trailer anytime soon??

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Annihilator
Adam

trailer anytime soon??

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:42 pm

Theres only a few months left until the movie, dose anyone know when there going to show us a new trailer? all we have is that old one that only shows text.

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:30 am

Probably that's going to be all...
Maybe they wanna keep the tension up by not showing us nothing!!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:26 pm

Trailers are made to advertise a movie and get more people to view it. Do they really need another trailer to get people to watch this?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:35 pm

no, but showing people some clips from the movie would probably get some people more interested... and i would like to see one :P

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:40 pm

The trailer they release is plenty. Created so much tension, that if they release footage the tension might lessen.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:01 pm

I like to go into a movie not knowing what to expect. Sadly, that makes it kind of hard to find a movie you want to watch. It's great to have no expectations whatsoever. If Gainax didn't release any footage or information from the film, I would be all the happier.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:12 pm

Most movie trailers are the best 2-3 minutes of the film, shuffled up, leaving no point in watching the rest.

I just look to the write-up in the programme/on the website of our local art-house, like

http://www.picturehouses.co.uk/cinema_home_date.aspx?eventId=1g6m4s%40camb
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:11 pm

EoE's trailer was a big scrambled mess of images from the film set to screaming noises.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:41 am

Well I figure they'll put out a cryptic trailer of some sort in mid-to-end July.

Cause the first trailer was simply a trailer for these Evangelion movies as a WHOLE.

There will be at least one inidivdual trailer for each movie. Never having seen too many Japanese anime trailers myself I don;t know what they'll look like but it makes sense to me.

Evangelion does have a built in audience theatrically in Japan (teh U.S. not so much I think) and the fact that the film exists is advertising enough but I'm sure they'll want to try and gain some new fans (remember- this Eva is supposed to be accesible for the newbie as well) and to do that is to put out a trailer.

I'm guessing within the next month. The American film business because of its excess of money (there's like 8 movies made a summer with a budget so high it could feed all of Africa for a year practically) is one of the few that allows excess marketing, hence why you can get trailers for movies 8 months in advance or so forth. It's still a little under 3 months til Eva 1.0 comes out so no rush. Most U.S. movies actually don;t get a FULL trailer til about a month and a half before release.

My estimate for an Eva 1.0 (just so I can be proven wrong) is....

July 14-21

Typhus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Typhus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:04 pm

I'm happy they arent making a new one. LIke someone said earlyer trailers these days show practically all the movie. For example just look at the Spiderman3 trailer. They showed way to much of it. I could practicly put the whole movie togeather before I even saw it months before it came out.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:37 pm

Another good example is Borat. Most of the best moments were condensed down into the trailer. Watching the movie felt like watching a really long trailer with redundant jokes.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:43 pm

It's true that some of the best jokes were in the Borat trailer, but there was still tons of comedy gold to be found throughout the movie.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:30 pm

BrikHaus wrote:It's true that some of the best jokes were in the Borat trailer, but there was still tons of dog poop to be found throughout the movie.

fixed

oh sorry this post is off topic. Back to discussion of webuild trailers.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:00 am

But the dog poop is all hidden... you usually know where to look for it in the background ahead of time.

Vampire Killer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vampire Killer » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:15 am

Annihilator wrote:no, but showing people some clips from the movie would probably get some people more interested... and i would like to see one :P

I'm one of those people who want to see clips from the upcoming movie, but if their strategy is to keep the tension up before release by not releasing another trailer.... I don't know, I wouldn't feel excited unless I see some clips.

Annihilator
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Annihilator » Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:41 pm

So am I.. They dont have to show a lot, just enought to get me more interested.

Hailtheplatypus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hailtheplatypus » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:59 pm

Even some more developed concept art would suffice... I just want to see what direction they are taking this movie. I do not want to see a Hollywood style trailer that spoils the movie, just something concrete to show what the evas now look like...
The fate of distruction is also the joy of rebirth.

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:08 pm

Hailtheplatypus wrote:Even some more developed concept art would suffice... I just want to see what direction they are taking this movie. I do not want to see a Hollywood style trailer that spoils the movie, just something concrete to show what the evas now look like...

A mindfuck scene would be nice! ;)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”