Transformers

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Transformers

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:53 pm

Was awesome!!!!! Just saw it today.

I was invited as a VIP to see it before they released it on 7/4th.

The autobots looked... awesome! Very realistic looking.

I sure as hell can't wait to see what they're capable of doing if they decide to do Live action Eva.
"The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth"
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/willaym
Website to my NGE Essay: http://opteron-o3.angelfire.com/index.html

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Re: Transformers

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:18 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:I sure as hell can't wait to see what they're capable of doing if they decide to do Live action Eva.

I can see it now. Live Action Eva... A Michael Bay Production of a Uwe Boll film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson. I can't wait.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Malichinari
Embryo

Postby Malichinari » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:19 pm

I can't wait to see it. I get excited when I see a commercial for it. Looking at the graphics quality, live action Eva would be incredible.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:21 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:I sure as hell can't wait to see what they're capable of doing if they decide to do Live action Eva.

I can see it now. Live Action Eva... A Michael Bay Production of a Uwe Boll film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson. I can't wait.

Wasn't aiming for the directors.

Graphics wise was incredible.
"The need is the justification, there are no other factors to consider."- Gendo Ikari

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:Wasn't aiming for the directors.

Oh I know. It's just that whenever someone mentions live action anime films I have to bring out my "Horsemen of the Film-making Apocalypse." Unfortunately, I only have three at the moment. I need one more to finally unleash doom upon the Earth.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:51 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:Wasn't aiming for the directors.

Oh I know. It's just that whenever someone mentions live action anime films I have to bring out my "Horsemen of the Film-making Apocalypse." Unfortunately, I only have three at the moment. I need one more to finally unleash doom upon the Earth.

Lets hope you never find him... :P

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:11 am

BrikHaus wrote:A Michael Bay Production of a Uwe Boll film, written by Paul W.S. Anderson. I can't wait.
The HORROR! Oh, Please Lord Eva-God, NOOOOOOOOO!!!

:shock:

The horror....
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Trigger's Elysium
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Trigger's Elysium » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:14 am

Brik, what about Michael Moore?

EDIT: Oh yeah, he DID do Bowling for Columbine. Which was a great documentary. Well, how about Mel Gibson? Good actor, terrible directing ability. But, I think I can come up with worse than that...
He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man. There is no measuring Muad'Dib's motives by ordinary standards. In the moment of his triumph, he saw the death prepared for him, yet he accepted the treachery. Can you say he did this out of a sense of justice? Whose justice, then? Remember, we speak now of the Muad'Dib who ordered battle drums made from his enemies' skins, the Muad'Dib who denied the conventions of his ducal past with a wave of the hand, saying merely: "I am the Kwisatz Haderach. That is reason enough."

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Mundane » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:36 am

That fat shit couldn't direct to save his life, if it's the Michael Moore I'm thinking.

Sorry if anybody likes Michael Moore, but I can't stand him.

Anyway, Uwe Boll, BAD BAD BAD.

I REALLY want to see this movie.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:41 am

The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse:

Uwe Boll
Paul WS Anderson
Ron Howard
Edward Zwick

*I give Michael Bay a pass because the man makes loud, dumb, passable entertainment films that other than "Pearl Harbor" and "Bad Boys II" really do no one any harm. Except your intelligence. Actually I'm stoked to see "Transformers". A stupid toyline turned into a loud stupid (but fun) action movie. Sadly it's success at the BO will cause a live action EVA to happen. Oh well, can't stop it now.

WHY THEY BAD:
Uwe Boll- Because he's Uwe Boll.

Paul WS Anderson- The man raped the brilliant Alien series with "AVP:Alien Vs. Predator" and actually had the balls to call Alien 3 and Reusurrection shitty disrespectful Alien films.

Ron Howard- He's a pussified Spielberg who has given us some of the most sickenly sappy moments in film history. His whole career only has one good movie- "BackDraft". Sadly in what little news we know apparently Ronnie Boy is a frontrunner to do Eva. Complete with Tom Hanks as a teary Kaji.

Edward Zwick- the man makes racist shit? How can I be the only one who sees that? Oh, Tom Cruise is the white hero in Japan. Oh, Leo DiCaprio with his bad accent has to save those poor Africans.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:48 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:
Edward Zwick- the man makes racist shit? How can I be the only one who sees that? Oh, Tom Cruise is the white hero in Japan. Oh, Leo DiCaprio with his bad accent has to save those poor Africans.
I just don't agree here. I think Zwick's only problem is his films are a bit to patronizing and... shall I say, glossy? He tends to make period films, but he really dresses them up too much. And like with Blood Diamond, by the end you just get the feeling he was trying to hammer in our heads that "we all have to do our part to save Africa. DON'T BUY THOSE BAD DIAMONDS AUDIENCE!" Which is kind of a shame because otherwise it's a really well made film (though of all the criticisms, we can't really accuse DiCaprio of "saving" them - he was trying to profit from them). The Last Samurai had its problems, but it was wholly enjoyable I thought.

Despite all the negatives I could say about him, Glory is still probably my all time favorite war movie (not counting Apocalypse Now). Sappy and too slick, maybe - but I still think it's absolutely superb.

And while I'm not the biggest Ron Howard fan, I thought A Beautiful Mind and Cinderella Man were good.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:21 am

Btw, the way the autobots transformed from car to robot was totally superb! Just like the cartoon!

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:29 pm

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1977

Everytime you create a duplicate thread, Kaworu kills a kitten.

Return to “Film and Video”