer, but maybe it's because I'm biased towards the flying monolith. I guess blast power comes in the same category as an Eva's height- inherently meaningless. (AT fields are a different matter entirely)

Yeah, but there was nothing intrinsically different about Yui then than there was at the end of #19. And if EVA-02 could do it, then it's just a latent Eva power that they decided not to show us until that point.

Tsk, tsk. Silly Evas. Why not kick angel butt with cross-blasts? I guess they're human after all...

How: She's part of Adam's Family.

That made me think of the Addams Family...(Lurch's moan) UUHHHHHH! :lol: Big Momma herself would do a lot more ass-kicking than the kiddos if she were back in her old body... 8)

Sounds like getting at Ramiel's core and eating the contents would cost too much to animate. ;)

True. :)

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:52 pm

hmm i wonder ram's blades on his (idano if ramiels a dude or a gal) hands/arms can stay extended, something like a zealot's energy blades, for those who've played starcraft.

anyways, if he can keep his blades extended and get to a distance where he can slice zer's arms off like shogouki, then it might be possible to defeat zeruel. or maybe thats too unnecessary. i need to look at the ramiel episodes again.

also, if things get dicey, he can self-destruct and destroy both himself and zeruel, if zer's armor doesn't hold up....hmmm very interesting thread :P
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Snowshadow Falcon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Snowshadow Falcon » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:07 pm

I think someone is getting the Angles mixed up again. :P
This signature is currently undergoing maintenance...Check back for updates in the near future!

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:53 pm

Snowshadow Falcon wrote:I think someone is getting the Angles mixed up again. :P

Do you know the difference between acute, obtuse, and right?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Snowshadow Falcon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Snowshadow Falcon » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:56 pm

:lol:
For a second, I thought I really did make a typo.
This signature is currently undergoing maintenance...Check back for updates in the near future!

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:14 am

Whoa, I thought I knew a fair amount of stuff about Eva - then I found this site, and turns out: I really don't know all that much beyond the blatentely obvious about the series :(

What's all this about Yui? IIRC, the role she played in the anime was nowhere as large as a lot of people here seem to say it was. Perhaps it's just some kind of EvaMonkey in-joke? If not, I'd really appreciate if someone could enlighten me or at least point me in the direction of enlightenment (by linking to another thread). Also, what was the Divinity Trinity? I think that 'trinity' included Yui. Gah! Evangelion = EVEN MORE confusing than I originally thought it was!

ANYWAY, as for the question posed. Zeruel would totally own Ramiel, and pretty much every other Angel for that matter (with the exception of Arael, who he probably wouldn't be able to reach).

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:30 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:What's all this about Yui? IIRC, the role she played in the anime was nowhere as large as a lot of people here seem to say it was.

Yui-sama is pretty much the main character, even though she lets Shinji think he is doing stuff (to help boost what little ego he has).

I do think her fashion sense went a bit downhill after 2004, though. Green does not really go with her favourite colour, purple.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:37 pm

@ CitizenGeek Your right they are just some Yui fans around here with active imaginations.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:24 pm

DatDude wrote:@ CitizenGeek Your right they are just some Yui fans around here with active imaginations.

I know that the soul of Yui was in Eva 01, but even at that it, she didn't play that big of a role at all.

So, this Yui stuff is all just one big in-joke by some hyperactive Yui fans?
Last edited by CitizenGeek on Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:38 pm

CitizenGeek wrote:
So, this Yui stuff is all just one big in-joke by some hyperactive Yui fans?

Well, she's like the man behind the curtain imo. She does all the dirty work.
Especially in EoE.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm

Yui being in Eva is help things according to HER scenario so she can stop Seele from causing THEIR version of Instrumentality.

Basically she's one of those characters that we know nearly anything about, but is actually most aware of what's going on, especially when planning things.

...Kinda like Rei in some ways.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:11 pm

the_seventh_child wrote:Well, she's like the man behind the curtain imo.

Like the Wizard of Oz, only with armour-plating.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Yui is the Mary Sue character of Evangelion. She was perfect, everyone loved her, was a wonderful mother, all powerful, all knowing, yadda yadda yadda.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”