Die Hard

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

Die Hard

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 19, 2007 9:45 pm

So what do you guys think of the new Die Hard?

To me it seems a little late, but looks interesting. I'll go watch it.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat May 19, 2007 10:37 pm

I am a little curious myself. I know that originally the Tears of the Sun movie was supposed to be a Die Hard sequel. I do wonder, with the specter of 9/11 now, how the whole terrorism portrayal/situation will be handled.
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat May 19, 2007 10:46 pm

Fucking took them long enough

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat May 19, 2007 11:17 pm

It's rated PG-13, so I wonder if it's going to be really toned down, and suck compared to the others.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:26 pm

THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:I am a little curious myself. I know that originally the Tears of the Sun movie was supposed to be a Die Hard sequel. I do wonder, with the specter of 9/11 now, how the whole terrorism portrayal/situation will be handled.

Oh really? TotS was actually pretty good, but my guess they didn't make it a DH Sequel was because it wasn't the "same" per se, stylistically.

From the looks of it, it'll involve terrorism... I just hope it's handled correctly.

BrikHaus wrote:It's rated PG-13, so I wonder if it's going to be really toned down, and suck compared to the others.

PG13??? Damn...
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat May 19, 2007 11:30 pm

I don't think it will involve terrorism. The previous Die Hard movies had "terrorists" who were actually just over-glorified bank robbers. They didn't care about pushing any sort of ideological agenda, they just were out to make some cash.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:33 pm

BrikHaus wrote:I don't think it will involve terrorism. The previous Die Hard movies had "terrorists" who were actually just over-glorified bank robbers. They didn't care about pushing any sort of ideological agenda, they just were out to make some cash.

IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337978/ wrote:John McClane (Willis) takes on an Internet-based terrorist organization who is systematically shutting down the United States

hmm...

Edit:

Maggie Q will be there!
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat May 19, 2007 11:34 pm

Well, we'll find out won't we?

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sat May 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Sure we will... not.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sat May 19, 2007 11:42 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:[DH4]John McClane (Willis) takes on an Internet-based terrorist organization who is systematically shutting down the United States

DH1 wrote:New York cop John McClane gives terrorists a dose of their own medicine as they hold hostages in an LA office building.

Of course we all know that they were just out for the money. Same for DH3. I can't really remember what happened in DH2, it didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Maggie Q will be there!

She is oh so hot. :D
Awesomely Shitty

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Sat May 19, 2007 11:49 pm

Why are you guys so obsessed with her?
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Sun May 20, 2007 12:03 am

Cuz she's, like, hot'n' shit

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 20, 2007 4:32 am

The original was harmless knockabout fun with enough property damage that seeing it again a few years ago inspired me to write a Dirty Pair crossover fic.

#2 was OK-ish, 3 was dire -- I have no great hopes of the current day Hollywood that consumes itself doing more than continuing the trend.

Opteron-O3 wrote:Maggie Q will be there! /image excised/

DO NOT WANT.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:23 am

I read an interview with Bruce Willis by ESPN where he said they were trying to get back to the original one with this movie. If they manage that I will go see it, if it is like 2 and 3 I will skip it.

And just to kill the Maggie Q thing. It's not like she is Jessica Alba, what are you hornboys getting so riled up about?
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Sun May 20, 2007 7:57 am

Probably it's because we seldom see a model from Hong Kong getting into Hollywood.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:41 am

I just think Maggie Q is cute, nothing for you guys to fuss about...

If DH4 will be like DH1 then I'll watch it. I can get free tickets, so I guess I'll watch it either way :D
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

reagen
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby reagen » Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 am

As long as 'Die Hard' is still the same old free-from-thinking-action-based movie, I'll watch it!!

And beside, it got Bruce Willis, the Clint Eastwood of our times!!
She Smell Like Angels Ought To Smell
The Perfect Woman, The Goddess...
Worth Killing For, Worth Dying For, Worth Going To Hell For....
------------------------------------------------------
I Can Only Love One Woman,
No Matter The Day, No Matter The Era
That Will Not Change...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 21, 2007 10:38 am

reagen wrote:And beside, it got Bruce Willis, the Clint Eastwood of our times!!

Shouldn't Clint Eastwood be the Clint Eastwood of our time? The guy isn't dead yet, you know.
Awesomely Shitty

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Mon May 21, 2007 11:19 am

IMO, Eastwood has lost his edge, especially in the last decade. He's nowhere near his heyday of "Dirty" Harry Callahan and The Man with No Name.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon May 21, 2007 11:25 am

Is losing your edge the same thing as starring in and directing Academy Award winning films?
Awesomely Shitty

Return to “Film and Video”