Evangelion-themed Buses in Hakone

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Evangelion-themed Buses in Hakone

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun May 26, 2013 1:17 am

だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun May 26, 2013 3:55 am

I wonder why Hakone would do that : I never saw a show mistreating so much the city were it take place, in every continuity Tokyo-3/Hakone ends up pulverized! :lol:

On a side not, I just love how the Japanese make all these Evangelion 3.0 themed products and events, yet every character is in its 2.0 attire!
Not a single trace of eyepatch Asuka, Kuronami, Captain Némo!Misato or the new plugsuits! :tongue:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Veefy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Veefy » Mon May 27, 2013 7:10 am

picture as the link seems to be down..

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 28, 2013 12:52 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:On a side not, I just love how the Japanese make all these Evangelion 3.0 themed products and events, yet every character is in its 2.0 attire!
Not a single trace of eyepatch Asuka, Kuronami, Captain Némo!Misato or the new plugsuits! :tongue:

Odd huh, since the movie is out on BD/DVD. Or the new appearances are too spoilerific?
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 28, 2013 2:53 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:Odd huh, since the movie is out on BD/DVD. Or the new appearances are too spoilerific?

My take is that it had to do with Asuka : Japanese people don't dig chicks with eyepatches, and they can't put everyone in their 3.0 attire except her.
As for the adults, Kaji is MIA, Gendo lost much of his sexiness with his Cyclops visor, Fuyutsuki is almost bald, Ritsuko have now an haircut made with a chainsaw and Misato became as cold as a block of ice and seems to have forgotten the mere meaning of the word "fanservice"... yeah 3.0 is hard for marketing!
Although I would have imagined some advertising with Sakura, I'm curious to see what she looks like outside of her uniform.
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Tue May 28, 2013 3:14 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Although I would have imagined some advertising with Sakura, I'm curious to see what she looks like outside of her uniform.

I think a few people would like to see that. :shifty: Sakura is too new though.

Newtype June 2011 does have Asuka with the eyepatch holding the Spear of Cassius, that was spoiling already. Maybe something with the left side of her face shadowed or obscured.
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue May 28, 2013 4:10 pm

View Original PostAR-99 wrote:I think a few people would like to see that. :shifty: Sakura is too new though.

Newtype June 2011 does have Asuka with the eyepatch holding the Spear of Cassius, that was spoiling already. Maybe something with the left side of her face shadowed or obscured.

A Cassius spear that wasn't even accurate... :D

I wonder how many time will we have to wait until we see some Sakura advertising : she's not as physically young as the pilots, but not as old as Misato and the other adults...
I think I just got another reason why we don't have advertising with the character in their 3.0 attire : even if they look 14, Asuka and Mari are actually 28 years old(Kaworu maybe too?), and Rei isn't even "our" Rei, it will be hard for the customers to get past that fact, and these four are the main product sellers!

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Toys of these are available, although they are small (4.0cm height, 14.5cm × 3.0cm for width and Length), with a weight of 302.5 g.

[URL=http://imgur.com/zppNWTl]Image[/URL]

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”