[LAEM] Matt Greenfield interview from Anime North

The place for all of the old Live Action Evangelion Movie threads.

Moderator: Board Staff

master0rolando
Ireul
Ireul

Matt Greenfield interview from Anime North

Postby master0rolando » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:14 pm

the front page of trivialbeing has 5 vids...its all one interview...

i havent watched yet but i know it doesnt matter what he says...you all wont like it...no matter what

the end of the third vid he starts talking about Eva...and during 4 he talks more...

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:49 pm

I wonder what he was talking about? :roll:
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:38 pm

The videos can be found on Anime Station's YouTube account:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=animestationnet

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Opteron-O3 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:42 am

2 years to "hopefully" start something... damn.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

V
Banned

Postby V » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:05 am

that's before we see something major; frankly I'd be happy to be getting a trickle of news in the form of new concept art, i.e. what the LOTR movies were like from 1999-2000, when we kept hearing a new news tidbit every day.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

chiefen
Tunniel
Tunniel

^_^ \/,,

Postby chiefen » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:10 am

Opteron-O3 wrote:2 years to "hopefully" start something... damn.

Well... considering it's something based on anime, and it's got huge anthropomorphic vehicles, I think we're lucky to even have half of the budget needed. :o
NGE, N. G. E., N. G. Evangelion, Neon Genesis Evangelion.

NOT Eva or EVA. Please. >_<

CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

Postby CitizenGeek » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:28 pm

Well, at least he seems positive about the movie! I think it's hard to watch that and not believe that an Eva live-action movie will eventually materialise. Probably not in our lifetimes, but it'll come one way or another!

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:59 pm

Actually, I think that we will see a Live Action Eva movie within the next ten years, and probably sooner, if the Transformers franchise continues to do well. Hollywood, in the name of franchise, will probably look for other animated robot shows, see which has a large fanbase, and adapt it. Considering theres a live action Voltron in proposal, and a Speed Racer movie being filmed, I think that movies adapted from anime will become a bigger thing in the next decade.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:17 pm

Transformers' success will not generate more giant robot movies based on cartoon shows. Instead it will generate more movies based on 1980s toy lines. "G.I. Joe" is now in pre-production, and I imagine others of that era are now, as well. I don't think we'll be seeing Live Action Eva, Gundam, or Mazinger anytime soon.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:23 pm

I seriously disagree here. I think Hollywood is looking more and more into anime as well for 'the next big thing'.

I point towards the Speed Racer movie, the proposed Voltron movie, the Dragon Ball Z movie. I think its only a matter of time before they realize that some of the more famous anime has a large built in fanbase ready to spend money on tickets, DVD sales, and merchandising. Then there would be the non-geeks that have heard something about the series or something, and they would become interested.

Oh well, I guess time will tell...

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Hunter21 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:09 pm

The difference between the ones you listed and Evangelion is people know about the other ones a lot more. Voltron and Speed Racer X were popular cartoons back in the 80's so people recognize those names. Even Dragonball is more known due to Cartoon Network and it being on US air for a good decade and a half. Evangelion, while well knonw in anime circles, is not something the general public has heard of. This is what's going to scare off investors and make the movie a hard sell.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:12 pm

[url]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-07/warner-tobey-maguire-acquire-robotech-film-rights[/url]

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

Postby NAveryW » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:23 pm

It amazes me that something can be so incredibly influential and popular in a country that we do more trade with than any other (I think), yet it's so obscure here.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

Postby BrikHaus » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 pm

^
That's because it's so incredibly nerdy. We've only managed to suppress it here so far, mostly because in the U.S. we are so motherfucking cool. We can't associate with nerds like otaku.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:07 pm

NAveryW wrote:It amazes me that something can be so incredibly influential and popular in a country that we do more trade with than any other (I think), yet it's so obscure here.

And that's because it's considered a "niche" currently by the "movers and shakers" as well as the "trend setters", especially in the media. A lot of things that are ridiculously popular today were once considered such, like rap music for instance or even the internet(!).

And funnily enough, according the US Census Bureau, Japan is 4th largest US trading partner and Canada(?!) is the biggest.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:52 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:And that's because it's considered a "niche" currently by the "movers and shakers" as well as the "trend setters", especially in the media. A lot of things that are ridiculously popular today were once considered such, like rap music for instance or even the internet(!).

Mass media is stupid though. However, enough people listen to them nowadays...dammit, all the stupid stuff is going to become more and more common.

Return to “Live Action Evangelion Movie”