Star Trek

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: New Moderators, Board Staff

Bagheera
Banned

Re: Star Trek

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

I have no issue with the uniforms, since they look like actual military uniforms. I appreciated Enterprise for giving the crew uniforms that seemed halfway plausible, just as I appreciated the TOS movies which likewise at least gave lip service to something resembling a dress uniform. But the fact is that Starfleet seems to change up their uniforms ever few years, so this is no biggie.

Press releases have explicitly stated that this show is set in the prime timeline, so there's no point speculating about that.

As for the rest, we'll have to wait and see. It at least looks good so far, and I like what I've seen of the cast. Not much to work with beyond that.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

jcmoorehead
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:Other than what we see in Generations, I thought there wasn't anymore said about B. Am I mistaken here.

There wasn't it pretty much launched and got blown up, that's why I think it'd be interesting to see how things might have panned out differently for it in the alternate timeline. Didn't really mean too much more than that really, just be interesting to see if maybe there was a knock on effect on the other Enterprise variants.

silvermoonlight
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 19, 2017 10:42 am

View Original Postcyharding wrote:It's Patrick Stewart. What the hell are you are going to do? :shrug:

Use there imagination create possible new holodeck plays based on our themes and ideas which are relevant to our world in the present plus its an alternative universe Shakespeare might not be a famous writer and WW2 might not have happened world earths history could be very really different. Don't get me wrong I love Patrick Stewart and I love him in NG and I am in no way poking at him more the writers for missing an opportunity to make up new stories and creative ideas.

If there clever about it they could poke fun at fantasy literature I mean even in the originals series I always found it weird that no one wanted to fight a dragon on the holodeck like I would think if most people had a holodeck the first thing they'd want to do is play out there childhood fantasies be they killing dragons or seeing dinosaurs in the flesh.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

Return to “Film and Video”