Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:41 pm

Up to Getter Robo G episode 12. Lets see:

-Political rivalries and dirty tricks? Check
-Awesome gun fights? Check
-Submarine fortress? Check
-Showing that the bad guys have humanity to them? Check
-More awesome monsters of the week? Check
-Onis with cowboy clothing and having an epic shoot out with the Getter team in a western style ghost town? Epic Check!

The one thing that would have made that more awesome would be a reappearance of the Texas Mack. :bigguns:

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:46 pm

Watched the first 2 eps of Katanagatari.

I expected crazy shaft animation

I got LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dialogues which say nothing.

That shit got me so nervous, it was like nothing actually happened. Damn shit is shitty.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 pm

I split all the specific Sora no Woto posts off into it's own thread because it's cluttering this one.

I wouldn't encourage making threads that contain strings of posts like "SQUEEEE I JUST SAW EP5!", since after the show's over, most of those posts end up pretty worthless, but at least there will be a dedicated thread to discuss it afterwards, since we have a subforum for anime now. This place isn't /a/.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:38 pm

Watched the first 2 eps of Katanagatari.

I expected crazy shaft animation

I got LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dialogues which say nothing.

That shit got me so nervous, it was like nothing actually happened. Damn shit is shitty.

I liked katanagatari, but wait your saying this was another shaft production? Damn, for a moment I thought someone who wasn't shaft actually made an anime I liked this year. Damn, last year the only decent things that weren't shaft were spice and wolf 2, trapeze, sunred and I suppose the 2nd haruhi was alright too. But other then that the only good stuff last year was all shaft.

Now we got 2010 and so far its mostly been shitty dork fantasy anime, then I saw katanagatari and was like oh hey this is good and it wasn't made by shaft, maybe this year won't be such a bad year for anime afterall. But damn you shot my hopes down, shaft is the only anime studio left that semi consistantly makes good things. (ghibli doesnt count)
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Defectron wrote:I liked katanagatari, but wait your saying this was another shaft production?

It's not. Unless White Fox is somehow also SHAFT.

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

Postby Defectron » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Awesome, that means there's still hope for this years anime line up when the first good anime of the year is made by someone I never heard of that's always a good thing.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:12 pm

Up to episode 28 of Getter Robo G. Darn Italian dubs *mumbles*. Anyways, as I continue watching this series I see that the Hundred Demon Empire becomes more and more sinister as they progress (and since one of their generals it pretty much oni-Hitler that isn't surprising) which I'll mention in the "Most Evil Anime Characters" topic. In episode 21 the Getter Shine Spark makes it's grand debut and man it is one awesome attack. I have to give episode 23 credit for *wait for it*............

SPOILER: Show
Fire breathing bunnies. Yes, you read correctly, rabbits breath fire so that onis dressed up as birthday party clowns can sneak into the laboratory. :jawdrop:

Classic old school super robot fighting for the win. :cool:

Cypher
Adam

Postby Cypher » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:40 pm

Watched the first ep of Gundam Unicorn today, I thought it was pretty awesome so hopefully the remaining 5 eps keep this trend.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby master_lloyd » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:33 am

Cypher wrote:Watched the first ep of Gundam Unicorn today, I thought it was pretty awesome so hopefully the remaining 5 eps keep this trend.

Agreed, I thought it was fantastic. Can't say I understood everything that was going on, but I enjoyed immensely none-the-less.

Also the animation was spectacular.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 pm

Whatched 4 eps of Eve no Jikan today. Pretty good. And the backgrounds are awesome.
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Finally got around to finishing Kare Kano today. I started it back in August or so, put it on indefinite hold, bought it DVD a few weeks ago, and rewatched what I'd seen before continuing from there. Wasn't a huge fan of any of the characters, but I found the presentation to be fantastic even by Anno's standards. The last eight eps or so were kinda jarring and felt rather disjoint from the rest of the show, though. It wasn't hard to tell when Anno was sacked, that's for sure.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion
Banned

Postby Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:20 pm

I just got done finishing Getter Robo G; the ending was quite a step up from the previous series to say the least. Overall the battles were pretty cool, the comedy scenes were funny, the music was well done, and for the most part it felt climactic although the Maximum Science Fortress was not much of a final boss like the Hundred Demon Empire Combined Robot was (wow, long name!). The ending should have had some more climactic features character wise, simply faking a death doesn't exactly cut it and sadly most of the older mecha anime do this save for Zambot 3, the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and Double Zeta Gundam do this for whatever reason. Oh well, it was still an awesome series and Getter Robo G is currently my second favorite old school super robot after Combattler V. :bigguns:

I'm going to start getting into Fafner as of next week and maybe Eureka Seven some time after and since I found the names of all the Saucer Beasts and Vega Monsters I guess I could start watching Grendizer.

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:25 pm

I saw the first 3 epsiodes of Bleach today. It was meh-worthy so far. Some good, some bad. Should I continue?
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby LiLi » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:53 am

Been rewatching XXXHolic Kei and xxxHolic Shunmuki.

Also, since the local distributor/licensor of Dance In The Vampire Bund is offering streaming subbed episodes for free, I figured I'd give it a try... the first episode seemed a bit unusual and more entertaining than I expected. I think I'll keep watching.

I'm on a supernatural roll, I guess? :lol:

:EDIT: Having finished the first story-arc, I have mixed feelings about Dance In The Loli Bund so far.
SPOILER: Show
While there are several things I like about the show, I think the overall effect is ruined by certain flaws... which is a pity. For one thing, IMO it feels like they tried to stuff way too much in too little airtime. You know that rushed messy feeling some anime series give you toward the end of a season, as they're trying to wrap things up making up an ending as they go? Here it came way sooner.

I like Mina as a character - especially her speech patterns (she reminds me of Jiraiya :lol:) and I think her voice actress did a great job... but the rest of the cast - including first and foremost the male lead - seems incredibly generic. This might be due, I hear, to not following the supposedly more interesting characterization from the manga - which I haven't read. Also, the way the main relationships are handled doesn't work for me - if anything, they detract from my enjoyment of the show.
Last edited by LiLi on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

AchtungAffen
Banned

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:06 am

Finished Lupin III - The Last Job. As far as I can remember, the best Lupin movie/special was Cagliostro. This one has good animation, but story is kinda lacking.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Rogles
Embryo

Postby Rogles » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:40 pm

ran1 wrote:I saw the first 3 epsiodes of Bleach today. It was meh-worthy so far. Some good, some bad. Should I continue?

No, I feel it drags on waaaaay too long.

I've watched like 14 episodes of Cowboy Bebop in the last 24 hours. Not as mindfucky or epic as NGE, but that doesn't stop it from being great. It just oozes "cool", whether it's the intro, the characters, or the amazing jazz soundtrack. And the English dub is actually great.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:44 pm

I stopped watching Bleach around... 130 I think.
I just lost interest in it.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:19 pm

I saw the first 3 epsiodes of Bleach today. It was meh-worthy so far. Some good, some bad. Should I continue?

I lost interest in Bleach after the SS saga ended. The series start off as a good YYH knock off but came so boring afterwards. It's better then Naruto which is not saying much in my opinon.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

ran1
Banned

Postby ran1 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:01 am

Alright. I figure I'll watch a bit more, but I think I'll quit as soon as it starts to drag. Thanks for the input.
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:03 am

because I'm mischevious bastard I think you should watch all Bleach and then shift over to manga so that you can enjoy kubo's asinine trolling for years to come

Return to “Old Stickies”