[Film] Indiana Jones IV

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu May 22, 2008 6:34 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Only thing I'll say so not give anything out Spoilers-wise is that Ford wouldn't work on the film unless the script was approved by him, and according to the review, it's actually better then some of the later films.

Actually, they wouldn't do the movie unless Ford, Lucas, and Spielberg all approved the script. Apparently, Ford and Spielberg had agreed on two or three previous scripts, but Lucas kept rejecting them. Finally, the one Lucas agreed to was the one with the most ridiculous plot, bordering on the idiotic. Now Lucas is saying he wants to do the fifth Indy film but have Shia's character become the new Indy. What the fuck is wrong with this asshole? Can we just please keep George Lucas away from everything? Ever since Episode I came out, every thing this man has touched has turned to shit. He seems to have no ability to discern good ideas from stupid, campy ones.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 pm

I plan on seeing it tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be another overhyped POS like Star Wars Episode I or Alien vs. Predator.
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Thu May 22, 2008 9:22 pm

BrikHaus wrote:What the fuck is wrong with this asshole? Can we just please keep George Lucas away from everything? Ever since Episode I came out, every thing this man has touched has turned to shit. He seems to have no ability to discern good ideas from stupid, campy ones.
So you didn't like Crystal Skull?
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu May 22, 2008 10:48 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
Sailor Star Dust wrote:Only thing I'll say so not give anything out Spoilers-wise is that Ford wouldn't work on the film unless the script was approved by him, and according to the review, it's actually better then some of the later films.

Actually, they wouldn't do the movie unless Ford, Lucas, and Spielberg all approved the script. Apparently, Ford and Spielberg had agreed on two or three previous scripts, but Lucas kept rejecting them.
yeah, one of those was "The Fate of Atlantis" that would have been made in the early-to-mid '90's, another one involved exploring the "Hollow Earth" theory, but Indy 4 had been on hold since Lucas decided to do the Star Wars prequels
Finally, the one Lucas agreed to was the one with the most ridiculous plot, bordering on the idiotic.
the Crystal Skulls plotline may sound a little loopy, but I would not say it's totally devoid of merit

and in fact, due to their dubious history, it might actually buoy some of the underlying cynicism of the series
Now Lucas is saying he wants to do the fifth Indy film but have Shia's character become the new Indy.
Spielberg himself has said this wouldn't even be under consideration until the Transformer sequel(s) were made and out, and that could take a while
Ever since Episode I came out, every thing this man has touched has turned to shit. He seems to have no ability to discern good ideas from stupid, campy ones.
Episode III might have something to say about that

it appears someone has taken their place as chief the anti-Lucas faction of EGF since EM went AWOL :leekspin:

I also find it funny most in the mainstream press are mostly positive about the film while the blogosphere is mostly negative

I hope to see it soon and enjoy it though
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Kurochi
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Kurochi » Thu May 22, 2008 11:14 pm

I haven't seen this movie yet, but my friend did, and he said it wasn't as good as the previous Indiana Jones's. He says the plot is a little loopy and isn't as cool as some of the previous movies. People have also been complaining about how Indy didn't have to use his brain to solve puzzles as much in this one, but I don't know how much merit that has.
Who needs roads when we've got wings?
Who needs wings when we've got minds?
Who needs minds when we've got sins?

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Fri May 23, 2008 1:21 am

lol no more solving-resident-evil-esque-puzzles-in-2-seconds-tops Indy?! NO MORE TIED-BLINDFOLDED-TO-A-STICK INDY?! NOOOOOO...
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri May 23, 2008 6:10 am

Kurochi wrote:I haven't seen this movie yet, but my friend did, and he said it wasn't as good as the previous Indiana Jones's. He says the plot is a little loopy and isn't as cool as some of the previous movies. People have also been complaining about how Indy didn't have to use his brain to solve puzzles as much in this one, but I don't know how much merit that has.

It can't be worse than Temple of Doom

also, lol at Lucas dissing in this topic

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Fri May 23, 2008 6:17 pm

from what I have actually heard from friends I know well (and judgement I can assertain and mostly trust), the key complaint is that it lacks the tension and build-up of those "solving-resident-evil-esque-puzzles-in-2-seconds-tops" moments as TAO put it

they also said that while it was a good movie and close to the previous films, it wasn't on par with "Raiders..."

I hope to see it either this weekend or the next

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri May 23, 2008 7:31 pm

BrikHaus wrote: Now Lucas is saying he wants to do the fifth Indy film but have Shia's character become the new Indy.

Dartz
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Dartz » Sat May 24, 2008 1:20 pm

BrikHaus wrote: Now Lucas is saying he wants to do the fifth Indy film but have Shia's character become the new Indy.

THEY'RE RAPING MY INDY!!

George Lucas should not be allowed near anything that doesn't involve an X-Wing... and even still he should only be allowed play a guy in a whiute suit that gets shot... Or Force choked.....repeatedly.

Jim Jam doing his taxes behind an awesome CGI background...
-------m(^0^)m------ Wot, no sig?

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat May 24, 2008 1:46 pm

[URL=http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=horrifiedha5.jpg]Image[/URL]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat May 24, 2008 8:02 pm

Just went and watched it.

Personally, I liked it. There were some things that just made me go "wtf" but overall, it was an enjoyable movie.

I'm not gonna watch a 5 with Shia Laboof as Indy.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun May 25, 2008 12:30 am

I just saw it tonight as well. It was actually kind of interesting, although there were some obvious plot contrivances that would not have even come close to working in the real word. Monkeys and atom bomb are all I will say.

The plot isn't as grounded in reality as I remember the others to be, but it wasn't terrible.

And does it strike anybody else that the writer of the script was tripping balls when he wrote the last quarter of the script?
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Thu May 29, 2008 5:28 pm

BUMP

I saw it yesterday

with a few exceptions of goofiness, it was pretty good

I recommend it if you have seen Indy 3 and liked that movie (or Indy 2 and didn't like it)

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Thu May 29, 2008 5:34 pm

DO NOT WANT
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri May 30, 2008 9:22 am

'tseems Lucas is (not) alone. Too. Maybe he and Annus are BFF.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Saw it. Better than Temple of Doom but not even close as good as Ark or Holy Grail.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Tetsu Aero
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tetsu Aero » Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 am

It was a fitting end to the Indiana Jones series, and i do hope there won't be a Indy 5.

Anyhow i really liked the whole story in overall and the parts in Yale were hillarious xD

Though the thing i thought was a little too much was Shia's Tarzan scene <.<;;

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:19 am

I just watched it myself, and I concur with most of the opinions I've read (both those floating on the internet and on this thread).

Harrison Ford did a swell job of being an older Indy- he's surprisingly muscular and very fit for his age, and Shia LaBeouf and Karen Allen were great too. Unfortunately, everyone outside the Indy family was messed up pretty awfully, which goes for Cate Blanchett's character as well. 'Tis a shame, for Blanchett is a way better actress than her character merits.

And of course, it was laden with idiotic plot contrivances and awful mock-Russian accents.

Seeing a certain something from the first movie return (guess what and where?) makes me wonder if that had anything to do with the thing lurking under that lost city.

As good as Shia LaBeouf was...I'm not going to watch an Indy movie without Harrison Ford as Indy. Finis.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:02 am

Tetsu Aero wrote:Though the thing i thought was a little too much was Shia's Tarzan scene <.<;;

I was seriously going "WTF" at the scene. Also the snake scene.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Film and Video”