Eva Action Figures [2]

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Strings
Embryo

Postby Strings » Tue May 07, 2013 5:33 pm

View Original PostJinroh wrote:I wanted to buy RAH unit 01 and 02 but it's out of stock everywhere and the prices are insane :(

I didn't know they released an awakened unit 01.

If some of you guys have good plans to acquire them, please share.

Awakened 01 was a wondercon exclusive. I believe only 300 of them were made for the event so prices are going to be steeper than the others due to its limited production. I found a few on ebay for a whopping $500+. Being convinced that I wasn't going to find them elsewhere, I caved in and picked one up off the site. :uhh:

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Tue May 07, 2013 5:49 pm

I see. I can't find the others for less than 350$ though :( I just can't spend that much money on a figure, even my Gundam perfect grade are cheaper.

I mean for that price you can buy a graphic card or a console...

Killer Bee
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

3430 yen of thick sloppy paint right down my wallet

Postby Killer Bee » Tue May 07, 2013 7:47 pm

When I watched 3.0 (both the camrip and BD) I didn't even notice 02 and 08 got completely revamped for the final scene, so imagine my surprise when I saw pics of Revoltech 08β and 02γ! Made me feel really stupid that I didn't notice it during the movie. Anyway, I really hate Revoltechs. First and last Revoltech Eva I got was Awakened 01 and while I was impressed at the time, it was my first Japanese figure and after I became more familiar with the hobby I realized just how bad they were. So I never bought another one.

It's been three years since then and I really, really want an Eva-08 figure. I thought it looked stupid at first but its design really grew on me, especially after I saw 08β. So since I can't afford the RAH, I just pre-ordered Revoltech 08α and plan to get Mark.09 and 08β too. Honestly I'm kind of excited to see how much better the Revoltech Evas have gotten in almost 4 years... but I'm a little scared of being disappointed again, too.

By the way, the same company that makes RAHs, Medicom, have started a line of 6-inch figures called Mafex. They've only announced Spiderman and Batman so far but I'm REALLY hoping they make Evas because they look amazing. They're cheaper than the newest Revoltechs, too.

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: 3430 yen of thick sloppy paint right down my wallet

Postby SEELE-01 » Tue May 07, 2013 9:22 pm

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:Anyway, I really hate Revoltechs

Infidel!
:inquisition:

(first time I see use for that emoticon)

View Original PostKiller Bee wrote:I just pre-ordered Revoltech 08α and plan to get Mark.09 and 08β too.

Everyone comes crawling back :tongue:

Also, @ElMariachi, thank you, but I asked that over 5 months ago :lol:
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Tue May 07, 2013 10:13 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:It's the easy choice.

2beta is old body with a new arm+half head, so mostly rehash.
2gamma is same body as this but multiple sets of the right arm.

Putting this out first lets you test the new body without having the imbalance of different arms and asymmetrical head affecting your judgement.

Well going with 2b or 2g would've been just as easy choice(perhaps easier since head sculpting simply requires some modification to the original) and arguably would've been more popular than unit 8. Either way, still would like to see 13 at some point from RAH.

Redtophat
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby Redtophat » Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Ohhhh man, that Mark 09, i'm sold.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 08, 2013 3:39 am

Eva-08β RAH looks incredible! I'm with others in saying it's surprising they're jumping from 02 to 08β but it makes sense; it's going to be a popular seller for sure!

Unfortunately this could also be a sign that they're cherry picking units as opposed to doing releases for each significant Eva...

View Original PostStrings wrote:However, if Medicom opted for mark 09 instead of unit 00, I'd be crushed.

Crazy talk. The Mark.09 is infinitely more awesome. Really, REALLY hoping Medicom give it a RAH release, as well as the Mark.06 - They're, hands down, my two absolute favourites!
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Wed May 08, 2013 4:06 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Eva-08β RAH looks incredible! I'm with others in saying it's surprising they're jumping from 02 to 08β but it makes sense; it's going to be a popular seller for sure!

It would? Considering that it has barely any screen time...I am thinking the other way around. 02 has way more screen time plus more kick-ass-scenes if you will.

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 08, 2013 4:28 am

Screen-time ≠ popularity necessarily. Eva-08's already a fan-favourite and they would also be capitalising on Q's commercial success, I guess.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 08, 2013 5:04 am

You know, I'm still wondering why they bothered to create EVA-08α, we only see it for 4-5 seconds at the beginning of the movie!
I wonder who will be the first company who will tray to sell it...
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Psychodrake
Embryo

Postby Psychodrake » Wed May 08, 2013 7:37 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:You know, I'm still wondering why they bothered to create EVA-08α, we only see it for 4-5 seconds at the beginning of the movie!
I wonder who will be the first company who will tray to sell it...

I think Revoltech already have done.

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Wed May 08, 2013 8:07 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Screen-time ≠ popularity necessarily. Eva-08's already a fan-favourite and they would also be capitalising on Q's commercial success, I guess.

It is? I can't imagine how or why it would be fan-favorite. Personally I don't really think it is well designed to be perfectly honest, nor does it anything cool in the movie.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 08, 2013 8:24 am

Why you hatin'?

"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

TruthfulLie
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby TruthfulLie » Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Why you hatin'?

:D I don't know, that particular shade of pink is just a bad choice. If only it was more like what 2.22 preview had shown. :uhh:

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 08, 2013 10:25 am

Yeah, the color is my main beef against 08 too : I find the design actually pretty cool, it gives it an uniqueness, and it does some pretty cool things in the movie too with its awesome sniping and when it goes to eject Shinji from EVA-13 and thus stop 4I... but why on Earth the candy pink color?! How could the agency responsible in-universe for its creation have decided t make it pink?!

It really clashes with the tone of the movies, I would have preferred that it used the same green that EVA-05 to keep the overall seriousness of 3.0. Even if she's supposed to be the "comic relief", there is a limit!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed May 08, 2013 10:40 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Yeah, the color is my main beef against 08 too : I find the design actually pretty cool, it gives it an uniqueness, and it does some pretty cool things in the movie too with its awesome sniping and when it goes to eject Shinji from EVA-13 and thus stop 4I... but why on Earth the candy pink color?! How could the agency responsible in-universe for its creation have decided t make it pink?!

It really clashes with the tone of the movies, I would have preferred that it used the same green that EVA-05 to keep the overall seriousness of 3.0. Even if she's supposed to be the "comic relief", there is a limit!

Oh come on. 02 was Asuka's favorite red and Misato agreed 03 would be painted red too if Asuka became the designated pilot.

Mari has a well documented pink fetish so why would she not get the option?

These kids are the only pilots they have. Let them have some say in what they pilot.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Wed May 08, 2013 11:07 am

Yeah, but candy pink!
If the tone of the movie was similar to 1.0 and 2.0 I wouldn't have any problem with that eccentricity, but with 3.0's super serious tone if clashes greatly. I'm aware that it's the desired effect but personally I still think it's too much.

Anyway...

airman4
Banned

Postby airman4 » Wed May 08, 2013 11:25 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Yeah, the color is my main beef against 08 too : I find the design actually pretty cool, it gives it an uniqueness, and it does some pretty cool things in the movie too with its awesome sniping and when it goes to eject Shinji from EVA-13 and thus stop 4I... but why on Earth the candy pink color?! How could the agency responsible in-universe for its creation have decided t make it pink?!

Why pink clashes with seriousness ?

It's not an american movie where all the characters are black and brown
The pink color doesnt bother me , if the mecha is good then it's good.

Jinroh
Ireul
Ireul

Postby Jinroh » Wed May 08, 2013 12:40 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if its original design is what we see in the preview. Then after "stealing" it Wille just repainted/customized it according to Mari's suit, that's all.

Theron
Embryo

Postby Theron » Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 pm

I would love a Unit 13 RAH. And an RD. I already have the revoltech on preorder, I just want A UNIT 13 EVERYTHING.
WHERE IS MY UNIT 13 BANDAI

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”