Star Trek

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Re: Star Trek

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun May 26, 2019 1:54 pm

I’ve read that the sexism continues right up through DS9.

Then of curse with Voyager they had no idea how to write a female captainZ

(Tip: you write a female captain exactly like a male captain. A woman does not consult her ovaries before she launches photon torpedoes)
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

silvermoonlight
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sun May 26, 2019 2:07 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I’ve read that the sexism continues right up through DS9.

Then of curse with Voyager they had no idea how to write a female captainZ

(Tip: you write a female captain exactly like a male captain. A woman does not consult her ovaries before she launches photon torpedoes)

I had not heard about DS9 but I do recall watching Voyager and there were some real WTF moments when it came to Janeway and Seven Of Nine characters which even as a teen made me just roll my eyes or made me uncomfortable as hell in how they framed it and how stupidly it was written and your writing tip is spot on. ^_^
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Mon May 27, 2019 12:18 am

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Not to mention Gates McFadden before TNG was in Labyrinth and the ball room scene dance is all her choreographing, that scene is everything because of her Henson gave her the ability to do what she wanted and she really delivered and now its considered iconic. She also helped with the puppet scenes and movement during the filming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdiTg-Yg-FU

I had no idea about this, that's wonderful. Thank you for linking that!

Re: Picard series, I agree it would be good to see McFadden return as Crusher in some capacity if they could work it out in some way that resonates with what we saw of her possible future in ... All Good Things.

On a similar note, it'd also be good to see Whoopi Goldberg return as Guinan - a great character that they used appropriately in TNG, though was sidelined after Generations. Guinan is perhaps the only other character apart from Crusher that Picard used to consult about personal matters, and if this new series is about Picard coming to terms with a life-changing event, it'd be a waste not to include her. If Paramount could include Goldberg in Nemesis for an uncredited cameo in the Wedding scene, I don't see why they couldn't include her in this story.
Voluntary Illusion.

cyharding
Our Man in Tokyo 3
Our Man in Tokyo 3

•      
  •      

Postby cyharding » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:44 pm

Comic-con trailer for the Picard Series.
SPOILER: Show
Wow, both Seven of Nine & Data in this? This series has my attention.

I wonder if it's worth it to get CBS All Access?
Finding intelligent life on the web is not easy, we must all be glad we found EGF. - A.T. Fish
You Can Start Again. Chapter 24 now released. Now on FF.net
Oh, Eva, you never cease to amaze me. Your fans are analizing a calendar, for god's sake.- Alpha

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:55 am

I got all access for Discovery and I can’t say I particularly regret it.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Return to “Film and Video”