Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:02 pm

View Original PostVolume11 wrote:And if this set is anything like most of the smaller blind box sets like the kubricks it will have one figure that is only one per box or worse. I usually just wait and buy sets for blind boxed series because the only reason you would buy a carton of 12 or a case of 48 would be to get chase figures and you end up spending more than you would while having doubles of easy to get figures that no one wants.

If anything i'll just buy a complete set of 12 figures on Ebay. Buying the whole box of trading figures which were meant to be displayed in a store, would leave me with useless doubles. Unless of course your interested in selling those said double figures.

Arael perhaps you could post some of those double figures you dont need for sale here at Evageeks? Im sure someone here would want some of them for a decent price. ;)

@Arael. That was a pretty weak jab there with regards to wishing for better Angel figures. In recent years we have gotten some better Angel figures. Most of them I'll remind you were designed and released by Bandai. I havent seen Kaiyodo release too many figures aside from Sachiel. So my wish aint so far fetched really. It can and probably will be realized sometime in the near future.

What does remain fact is your naivity towards abstaining from getting a superior designed product. Especially putting it off for that long. Im not even sure whether you'll still maintain a presence here in 2-3 years time.
Last edited by Electric Sachiel on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:05 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:Arael perhaps you could post some of those double figures you dont need for sale here at Evageeks? Im sure someone here would want some of them for a decent price. ;)

What did you think I was gonna do?
I can just imagine this auction: a Rebuild Zeruel figure!!!
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:18 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:What did you think I was gonna do?
I can just imagine this auction: a Rebuild Zeruel figure!!!

Store them in a climate controlled area while you obsess over your Revoltechs? :hahaha:

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:21 pm

^
We'll se whose figures are in better shape in 2 years!
[turn back]
My precious...

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:27 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:^
We'll se whose figures are in better shape in 2 years!
[turn back]
My precious...

I have my figures stored in closed glass cases in a fully finished basement that has window treatments that block 80% of the sunlight and a dehumidifier thats always running. Plus, I live in Denver where its a mild and dry climate...and I don't buy revoltechs so I don't have to worry about the gummy and soft plastic they use melting and losing color if you hold it in you hand for a few seconds.

Back on topic. I also collect Kubricks and Be@rs. What do you all think of those lines in general and in context to Evangelion.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:32 pm

View Original PostVolume11 wrote:I don't buy revoltechs so I don't have to worry about the gummy and soft plastic they use melting and losing color if you hold it in you hand for a few seconds.

I guess I'll play defense for Arael this time. Not sure why but what the hey.... You'd be wrong with the gloss melting. The more recent Revoltech Evas releases have improved upon their PVC and gloss applications/QC issues and for the most part dont melt anymore. All the Revoltechs i currently own from the 2.0 generation have yet to melt. Despite their sloppy paint and gloss application they have yet to melt.

Which is a good thing. I hate sticky figures....

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:51 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I guess I'll play defense for Arael this time. Not sure why but what the hey.... You'd be wrong with the gloss melting. The more recent Revoltech Evas releases have improved upon their PVC and gloss applications/QC issues and for the most part dont melt anymore. All the Revoltechs i currently own from the 2.0 generation have yet to melt. Despite their sloppy paint and gloss application they have yet to melt.

Which is a good thing. I hate sticky figures....

Cool. Hopefully by 3.0 they can get the good paint apps down and by 4.0 they can get those "old fashioned" chunky, curved, and out of proportion sculpts corrected. Then they can revisit the rebuild line and work on making them stand properly without the help of a display stand. When they ace that they can re-release the entire line as it should have been initially...and after the die hard rev fans have spent a few grand to get that awesome set we'll look at our RDs that we only had to buy once. And all will be content. Im kidding despite the lack of a emoticon.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 pm

View Original PostVolume11 wrote:Cool. Hopefully by 3.0 they can get the good paint apps down and by 4.0 they can get those "old fashioned" chunky, curved, and out of proportion sculpts corrected. Then they can revisit the rebuild line and work on making them stand properly without the help of a display stand. When they ace that they can re-release the entire line as it should have been initially...and after the die hard rev fans have spent a few grand to get that awesome set we'll look at our RDs that we only had to buy once. And all will be content. Im kidding despite the lack of a emoticon.

I get you. Honestly though, we'll have to see. 2-3 years is a big time slot to see the Revoltech Evas improve. Perhaps Kaiyodo will surprise us. IN any case i will save our discussion here and if Kaiyodo fails to deliver, as well as considering if Arael is still here within 2-3 years time, i'll bring this back up and say...."Told ya so"

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:01 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I get you. Honestly though, we'll have to see. 2-3 years is a big time slot to see the Revoltech Evas improve. Perhaps Kaiyodo will surprise us. IN any case i will save our discussion here and if Kaiyodo fails to deliver, as well as considering if Arael is still here within 2-3 years time, i'll bring this back up and say...."Told ya so"

God dammit...

And Revos are not badly sculpted... At least they don't have Toot Braunstein's hips...

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:24 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:God dammit...

And Revos are not badly sculpted... At least they don't have Toot Braunstein's hips...

No, but they do have bulbous rev joints that are essentially limited and fragile ball joints sans the smooth and inlimited range of motion, chunky cheese curl thighs, terrible proportions, sloppy paint apps, varying quality depending on the figure, wonky heads (check the dent on one of the photos posted a few pages back of evo unit 01), and the inability to stand easily w/o having a stand.

They are cheaper though. :butbutbut: :w00:

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:28 pm

Really? Not badly sculpted? Which then would you say is more film accurate then?

RD Eva 03

Revoltech Eva 03

You be the judge. If your as big of an Eva fan as i think you are....then the answer is obvious which figure's head sculpt is more accurate.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:33 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:You be the judge. If your as big of an Eva fan as i think you are....then the answer is obvious which figure's head sculpt is more accurate.

Now don't you put words in my mouth...
When have I said anything about sculp?
I've repeatedly said that sculpt in RD's is better but that the hips are fugly...
When it comes to proportions, I like much better Revos (except for Eva 01 and 00 from the 1.0 mold)

Read the whole thread and you'll never read me saying Revos are better... Only that I prefer them over RD...
Now, can we put this thrilled, f*cked up discussion aside once and for all?

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:49 pm

View Original Postarael wrote:Now don't you put words in my mouth...
When have I said anything about sculp?
I've repeatedly said that sculpt in RD's is better but that the hips are fugly...
When it comes to proportions, I like much better Revos (except for Eva 01 and 00 from the 1.0 mold)

Read the whole thread and you'll never read me saying Revos are better... Only that I prefer them over RD...
Now, can we put this thrilled, f*cked up discussion aside once and for all?

Heh....this discussion....will end when we stop jabbing each other about both figure line's deficiencies. Honestly im only responding to your comments about RD. Recently anyways. Your last three posts kind of piqued by interest since your mouthing off against RD.

Example:

I rest my case. And in terms of sculpt, I'd say the worst 2.0 sculpt in the Revoltech line has to be Unit 03. It looks terrible. Especially when you look at it head-on and or try to open his mouth. Mind you this is without any comparisons with RD Eva. I thought it was somewhat unfaithful when i first got it. Luckily the new Evo Eva seems to have improved the sculpt significantly.

Agree to that Arael and we can call it a day. ;)

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Well Revos are not that much cheaper then RDs,you cut out middlemen services and aftermarket prices and your left with a retail of about 45$ for a Ex RD.Us foreigners gotta dish out extra to get them(Which does suck)with middlemen fees or "Gasp" Ebay if you miss out on preorder.

Example(preordered)RD03 45$+Middleman 20$=65$ which is what I got it for

@Arael If you buy a case though you're garanteed a set though right?I remember buying boxes of baseball,marvel and xmen cards and always getting atleast 1 full set.Well in any case I bet your chances of getting a full set is high anyway.

Oh and one quick thing about EvaEvos,the small ass hand revo joints although better then the pegs are really fragile mine are starting to get loose already......
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Again late to the party but let's not defend Bandai with exclusives, they are pretty assholes when it comes to it. It's not only the RD line that suffers from this, most of their lines have this kind of shit, like Myth Cloths, Figuarts, etc....

Problem is it is more noticeable with the evangelion franchise because there are not a whole lot of mechas, and those that exist, half of them are exclusives when they should be normal releases.

Anger aside (I cannot be angry when my beautiful Hades is coming :drool: ), I hope that I can get hold of unit 01 when it releases. Yesterday I did a list and I'm missing 39 myth cloths, and all of them are easily beyond the 40 bucks mark, and those are the cheap ones, so I don't know where I'll get the money for my 01....

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:07 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:Oh and one quick thing about EvaEvos,the small ass hand revo joints although better then the pegs are really fragile mine are starting to get loose already......

Really? How much have you posed your Evas? The very first Revoltech Evas I got still have their small revolver joints intact. Im surprised that your new Eva Evo's wrist joints are worn out already? As long as they dont crack in half it should be ok. Even RD Evas get loose joints if you play with them too much.

Volume11
Adam

Postby Volume11 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:11 pm

View Original PostShinies wrote:Again late to the party but let's not defend Bandai with exclusives, they are pretty assholes when it comes to it. It's not only the RD line that suffers from this, most of their lines have this kind of shit, like Myth Cloths, Figuarts, etc....

Problem is it is more noticeable with the evangelion franchise because there are not a whole lot of mechas, and those that exist, half of them are exclusives when they should be normal releases.

Anger aside (I cannot be angry when my beautiful Hades is coming :drool: ), I hope that I can get hold of unit 01 when it releases. Yesterday I did a list and I'm missing 39 myth cloths, and all of them are easily beyond the 40 bucks mark, and those are the cheap ones, so I don't know where I'll get the money for my 01....

They aren't exclusive or limited in the sense you are complaining about. Its more like web only but open to anyone and with a limit of 24 awakened unit 1s per customer its hardly being produced in limited quantities. What makes the situation frustrating and drives up the price for is that they only sell to Japanese residents. And while I wish it were different they are mainly Japanese company selling a Japanese toy from. Japananese franchise. Its hard to fault them for that. And as I brought up earlier we dont know what constraints were put on them by Gainax.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby SEELE-01 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:18 pm

View Original Postshaneva002 wrote:@Arael If you buy a case though you're garanteed a set though right?I remember buying boxes of baseball,marvel and xmen cards and always getting atleast 1 full set.Well in any case I bet your chances of getting a full set is high anyway.

Well... No, first, cuz there are 16 figures in the set, the box only has 12... Second, they're randomly packed, there's no way to know if 2 or 3 of the same figure will be in the same package...
When you consider that I only want 5 or 6, then the chances become thinner... For all I know, I could get the 0ther 10 and only 2 of those I really want, buy hey! That's the fun part of those sets... That and the LCL (orange) flavoured chewing gum...

shaneva002
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby shaneva002 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:18 pm

Well as much as I hate Bandai for the massive amounts of exclusives its actually smart on their behalf(Remember the Japan community and everyone living in it are not being hurt by this,they get to pay retail for their Exclusives,like around 45$ each)You see when they do an exclusive of a caracter(usually ones that are not real popular,had less screen time in their respective cannon,multi forms and mostly proven shelfwarmers like eva unit 00)they are garanteed to make all their money back cause they make exclusives per order,meaning if by preorder end date only 1456 amount of orders are made for a certain exclusive then only 1456 are gonna be made and thus the potential to lose money from shelfwarmers is avoided.YES,it sucks for us living outside Japan but its very smart for bandai its obvouslly working for them so theres no reason to stop......
Internet elitists suck,ya you know who you are.

Shinies
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Shinies » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Well that kinda makes them exclusives, to the Japanese market at least. And though they are Japanese franchises and they may be right to sell them primarly to their Japanese fellow is kinda stupid that you ignore a worldwide market.

I mean is not like Evangelion (or many other series) are just popular there, for example, the Saint Seiya series are freaking popular in Spain, France and most of Latin America, they have a huuuuuge following, rivaling the Japanese fandom, and though some products come here, any self respecting collector know that you either import your figures or you are pretty much left out because the ones that get to your country are few and not the whole range.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”